Tony Stark's Workshop

Started by Tony Stark, May 02, 2012, 03:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: hemlot on June 11, 2012, 11:10PM
Should've guessed by the arc-reactor. And yes, your civilian skins really are something. I'm definetely using the Stark and Parker skins for the characters/mods in XML2. Keep up the good work. It's formidable to have new and talented skinners around (especially if they work with PS2 skins!)

Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad to work in PS2 skins, mainly because the PS2 skinner has so much to it and I don't have to search for offsets (with the odd exception, as we saw).

great tony stark skin!good job.

I might just be a pothole in the road to you big guy, but it's going to be one heck of a deep pothole!

I used the same model for my Jump suit. Mr. F. works great for it.

Great skin!

Wow...Peter Parker and Tony Stark look awesome! :D downloading now.

Thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

Quote from: aventureiromax on June 12, 2012, 05:40AM
Wow...Peter Parker and Tony Stark look awesome! :D downloading now.

Thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:
Quote from: BLaw on June 12, 2012, 02:13AM
I used the same model for my Jump suit. Mr. F. works great for it.

Great skin!
Quote from: Broly- The Legendary Super Saiyan on June 12, 2012, 12:34AM
great tony stark skin!good job.

Thanks everyone! I'll work on an AC Nightwing next! Any ideas for a good base skin?

Tony and Peter do indeed look awesome, I love how you handeled Tony (instead of making him in a business suit)

For Nightwing....perhaps one of the DIY models from Blaw?
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

If it were not for the stupid gun holster, Winter Soldier would be perfect. Human Torch and Mr. Fantastic could have worked if they didn't have their chest logos. You could try using Quicksilver or Banshee from XML2. I think Quicksilver would be the best model, but check the other options.

Quote from: hemlot on June 12, 2012, 11:32AM
If it were not for the stupid gun holster, Winter Soldier would be perfect. Human Torch and Mr. Fantastic could have worked if they didn't have their chest logos. You could try using Quicksilver or Banshee from XML2. I think Quicksilver would be the best model, but check the other options.

In Winter Soldier's case, it's not just the holster, the gun seems to be part of the model too.

You mean the bolton? That's easily hidden with a multipart command. If you mean the gun inside the holster... yeah. Shame.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on June 12, 2012, 11:04AM
Well, the thing is, Aventureiromax did Nightwing on those.

So? Doesn't mean you can't do it :P
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

June 12, 2012, 12:41PM #71 Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:43PM by Hyperman360
Quote from: hemlot on June 12, 2012, 12:03PM
You mean the bolton? That's easily hidden with a multipart command. If you mean the gun inside the holster... yeah. Shame.

The boltons are their own files though, aren't they? The actor file itself wouldn't include it without a link in the herostat or something to the bolton. I replaced the skin on one of the heroes I use now for it, and he had a massive machine gun in his hand. The holster isn't a big deal, that can be a grapnel gun or something. Don't worry, I've already got something lined up now.

Quote from: Polygone on June 12, 2012, 12:23PM
So? Doesn't mean you can't do it :P

Don't worry guys, I think I found a model that'll work well. Just wait, I'll have it done by tomorrow, maybe sooner.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on June 12, 2012, 12:41PM
The boltons are their own files though, aren't they? The actor file itself wouldn't include it without a link in the herostat or something to the bolton. I replaced the skin on one of the heroes I use now for it, and he had a massive machine gun in his hand. The holster isn't a big deal, that can be a grapnel gun or something. Don't worry, I've already got something lined up now.

Don't worry guys, I think I found a model that'll work well. Just wait, I'll have it done by tomorrow, maybe sooner.

Well, I'm glad you figured out a model. But, for future references, there are built-in boltons in some skins. Actually, they are called skin segments. In the case of the Winter Soldier, you just need to add this to his herostat:

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = 11901_gun_segment ;
      }

Skin segments usually include capes and weapons that appear as part of the skin. Like Jarvis' tray, Prof X's wheelchair, Valkyrie's spear, and such.

Quote from: hemlot on June 12, 2012, 01:17PM
Well, I'm glad you figured out a model. But, for future references, there are built-in boltons in some skins. Actually, they are called skin segments. In the case of the Winter Soldier, you just need to add this to his herostat:

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = 11901_gun_segment ;
      }

Skin segments usually include capes and weapons that appear as part of the skin. Like Jarvis' tray, Prof X's wheelchair, Valkyrie's spear, and such.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I'm almost done with Nightwing, by the way. I've just got to add in some of the finer details, like the seams and such.

June 12, 2012, 08:50PM #74 Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 09:00PM by Hyperman360
Here he is, everyone, the eldest son of Bruce Wayne! Nightwing, a.k.a. Dick Grayson, is here to assist his old mentor in taking care of business. Get the skin now, along with the matching HUD, from the main post!