Angel Mod (Update 09/10/07)

Started by matt710, July 15, 2007, 10:06PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 17, 2007, 03:14PM #75 Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 01:37PM by iammingy
Matt, do you know how to bolt Angel's bolton wing onto a wingless skin in the powerstyle (instead of the herostat)?  I could do the same with other non-animated boltons, but I can't seem to do it for the ones that require a corresponding skeleton.

Oh btw... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :laola:

EDIT: Never mind... I got it to work!!! :king:

November 14, 2007, 10:37AM #76 Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 11:16AM by Hitane
Um, guys, none of the links to download Angel is working, could someone re-upload please? I'd really like to try angel..

Thanks

EDIT: great, not even the version 1 seems to be working, I can't get angel at all..

are you sure? i just re-downloaded version 1.1 from mediafire and it seems to work?
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Oh, yay it works now

Typical, as soon as you come on, mediafire sorts itself out.

Thanks anyway, I copied it over so I'm going to give it a try...

Moving on to Angel.  He will get sounds, a voice, new skins, and a sword.  I will be getting rid of the trap move borrowed from storm since it doesn't make mutch sense and may mix up some of his animations.  He will not be getting a new fightstyle thusfar, and I will try my hardest from some menu animations (I can def do an idle and action, it is goodbye that is the problem).  I may look into how the game defines what animation is used for menu_goodbye and how the game uses it in the menu since it isn't defined in the shared_anims file.  Maybe I can set it to look for a power like power_17 or power_15 (which are seldom used by the skeletons in xml2)  If that is the case that might be something to look into and can give us menu anims for all the mods that lack them.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

Cool. What skins are you looking into giving him? He already has a whole lot and seems complete in that regard. I guess one that's missing is his Revolution costume

Ok I am getting rid of Angel's attack heavy to make it menu_goodbye, it sometimes bugged anyway.  I am using attack_light as menu_action, which will not be lost since I can reference it in the powerstyle.  He will be getting his original skin and some others.  The only prerequesit is that they have to be based on his XML2 skin and Death skins. 

Alrighty, Angel's powers have been updated.  He lost his vortex move, but gained his sword move.  In this boost he uses a sword and gains AR + DMG ratings.  Hummingbird essence deals with speed, dodging and defense now.  He has menu animations, and unique heavy2 (his original attack_light3) and knockback attacks (flaps a wind gust).  For his popup he now takes out his sword and flies up with it pointing up.  He should block with his wings, but the animation doesn't hold, so I set it up so that it may be just his random block he does in the game (hard to test).  I still can't fix where the enemies jump for some of his moves as of yet, but will try more.  I may or may not edit Johnny Storm's Voice since they sound great with him.  So he is moving along nicely.

Angel by Matt710

Note: Thank you nodoubt_jr for supplying the NPC Base, which I used one move he added to the original.
Also thanks to all the skin and model contributers listed.

Angel Mod:

Mostly new abilities
All new icons set
8 Conversation Huds (Including 2 from the game)
7 3d huds (1 from the game)
1 Menu Portrait (hex edited so will never conflict)
11 Skins (2 are existing in XML2)
    +AOA skin (1004) made by Blizz
    +Xtreme skin (1005) made by DarkMythology <not in herostats>
    +X-Factor (1007) and New Archangel <not in herostats> (1006) skins made by myself.
    +Modern Archangel (1046) by shafcrawler
    +Modern Angel (1045) by shafcrawler
    +Original Angel (1020) by iammingy
    +2 New Archangel skins (1055 and 1056) made by Norrin Radd
2 Swords by iammingy

Just drag the folders to the XML2 folder and drop.  For the characterheads package and herostats engb, text files have been provided for you to compile into your game's files.  Please note that you should back up anything before writing over it!!!!  I am not responsible for anything that may happen once you add this, it is your own choice to install.  There are no problems found that would hurt the program or computer when I tested it, so there shouldn't be any problems on your version.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wddnxmyirc9

Note:  Please ignore the character head file.  The line you need to insert is:

model {
   filename = ui/models/characters/1001 ;
   }

By the way, I did fix the jumping problem.  Enemies still might jump, but they cannot evade it since it hits their feet/legs.

just tried it out, he looks really good with menu animations, and now we can hear Prof X say Angel :)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

wow that was fast thank you matt710

Could you post some preview pix?

so does this guy still have only one skeleton?

Yup only one, but has moveset flying like all flyers, which shouldn't be a problem.