BLaw's Mods - Updated Models (2019)

Started by BLaw, April 26, 2012, 04:47AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Marvintage on April 26, 2012, 09:48AM
Boosters

Features
- 1 skin: Cosmic Spider (0902.igb), includes a new hud (hud_head_0902.igb)
- 1 original MUA skin: Symbiote aka the Black Suit (0902.igb renamed to 0951.igb)
- 1 new Boost: Symbiote. Spider-Man suit changes to the Black Suit, granting him more power like in the comics.

Future Update features
- High Quality models to include more detail
- Separate Black suits for each model
- A 5th and 6th costume.

Known Bugs
None yet. Feedback welcome.

nice mod but i have one problem to report (if it can be considered a problem). if i change a skin with another spidey skin (because there are many here on marvel mods), when i use the power to change to symbiote he doesn't change back to that skin but remains in his black suit.

You have to use a hexeditor on that skin and change the internal numbers. Then it'll work.

For example, if you have a hexeditor, open up the skin you want in the game like 090x_spider-man_blacksuit.igb (it's just an example).
Then, hit the search function and search for a line that (MOST LIKELY because most spider-man skins are made on the spider-man model) says 0901 (note that 0901 is another example. It might also be 0902, 0903 or 0904) and change the last number to the skinnumber you want OUT of the game thus to be replaced. And then save the new file.

So if you don't like classic spidey and want it to be let's say, Toxin or something then this happens.

Classic Spidey = 0901
Toxin is toxin.igb but it's internal number is 0902
You hexedit toxin.igb and change the 0902 to 0901 and you save it.

Hexeditors can be downloaded from the internet. Some are freeware hexeditors, they do the job just fine.

Quote from: Marvintage on February 04, 2013, 02:45AM
You have to use a hexeditor on that skin and change the internal numbers. Then it'll work.

For example, if you have a hexeditor, open up the skin you want in the game like 090x_spider-man_blacksuit.igb (it's just an example).
Then, hit the search function and search for a line that (MOST LIKELY because most spider-man skins are made on the spider-man model) says 0901 (note that 0901 is another example. It might also be 0902, 0903 or 0904) and change the last number to the skinnumber you want OUT of the game thus to be replaced. And then save the new file.

So if you don't like classic spidey and want it to be let's say, Toxin or something then this happens.

Classic Spidey = 0901
Toxin is toxin.igb but it's internal number is 0902
You hexedit toxin.igb and change the 0902 to 0901 and you save it.

Hexeditors can be downloaded from the internet. Some are freeware hexeditors, they do the job just fine.
thx very much, i did change the numbers of skins i replaced: for example Mr law's amazing spiderman skin (andrew garfield)  to 0902 and it didnt work, but i didnt not change the internal numbers so thx for that; i will try the hexeditor 

so i used hex editor and changed the skins number but no luck, spiderman still remains in his black suit even after the power has worn off. they may not compatible with the mod or something (i used Blaw's Andrew Garfield skin and many others with high res and some other amazing spiderman skin that was just a remodeled version from the 0901 skin); i have to note that 2099 for instance has no problem and when symbiot power wears off he changes back to 2099.
thanks anyway for your response

Try using the hexeditor again on the skin you want in and look for igActor01Appearance or "090x" and change those to the number. In the first one you only have to change the "igAct" part FOR characters who have the numbers 00 to 09 (as in 09_spiderman). Hope this works.

i did change the 090x with the number i wanted (i did it before your response) and its as i said, he remains in his black suit. as for the igActor01Appearance, there is no such thing (i hit search and it does not exist).
thank anyway for your response

Hmm, likely something simple, but is there any particular reason why Superman wouldn't have any voice? Is it included in xvoice? Or did I just miss something?

Batman works a charm though, amazing, AMAZING mods, my friend!
Let slip the dogs of war!

The latest edition of x_voice has Superman's callout and break, but x_voice doesn't have anything to do with voices once you are playing the game.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on February 14, 2013, 06:44PM
The latest edition of x_voice has Superman's callout and break, but x_voice doesn't have anything to do with voices once you are playing the game.

Say what now? DOES NOT COMPUTE. haha :D

Quote from: Cry Havoc on February 14, 2013, 09:45PM
Say what now? DOES NOT COMPUTE. haha :D

Superman comes with his own voice file, like all characters.

Check that in the program files where you installed MUA, inside the folders:

[MUA files]\sounds\eng\s\p

has the files sprmn_m.zsm and sprmn_v.zss.

If not, reinstall the mod.

If they are and you still aren't getting voices, start a new game.

If that doesn't help, try a therapist. ;)

Quote from: Hyperman360 on February 14, 2013, 11:11PM
Superman comes with his own voice file, like all characters.

Check that in the program files where you installed MUA, inside the folders:

[MUA files]\sounds\eng\s\p

has the files sprmn_m.zsm and sprmn_v.zss.

If not, reinstall the mod.

If they are and you still aren't getting voices, start a new game.

If that doesn't help, try a therapist. ;)

Actually, the sprmn sound files do not overwrite to the correct sound folder by default. I had to go into into the rar contents and copy the s-->p---sprmn (both sound files) to the correct folder.......which is Eng--->s--->p in the game's install path. May want to restructure that rar to do that by default. Else I doubt anyone will be getting sounds out of Supes unless they happen to see this. ;D

It was simply a matter of Eng not being an overwritable folder in the rar contents. No biggie, I assume most people know to check that by now anyway, I just haven't played MUA in so long it hadn't occurred to me is all. haha

Quote from: Cry Havoc on February 14, 2013, 11:24PM
Actually, the sprmn sound files do not overwrite to the correct sound folder by default. I had to go into into the rar contents and copy the s-->p---sprmn (both sound files) to the correct folder.......which is Eng--->s--->p in the game's install path. May want to restructure that rar to do that by default. Else I doubt anyone will be getting sounds out of Supes unless they happen to see this. ;D

It was simply a matter of Eng not being an overwritable folder in the rar contents. No biggie, I assume most people know to check that by now anyway, I just haven't played MUA in so long it hadn't occurred to me is all. haha

Now that you mention it, I think this issue was mentioned earlier in one of Marvintage's release threads. He'll update it eventually, presumably, but I believe he's fairly busy recently.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on February 16, 2013, 02:50AM
Now that you mention it, I think this issue was mentioned earlier in one of Marvintage's release threads. He'll update it eventually, presumably, but I believe he's fairly busy recently.

Totally understandable, life does tend to get in the way occasionally haha.

Anyway, it's only a minor oversight that commonly occurs. At least some folks may find these last few posts helpful until the file is fixed (if it is).

hey marvintage, how's the superboy skin coming along?
"If Clark wanted, he could use his super speed and squish me into the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than the Kryptonite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, Clark's essentially a good person... and deep down, I'm not."  - Batman

Also, just thought I should point out, Superman's Freeze Breath is listed as Fire Damage in the skill description. But I don't believe it does any elemental damage whatsoever, or any that I've been able to discern thus far.