Midnightphoenix123's Skinning Tutorial!

Started by Midnightphoenix, November 19, 2011, 12:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay I figured out that I have to export the file into a folder. Where should I export it into? The MUASkinner folder?

If your talkin about the dds plugin, you copy and paste the file here: C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins

Oh no, the .dds image I just made, it says that I cannot 'save as', it tells me to export the file, and when I export them, I choose a file to put it in, and it says dds, and then the pop up comes and I click the load mipmaps. I just don't know where to extract it to.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on June 06, 2012, 10:14AM
Really useful tutorial!

Thank you :) I'm glad I could help! It makes me feel good!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Oh, one thing I noticed, in the step where you convert the RGB image back to Indexed, you have to make sure the palette is 255. If it isn't the skin doesn't work.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on June 06, 2012, 10:33AM
Oh, one thing I noticed, in the step where you convert the RGB image back to Indexed, you have to make sure the palette is 255. If it isn't the skin doesn't work.

Really? Lol, I have never done that before, maybe it's just set up that way for me already.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I will be very silly, but I can not do step 9 and the following
The Gimp does not open, you have to do something with the plugins?

Sorry if not understood, but I wrote it with google translator

Hi, please someone could upload the gimp plugin in another link? I'm having problems with the one Midnightphoenix posted.

I updated the DDS plugin to the actual download page now, so it should work for you all now! If it doesn't let me know :)

Thanks again for this topic, it was super helpful! I have a much better understanding of the basics of altering and applying skins now  :venom:

I just want to join to the remarks : it is realy a usefull tutorial.
A lot of thanks to Midnightphoenix123 !!! :) :) :)
" The day you stop racing,
is the day you win the race "

Quote from: Dr. Bruce Banner on March 23, 2015, 04:07AM
I just want to join to the remarks : it is realy a usefull tutorial.
A lot of thanks to Midnightphoenix123 !!! :) :) :)

You're very welcome! I'm glad it is proving useful!

Tthanks fr you tortle its gooooooooooood you are good person!
!

Quote from: sueinvisiblewoman on October 11, 2015, 07:27AM
Tthanks fr you tortle its gooooooooooood you are good person!
!

Thank you!