Tony Stark's Workshop

Started by Tony Stark, May 02, 2012, 03:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I prefer PS2 models since they can be used in XML2. But I think you used the right models. No PS2 model would have looked right. And you actually managed to give each skin that distinct something that makes them look as Iron Man and War Machine. Good job.

Hyperman,

Wow... totally amazing Iron Man mods!!  :stark: :warmachine:

I know you probably have a lot of requests, but I'm a big Iron Man fan, especially the movie versions of his armors. I was wondering if you could use the MUA2 model of Iron Man to kind of make some skins that resemble some Iron Man armors I think would look sweet in MUA.

My first request is for a version of the Ultimate armor, but from the Iron Man 2 Hasbro figure line #18 - Ultimate Armor (pictured below). Basically they used the Mark IV armor from the movie and designed it to mimic the appearance of the Ultimate Iron Man armor. I think its sweet!

The second is a version of a custom of the Iron Patriot armor done from a Mark VI statue. I think this would also look awesome in-game!

Just let me know what you think, but awesome skins! Keep up the great work!!  :spidergirl:

June 26, 2012, 03:18PM #182 Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 03:36PM by Hyperman360
Quote from: hemlot on June 26, 2012, 11:41AM
I prefer PS2 models since they can be used in XML2. But I think you used the right models. No PS2 model would have looked right. And you actually managed to give each skin that distinct something that makes them look as Iron Man and War Machine. Good job.

Thank you, hemlot! Sorry I couldn't give you XML2-compatible models for those. :(

Quote from: CmdrRiker1701D on June 26, 2012, 01:16PM
Hyperman,

Wow... totally amazing Iron Man mods!!  :stark: :warmachine:

I know you probably have a lot of requests, but I'm a big Iron Man fan, especially the movie versions of his armors. I was wondering if you could use the MUA2 model of Iron Man to kind of make some skins that resemble some Iron Man armors I think would look sweet in MUA.

My first request is for a version of the Ultimate armor, but from the Iron Man 2 Hasbro figure line #18 - Ultimate Armor (pictured below). Basically they used the Mark IV armor from the movie and designed it to mimic the appearance of the Ultimate Iron Man armor. I think its sweet!

The second is a version of a custom of the Iron Patriot armor done from a Mark VI statue. I think this would also look awesome in-game!

Just let me know what you think, but awesome skins! Keep up the great work!!  :spidergirl:

Thanks! The movie versions of the armors are my favorite too! I also liked the Bleeding Edge armor he's got in the comics now; it's like the movies too.

I'm thinking about doing what I can to make the MUA2 model look like a couple of the movie armors. They have a lot of detail to them, so it could take some time. I've also got some Green Lantern skins I'm planning to make, so it could be a while until I can get to that. Once I finish my planned Iron Man skins, I'll see about making your requests, so keep checking back! By the way, what'd you think of the jumpsuit Tony? I based that on how he looks in the game based on Iron Man 2.

Plans for Iron Man Movie armors:
Mark I: not unless I can find a sufficiently large and crazy model that looks like it.
Mark II: Definitely.
Mark III or IV: one of these 2.
Mark V: Probably.
Mark VI: Probably.
Mark VII: Possibly.

I'll see about the movie-based Ultimate and Iron Patriot. I think Iron Patriot's more likely, because the Ultimate just looks kind of dull.

I put info on possible skins in the main post along with current and definite future skins.

June 26, 2012, 07:02PM #183 Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 09:50AM by Hyperman360
Okay, so here goes:

(Credits to aventureiromax for the skin I used as a base and BLaw for the DIY model they were on.)

First off, I recolored aventureiromax's movie and classic Hal Jordan Green Lantern skins to make them brighter:

Second, I made skins for Hal Jordan as an Indigo Lantern and a Star Sapphire. I couldn't find any costume designs from the comics that weren't ridiculous, so I made my own.

You can grab all of these from the main post. I didn't make HUDs specially for these; I'd prefer you use my symbolic HUD pack (also on the main post).

Do remember that these are all PC models.

Wow, great work on the GL and Iron Tron skins!

Quote from: Hyperman360 on June 26, 2012, 07:02PM
Okay, so here goes:

First off, I recolored aventureiromax's movie and classic Hal Jordan Green Lantern skins to make them brighter:

Second, I made skins for Hal Jordan as an Indigo Lantern and a Star Sapphire. I couldn't find any costume designs from the comics that weren't ridiculous, so I made my own.

You can grab all of these from the main post. I didn't make HUDs specially for these; I'd prefer you use my symbolic HUD pack (also on the main post).
have you asked aventureiromax's permission?great skin!great job.

I might just be a pothole in the road to you big guy, but it's going to be one heck of a deep pothole!

I just saw your workbench list. Some pretty good stuff there. The Amazing Steve Colbert? I'm ABSOLUTELY intrigued.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on June 26, 2012, 07:02PM
Okay, so here goes:

In the rules of this forum, should not be used the same texture of a skin made ​​by another skinner, without your permission.

Even with the permission of the skinner, the credits must be kept on the download page  :thumbsup:.

As I had no time to make an Indigo and Sapphire, and I liked their skins, you have my permission in this case.

But it's always good to ask before :thumbsup:. BTW good work.
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

Quote from: Hyperman360 on June 26, 2012, 03:18PM
Thanks! The movie versions of the armors are my favorite too! I also liked the Bleeding Edge armor he's got in the comics now; it's like the movies too.

I'm thinking about doing what I can to make the MUA2 model look like a couple of the movie armors. They have a lot of detail to them, so it could take some time. I've also got some Green Lantern skins I'm planning to make, so it could be a while until I can get to that. Once I finish my planned Iron Man skins, I'll see about making your requests, so keep checking back! By the way, what'd you think of the jumpsuit Tony? I based that on how he looks in the game based on Iron Man 2.

Plans for Iron Man Movie armors:
Mark I: not unless I can find a sufficiently large and crazy model that looks like it.
Mark II: Definitely.
Mark III or IV: one of these 2.
Mark V: Probably.
Mark VI: Probably.
Mark VII: Possibly.

I'll see about the movie-based Ultimate and Iron Patriot. I think Iron Patriot's more likely, because the Ultimate just looks kind of dull.

I put info on possible skins in the main post along with current and definite future skins.

Very cool, Hyperman! I know you have a lot of requests, so take your time. But I think you should change the Mark VI and Mark VII from "probably" to "Definitely"! At first I didn't think I'd like the Mark VII armor, but now its my favorite out of all the Iron Man movie armors!

I'll keep my eyes peeled to see what you come up with next!

June 27, 2012, 09:49AM #189 Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 01:24PM by Hyperman360
Quote from: anonymouspunk89 on June 26, 2012, 08:25PM
Wow, great work on the GL and Iron Tron skins!

Thanks!

Quote from: Broly- The Legendary Super Saiyan on June 26, 2012, 09:56PM
have you asked aventureiromax's permission?great skin!great job.

I thought I did...

Quote from: hemlot on June 26, 2012, 11:10PM
I just saw your workbench list. Some pretty good stuff there. The Amazing Steve Colbert? I'm ABSOLUTELY intrigued.

Yep! I just need a way to give him his glasses and then I can make it.

Quote from: aventureiromax on June 27, 2012, 06:56AM
In the rules of this forum, should not be used the same texture of a skin made ​​by another skinner, without your permission.

Even with the permission of the skinner, the credits must be kept on the download page  :thumbsup:.

As I had no time to make an Indigo and Sapphire, and I liked their skins, you have my permission in this case.

But it's always good to ask before :thumbsup:. BTW good work.

Aventureiromax, I thought I did ask you. You even sent me the offsets, remember? Sorry if you didn't give me permission for it. Also, the credits are there, but all in the post right below, to keep everything organized. I apologize for any confusion, but thank you for the compliments.

Quote from: CmdrRiker1701D on June 27, 2012, 07:52AM
Very cool, Hyperman! I know you have a lot of requests, so take your time. But I think you should change the Mark VI and Mark VII from "probably" to "Definitely"! At first I didn't think I'd like the Mark VII armor, but now its my favorite out of all the Iron Man movie armors!

I'll keep my eyes peeled to see what you come up with next!

I'll probably do them all if I have time (except Mark I, because it requires a bulkier model). My family loves taking trips to random places, but I don't; unfortunately this means I have less time to work on these than I'd like.

Message sent to PM. Don't worry :D, be happy lol :thumbsup:
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

June 28, 2012, 11:25AM #191 Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:50AM by Hyperman360
Here's the first two skins I've made based on Iron Man's movie armors, as requested by CmdrRiker1701D!

(Credits to BLaw for the MUA2 base model.)

First, here's the Mark III armor based on the films!

Next, here's the Mark II armor!

These are both PC models. You can grab both with HUDs from the main posts!

Aside from the face*, they are awesome. Good job!

*the face seems to me to resemble that of a monkey... maybe it's just me.

Quote from: Achilles1986 on June 28, 2012, 12:42PM
Aside from the face*, they are awesome. Good job!

*the face seems to me to resemble that of a monkey... maybe it's just me.

Thanks. You have a point, but the face on the model itself is a bit too long, that's why it looks that way. If you look at the HUDs, they look a little like that too, but they only don't make you think of a monkey when you see them because they have a shorter face.

So can you make the face less long? :) (or make the jaw wider?)

Also, what shape is the arc reactor in his chest? From what I see in these pics it kind of seems to be diamond-shaped... and it's supposed to be round, I think.