Tony Stark's Workshop

Started by Tony Stark, May 02, 2012, 03:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Wow! Your Web of Spiderman skins keeps growing! Keep it up and you could one day be one of the Ultimate skinners :D

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 06, 2012, 08:46AM
Thanks man! I'm just sorry it couldn't be a PS2 model.

Thanks! (Let's face it you're working with limited material here, haha.)

Don't worry about the model. I know the PS2 models are limited, and there are many custom meshes and models that give you WAAAY more skinning posibilities. It would be selfish to expect you to work ONLY on PS2 models when you'd be very much limited. Don't beat your head over it, just keep doing your stuff. You're among the best there is at what you do, and what you do is very nice.

And I don't think we're running on such limited material, Spidey has been featured in a ridiculous amount of comics. There's still the Marvel Team-Up, in which Spidey joined forces with other heroes. (That one would definetely go for the Hackathon).

I lol'd with DeeDooo's witty use of the material.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on June 30, 2012, 08:29PM
Thanks! And no problem, I'd been thinking about doing at least one movie armor anyway! I'll see about War Machine once I get back home. I still want to finish Mark 4 & 6 first.

Sweet, no problem... with skins this awesome, I can be patient!  :stark: I like the Ends of the Earth Armor for Spider-Man as well... spectacular job!  :spiderman:

Can't wait to dish out some pain in the Mark VI armor!

July 06, 2012, 12:14PM #228 Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:27PM by anonymouspunk89
Quote from: DeeDooo on July 06, 2012, 08:49AM
Wow! Your Web of Spiderman skins keeps growing! Keep it up and you could one day be one of the Ultimate skinners :D
Aw nuts, I should have thought of that. Good one man.

btw Hyper, if you ever get the chance and or you ever want to. How about taking a crack at the Bleeding Edge Iron Man suit?
here are some pics if you're ever interested.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/38888/1087764-10844storystory_full_2797591__super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/14493/1370448-1272930853_super.jpg

Quote from: anonymouspunk89 on July 06, 2012, 12:14PM
btw Hyper, if you ever get the chance and or you ever want to. How about taking a crack at the Bleeding Edge Iron Man suit?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/38888/1087764-10844storystory_full_2797591__super.jpg

Yeah anonymouspunk, I like that armor as well.. I think Hyper can do it justice!  :stark:

Quote from: DeeDooo on July 06, 2012, 08:49AM

Haha! I like that one (though I have to admit I don't much like the Ultimate series anymore). And when you wrote skinners, for a second I thought it said spinners (like web-shooters!).

Quote from: hemlot on July 06, 2012, 10:13AM
Don't worry about the model. I know the PS2 models are limited, and there are many custom meshes and models that give you WAAAY more skinning posibilities. It would be selfish to expect you to work ONLY on PS2 models when you'd be very much limited. Don't beat your head over it, just keep doing your stuff. You're among the best there is at what you do, and what you do is very nice.

And I don't think we're running on such limited material, Spidey has been featured in a ridiculous amount of comics. There's still the Marvel Team-Up, in which Spidey joined forces with other heroes. (That one would definetely go for the Hackathon).

I lol'd with DeeDooo's witty use of the material.

Thanks. As for what's left, you make a good point, there is an abundance of them, but most aren't as well known.

Quote from: CmdrRiker1701D on July 06, 2012, 10:57AM
Sweet, no problem... with skins this awesome, I can be patient!  :stark: I like the Ends of the Earth Armor for Spider-Man as well... spectacular job!  :spiderman:

Can't wait to dish out some pain in the Mark VI armor!
Quote from: anonymouspunk89 on July 06, 2012, 12:14PM
Aw nuts, I should have thought of that. Good one man.

Quote from: CmdrRiker1701D on July 06, 2012, 12:44PM
Yeah anonymouspunk, I like that armor as well.. I think Hyper can do it justice!  :stark:

Thank you guys! What's left is 1, 5, 7, WM, and that custom Iron Patriot. Unless I can find a good base, I'll skip 1. 5 (if you don't already know) is that briefcase portable armor that was red and silver. I'll probably concentrate on War Machine next though. I have to mention though, there's a bunch of text labels on the War Machine armor in the movie, so I can't include those. (They'll get flipped on one of the sides.)

I'll put Bleeding Edge into the possible ideas section, but I'm thinking I'll do a movie-style Bleeding Edge if I do it. (Although, it's already pretty close to that anyway.)

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 06, 2012, 01:07PM
Haha! I like that one (though I have to admit I don't much like the Ultimate series anymore). And when you wrote skinners, for a second I thought it said spinners (like web-shooters!).

Thanks. As for what's left, you make a good point, there is an abundance of them, but most aren't as well known.

Thank you guys! What's left is 1, 5, 7, WM, and that custom Iron Patriot. Unless I can find a good base, I'll skip 1. 5 (if you don't already know) is that briefcase portable armor that was red and silver. I'll probably concentrate on War Machine next though. I have to mention though, there's a bunch of text labels on the War Machine armor in the movie, so I can't include those. (They'll get flipped on one of the sides.)

I'll put Bleeding Edge into the possible ideas section, but I'm thinking I'll do a movie-style Bleeding Edge if I do it. (Although, it's already pretty close to that anyway.)
Ooh cool, a movie style Bleeding Edge! That'd be epic sauce.

Quote from: anonymouspunk89 on July 06, 2012, 04:44PM
Ooh cool, a movie style Bleeding Edge! That'd be epic sauce.

Thanks! It's already pretty close to the movies though.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 07, 2012, 12:29PM
Thanks! It's already pretty close to the movies though.
I know, still totally excited.

July 07, 2012, 07:05PM #234 Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:27PM by Hyperman360
Quote from: anonymouspunk89 on July 07, 2012, 02:55PM
I know, still totally excited.

Well get even more excited, because I'm finally releasing the much anticipated... (drumroll please)...

MOVIE-BASED WAR MACHINE ARMOR!

Here it is, Rhodey's upgraded Mark II platform. The skin and HUD are available on the main posts!

That looks great! Really professional job :]

Quote from: DeeDooo on July 07, 2012, 08:34PM
That looks great! Really professional job :]

Thanks! :D Hey, is there a way to put a blaster (like as a bolton) on the top of the wrists?

What kind of bolton? do you have a model in mind?

Like a blaster or a big gun. Maybe this picture will show you what I mean.

You see the big blaster gun on the back of his wrists? I want to put that on the character to make it a little closer to the movie.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 05, 2012, 10:22PM

What model did you use here? Cause it looks very robotic to me :naughty: So, guess what I'm gonna say now? ;)  Riiight: wouldn't this model work better for Iron Man instead of that monkey-looking one?  Pretty pleeease :D

Also, great idea with the blaster bolton on top of the wrists. I thought about it myself (from the first time I saw those Anti-Personnel Rockets he has.. I said to myself "it would've been better if the rockets came from a blaster-thingy on his hands, like in the Iron Man1 movie) and wanted to make a request, but I kept forgetting.