MUALover's Releases : Quick Announcements!

Started by MUALover, November 03, 2011, 08:02AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: mike_89x on August 03, 2013, 09:20AM
there are no words to express my gratitude for finally having the thor booster that i've been waiting for. just so you know i'm giving you a standing ovation. well done my friend.
Thanks a lot my friend! Really appreciate it! :)

Quote from: aventureiromax on August 03, 2013, 09:28AM
Wow Thor booster is really good  :rockon: Good job  :thumbsup:
Thank you, aventureiromax! :D

Quote from: mike_89x on August 03, 2013, 09:43AM
btw the 9th power Gaea blessing doesn't work, nothing happens just consumes energy. sry for multiple posting
Strange.. It's working on my computer, gotta check it out soon..

Quote from: mike_89x on August 03, 2013, 09:20AM
i've tried the booster and it is a jewel, a treasure, the only thing wrong is that some of the melee moves don't work like electric spheres, asgardian smash and lightning trap so far (yes i've started a new game i just reinstalled the game on my pc when i saw the new thor booster that you released so its a fresh installation and i'm playing on normal mode). i can play without  them so its no problem, but i thought you should know. cheers
It looks like it's an entity problem. Check and make sure there's no .ENGB file format for Thor's entity file (ents_thor) inside the 'data/entities' folder on your game.
Or, test the booster in Hard mode, see if the problem still exists.

Hope that helps. ;)
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

thx for the reply, there was an .engb in the entities folder. that solved the melee moves but power 9 still does nothing. thx again

Quote from: mike_89x on August 03, 2013, 04:02PM
thx for the reply, there was an .engb in the entities folder. that solved the melee moves but power 9 still does nothing. thx again

I'm analyzing this, what do you mean by 'still does nothing'?

EDIT : Turns out there's a powerstyle and talents error on Gaea's Blessings, stay tuned..

EDIT2 : Updated the download link with the fixed Gaea's Bleessings. You guys may wanna redownload him ;)
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Quote from: MUALover on August 03, 2013, 09:41PM
I'm analyzing this, what do you mean by 'still does nothing'?

EDIT : Turns out there's a powerstyle and talents error on Gaea's Blessings, stay tuned..

EDIT2 : Updated the download link with the fixed Gaea's Bleessings. You guys may wanna redownload him ;)

i can confirm that it works. everything is good so thx again for the mod and especially for the quick fix. cheers

Quote from: mike_89x on August 04, 2013, 12:05AM
i can confirm that it works. everything is good so thx again for the mod and especially for the quick fix. cheers
Ah, glad it's working, thanks for reporting the bugs, BTW XD

Quote from: 12emre12 on August 04, 2013, 08:02AM
Thor is perfect. Your booster made him really enjoyable  :applause:
Thank you, 12emre12! Really appreciate it! Hope you guys enjoy him with the booster! :)
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

I just wanna say thanks for the efects that you made for Thor(in my opinion the original fightstyle was ok, but nothing bad with yours). The Lighting Rod power is my favorite update from your booster. Good work.

Quote from: Odinson012 on August 06, 2013, 09:43AM
I just wanna say thanks for the efects that you made for Thor(in my opinion the original fightstyle was ok, but nothing bad with yours). The Lighting Rod power is my favorite update from your booster. Good work.

Your welcome! And thanks a lot, BTW, Odinson012! Really appreciate your comment. Glad you like the Lightning Rod power :D

EDIT : Yay my 1000th post! I'll think I'll go 'Invincible' lol XD
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

This is absolutely excellent work. Storm and Thor are my favourite characters, and I'm glad their powers have been amplified to such a dazzling extent.

I'm noticing a few anomalies in my game however. On a base installation with Official Characters 1.3 installed, starting a brand new game on normal difficulty, I've encountered the following issues (auto-spending turned off):

STORM

• Her outfits have different passive bonuses:
    Astonishing: Defense, Weather Mastery, Boost Stats
    Retro: Static Charge, Defense, Critical Strike
    Ultimate: Focus, Defense, Weather Mastery
    Classic: Resistance, Max Energy, Defense
    (Note that I used the cheat code to unlock all outfits.)
  • Lightning Bolts has no initial (blue) skill rank.
  • On power activation (right trigger on an X360 pad), certain skills display the incorrect icon:
    (skill used/assigned) -> (icon displayed)
    Lightning Bolts -> Lightning's Rage
    Shocking Bolts -> Charging Voltage
THOR

• Lightning Rod is listed at the very top of the Powers tab, and it doesn't have any level requirements (for any rank). If the "all powers" or level 99 cheat code is used, its position changes to after Thor's Rage (which I believe is correct), however the level requirement is 20 for all ranks.
  • I'm not sure if Lightning Rod's damage progression is correct:
    14-16, 16-18, 18-21, 21-23, 23-25, 25-28, 27-30, 30-33
  • On power activation, certain skills display the incorrect icon:
    Hammer Toss -> Thor's Rage
    Thor's Rage -> Hammer Toss
    Lightning Rod -> God Speed
    God Speed -> Lightning Rod
    Thunderous Blast -> Wrath of the Gods
    Wrath of the Gods -> Gaea's Blessing
    Gaea's Blessing -> Thunderous Blast
Apart from the swapped icons making gameplay a little confusing, I've had such a blast with these boosters.

I'm new to this, but looking through the talent and powerstyle files, I've managed to fix all but one of the problems above. I'll detail my actions just in case I've made a mistake.

In thor.engb, I deleted the following block to fix the problems with Lightning Rod:

1366         require {
1367         cat = level ;
1368         level = %thor_p3_req ;
1369         }

I also reduced the maximum level of the skill from 15 to 10, in order to allow the maximum damage range of 45-49 to be reached (line 1320).

In storm.engb, I changed the skin numbers (skin = #) to match their intended corresponding outfits.

In ps_thor.engb and ps_storm.engb, I basically searched for all instances of "icon =" and updated the numbers to match the changed icons.

Quote from: Jewels on August 18, 2013, 05:57PM
This is absolutely excellent work. Storm and Thor are my favourite characters, and I'm glad their powers have been amplified to such a dazzling extent.

Apart from the swapped icons making gameplay a little confusing, I've had such a blast with these boosters.
Thanks a lot, Jewels! Glad you like them. :D  Yeah, they're the bugs I'm trying to fix, but I don't have so much time XD

STORM

• Her outfits have different passive bonuses:
    Astonishing: Defense, Weather Mastery, Boost Stats
    Retro: Static Charge, Defense, Critical Strike
    Ultimate: Focus, Defense, Weather Mastery
    Classic: Resistance, Max Energy, Defense
    (Note that I used the cheat code to unlock all outfits.)
  • Lightning Bolts has no initial (blue) skill rank.
  • On power activation (right trigger on an X360 pad), certain skills display the incorrect icon:
    (skill used/assigned) -> (icon displayed)
    Lightning Bolts -> Lightning's Rage
    Shocking Bolts -> Charging Voltage
Her outfits indeed have different passives :) For the icons, I think it's a powerstyle problem, didn't check the booster with X360 pad as I don't have them XD

THOR

• Lightning Rod is listed at the very top of the Powers tab, and it doesn't have any level requirements (for any rank). If the "all powers" or level 99 cheat code is used, its position changes to after Thor's Rage (which I believe is correct), however the level requirement is 20 for all ranks.
  • I'm not sure if Lightning Rod's damage progression is correct:
    14-16, 16-18, 18-21, 21-23, 23-25, 25-28, 27-30, 30-33
  • On power activation, certain skills display the incorrect icon:
    Hammer Toss -> Thor's Rage
    Thor's Rage -> Hammer Toss
    Lightning Rod -> God Speed
    God Speed -> Lightning Rod
    Thunderous Blast -> Wrath of the Gods
    Wrath of the Gods -> Gaea's Blessing
    Gaea's Blessing -> Thunderous Blast
Lightning Rod's power damage is correct, I think.

I'll check their powerstyle and talents later as soon as I have more time to do it.
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Quote from: MUALover on August 20, 2013, 10:57AM
Her outfits indeed have different passives :)

I did see different passives at the end of Storm's talent file, such as her classic outfit having Weather Mastery as 41, Boost Stats as 42, and Defense as 43. What I wasn't sure about was whether they were meant to have skin = 2, skin = 0, and skin = 3, as opposed to all three being skin = 3.

Quote from: MUALover on August 20, 2013, 10:57AMFor the icons, I think it's a powerstyle problem, didn't check the booster with X360 pad as I don't have them XD

I managed to look at your modified icon numbers and successfully changed them accordingly. They match when using a game pad now.

Quote from: MUALover on August 20, 2013, 10:57AMLightning Rod's power damage is correct, I think.

I saw that the maximum power level was 15:
         talentvalue {
         level = 15 ;
         name = thor_p12_dmg ;
         value = 45 49 ;
         }

But there were only a maximum of 10 available ranks to acquire.
         tier {
         cost = 2 ;
         count = 4 ;
         }

tier {
         cost = 3 ;
         count = 4 ;
         }

tier {
         cost = 3 ;
         count = 1 ;
         difficulty = hard ;
         }

tier {
         cost = 4 ;
         count = 1 ;
         difficulty = hard ;
         }

Gosh, so sorry for a very late reply.. Don't have a time to even just to reply at this post.. XD

Quote from: Jewels on August 20, 2013, 11:59AM

I did see different passives at the end of Storm's talent file, such as her classic outfit having Weather Mastery as 41, Boost Stats as 42, and Defense as 43. What I wasn't sure about was whether they were meant to have skin = 2, skin = 0, and skin = 3, as opposed to all three being skin = 3.

I managed to look at your modified icon numbers and successfully changed them accordingly. They match when using a game pad now.

I saw that the maximum power level was 15:
         talentvalue {
         level = 15 ;
         name = thor_p12_dmg ;
         value = 45 49 ;
         }

But there were only a maximum of 10 available ranks to acquire.
         tier {
         cost = 2 ;
         count = 4 ;
         }

tier {
         cost = 3 ;
         count = 4 ;
         }

tier {
         cost = 3 ;
         count = 1 ;
         difficulty = hard ;
         }

tier {
         cost = 4 ;
         count = 1 ;
         difficulty = hard ;
         }

I'll check them out later.. Thanks a lot for noticing them! ;) BTW, Madelyne Pryor's link is updated, check on her release thread. :)

Will try to update another links that are dead (if there are any)..
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench