Which baseball team do you think will make the World Series this year?

Started by jonchang, July 12, 2007, 01:26AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am a die-hard baseball fan, but since I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, I would have to say the Oakland Athletics, since I favor them over the San Francisco Giants who have been slumping for two years now. I especially enjoy the fielding of their Gold Glove star third-baseman, Eric Chavez.

im from oz so basicly, dont care :P well that was my two cents...

Meh... If I really had to pick now, I'd say the Indianapolis Colts.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

The Colts...

/palmface

But yeah, I'm a close follower of baseball and I must say that the Angels and Mets are two scary teams.  But if the Yankees make the playoffs...they might just win it all.

I hate the Yankees with a passion. Anyone would be better than them. The only way I would set foot in Yankee stadium is if someone paid me lots of money to go there and I mean lots of it.

The only reason I like the Bronx Bombers are because of their right-side of their infield; the two star faces of the Yanks: Jeter and A-Rod.

I bet the Yankees will make it, and if they don't I hope they eliminate the Boston Red Sox. I wouldn't mind seeing the Cubs win it either.

Cubs? Nah, not IMO. My bet would be on the Bronx Bombers. They got A-Rod, the offensive powerhouse: a brigade's worth of firepower. And they have Melky Cabrera's rocket arm in center. Jeter, one of the Gold Glove shortstops. Abreu, who has a strong, accurate throw from right and has some good power as well. Matsui, who has a quick reaction to the ball, and can get a longball if he wants it. Cano, who has been on fire recently. Mienkewitcz, who has made some outstanding plays at first base. Giambi, who can really show some power with the stick. Then there's Damon, who can show some power if he wishes to do so. Molina, who has shown some pretty good defense as of late. Posada, one of the best catchers in the league, IMO. Plus, their star pitching roster: Mussina, The Rocket, Mariano, Chamberlain, Hughes...

That's why my money'd be on the Yanks.

yea they do got a kick ass team, and they probably will win it, but if they don't i hope the cubs will win it. They were one of the worst teams last year and this year they won their division, thats awesome.

Well, ALDS starts tomorrow, Yankees vs. Indians. Chien-Ming Wang vs. C.C. Sabathia. I'm gonna follow the Bombers throughout the postseason.

Dammit, Yankees lost ALDS. Dunno bout A-Rod's future now. They better not get rid of Torre. D'Backs win 3-0. Rockies win 3-0. Red Sox win 3-0. With New York gone, my eyes are on Boston. They better beat the crap out of the Indians.

he has a player opt. I hope he chooses to leave the yanks, there to good of a team, tey somehow they ended up losing to the Indians. yea did anyone here whats happening to Torre, I heard from like 3 ppl that hes gona get fired and like 5 saying hes not. I hate Boston even more than i hate the yanks so i hope Indians win and meet Rockies in the World Series and the rockies beat them.