What if? Beenox open world Spider-Man 2099 game

Started by SamaelValentine, April 30, 2012, 04:44PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was just thinking about the emphasis Beenox has put on 2099 in their Spidey games, and it got me thinking that maybe, after the first foray into open world games with Amazing, maybe they will make a 2099 centric game... That would make me unbelievably excited.

A game like that would be a godsend. I never really paid that much attention to the 2099 universe growing up but these last two games have piqued my interest. I would love to see more.

You wha!? Read them! GO OUT AND READ THEM! At least the Spider-Man 2099 series.

have they been released in Omnibus tpbs yet? because there is no way I can hunt down all those individual issues now.

I dunno. As fun as swinging in an open city is those games get old quickly. It's always a "save X number of civilians" between major missions. Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time were great because there weren't any moments where the action slowed down.

Spider-Man 2 was the last great open-world Spidey game.

Well, I have to second that. My most favourite games are usually open-world (sandbox) games, and even though I just love Marvel video games, the more linear ones were more enjoyable (at least to me. Still think to this day, that Shattered Dimensions was one of the very best Marvel video games)

That'd be cool, but I also like the idea of Spider-Man Noir getting his own standalone game, ever since I played Shattered Dimensions.

I agree about the Noir game Hman, though, I think it would end up being a lot like a game recently released about a certain dark avenger. A 2099 game simply seems more likely.

I personally enjoy the open world style, especially with Spidey. Though, yes, there have been some slow parts, but that could be fairly easily remedied. In WOS most of the rescue missions were optional, so the "slow" missions were going and ridding the streets of baddies. Either way, superheroes save people, so I don't see the problem. Personally, I don't much care for these new linear Spider-Man games.

Agreed. The new Spidey game (the movie thing) looks like a good return to open world so far, but I just can't bring myself to like the costume.

Hopefully the new game will have unlockable classic outfits for Spidey

a spiderman 2099 game would be great from shattered dimensions and edge of time 2099 spideys gameplay is GREAT hopefully a solo game for him would have cooler gameplay with unlockable costumes :)

Hey, good idea :D
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html