Captain Britain - New Booster by sbarth13

Started by The Boy Sanga, July 09, 2007, 11:15AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi, first of all thanks for the mod, I've always been a fan of Capt. Britain. But I played with it a bit and found several things that would need adjustment. I downloaded the "CaptainBritainFinal" version and used both the default and original costume, in case that matter.

So, here are the problems I found:

- When you hold strong punch and then releases it, Captain just freezes there.
- The sequence weak -> strong does not work, which means Captain can't trip nor stun.
- Captain does not hit enemies on the ground.
- The power where he flies and slams back to the ground would look much better if the "explosion" happened just a little later - as it is, the floor bangs, enemies fly and then Captain reaches the ground. Same for the Xtreme.

Anyway, it still is a great mod and it looks great. ;)

Captain Britain uses a new fightstyle, so make sure you're starting a new game using default stats if you want to see all the animations.

OK, just tried what you suggested, it didn't work - I'm still having the same problems... :(

just wondering, when it says the character has no sounds, does that mean voice effects or sound effects?

I just checked and there's no sound directory in the .rar. So that's a no on both cases.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Hi, I'm kinda new at this stuff and I don't really like using any of those compiler's. I'm just wondering, is this character worth the download? Could anyone give me a list of glitches or how this character is unique from the others? Thanks!

Sorry for digging this thread back up...

But does someone have Cap Britain 1.8 they can upload, I click on the link here and it says "Found 0 files"

also
Quote- When you hold strong punch and then releases it, Captain just freezes there.
- The sequence weak -> strong does not work, which means Captain can't trip nor stun.

I was playing 1.7 before and i had the same problems

Yes I would also appreciate the 1.8 update.
Let slip the dogs of war!

I was able to download 1.7 but when I tried to download 1.8 it said no file. First some other screen came up.

Hi there
Any news on when Captain Britain will get sounds.
Regards
Paul

Yeah, I'm also wondering if anyone is working on sounds for this.  :capbrit: is an awesome character, no real reason he should be this quiet. ;)
Let slip the dogs of war!

i have been using the captain britain mod a lot lately. everything seems to work fine except for 1 thing: he can't attack anyone on the ground. i have tried to change coding in the powerstyles and herostat but can't seem to fix the problem. but i will admit that i am extremely new to modding. i tried adding some of thor's powerstat stuff, and oddly enough cap can make a ground attack using the heavy attack button only. i don't know if this is an animation problem or not. if its a code problem i could fix it myself if someone could show me how. if it s an animation problem, someone else will have to fix it, as i do not have the program installed, nor do i understand how to assign animations.

sounds - i have found that some of thors sound files work with capt. specifically i changed the knockback ability to thors mjolnir slam (minus the hammer and the powerup effect), and the sounds work. as a bonus, capt animation #2 just happens to be thors mjolnir slam animation.  also playing around, his Jab ability sounds now work, but i don't remember what i changed, if anything. i also played around with his #3 ability, and found that changing it to iron mans Nano assault, or captain marvels #2 ability, that both sounds work.

i changed the knockback ability because i found it kinda lacking, both in animation and ability. it never seemed to actually deal damage or knock back, and the animation for it looks kinda bad. it did occasionally pop up some bad guys though.

overall a good mod, fun to play so far. just wish i could fix the whole 'not attacking enemies on the ground' thing.

If you get all the kinks worked out, maybe you could release your improvements as a Booster.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

I have uploaded sbarth13's booster. It can be found on the front page of this post.

Big thanks to him for working on this. I haven't played the game for over 2 years and don't even have it any more, so its a shame I can't test this booster out. If ever anyone decides to record a playthrough with it, please let me know.