Which baseball team do you think will make the World Series this year?

Started by jonchang, July 12, 2007, 01:26AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm completely different. My eyes are on Boston. I want them to beat the crap out of the Indians, and then advance so that the Rockies can beat them once they own the D'Backs. Was watching the back-to-back homers on the Red Sox site.

Yea that was crazy, and that was the first time all season that they did that. Are u a Ynkee fan Midnight Curse?

Go Boston! A great comeback from 3-1 to pwn the Tribe in the two final games. So it's the Sox vs. Rockies. I don't really know who will win. Both teams I like.

Yea the Tribe blew it. They should have won the series in 5 games. But I hope the Rockies win the World Series.

yo the rockies better step it up, 13-1 is an embarrasing loss

:laugh:

Watched it all the way through. Pedroia jacked another one! Definitely my choice for ROTY.

EDIT: Score another one for the Sox. 2-1. Lowell got the only extra-base hit with a two-bagger. Halfway there now. At least it wasn't as bad as last night.

yea that sucks, i want Rockies to win, but I kinda figured with a 9 day resting period they would loose all their momentum coming into the series. O well

The Red Sox have swept the Colorado Rockies 4-0! Game 3 final score: 10-5. Game 4 final score: 4-3. Rox came in close with Garret Atkin's 2-run line drive shot into left, but to no cigar as Jacoby Ellsbury made a great leaping catch at the wall to take away the tying run. That was the rest. Papelbon did "the dance".

The Rockies deserved to win that series, they won 22 out of 23 then had a 9 day rest, and the Sox had what a 3 day rest. The Sox had all the momentum going into the series. Hopefully the comissioner will smarten up and start the WS right after both the ALCS and NLCS are done, not waiting an extra 4 days.

I've recently heard that A-Rod is re-deciding his contract options and might sign on a 10-year contract with the Yankees for the rest of his career.

I've also heard of Barry Bonds's upcoming trials, and he has a lot more to worry about than increasing his homerun total or deciding which team he should go for next.

Also, have the awards been decided yet? ROTY, Gold Glove, Silver Slugger, Hank Aaron, AL and NL MVP?

This is becoming a baseball talk thread now (my other one is dying out)...

Cy Young went to Peavy and Sabathia.  Rookie of the year went to Pedroia and Braun.  Hank Aaron award went to Fielder and Arod.  Gold gloves went to Johan Santana, I-Rod, Youkilis Polanco, Beltre, Orland Cabrera, Ichiro, Hunter, and Sizemore for the AL.  Then to Maddux, Russell Martin, Derrek Lee, Hudson, Wright, Rollins, Beltran, Rowand, Andruw Jones, and Jeff Francoeur for the NL.  Just go here:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/awards/mlb_awards_content.jsp?content=silver_slugger_history

Red Sox starting rotation next season.

Beckett
Schilling
Matsuzaka
Wakefield(?)
Buchholz(?)
Lester(?)

Yea I hope Barry Bonds does some time, as for A-Rod it doesn't matter the Yanks aren't gonna be any better with or without him, I think there a declining team.