Tony Stark's Workshop

Started by Tony Stark, May 02, 2012, 03:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Achilles1986 on July 07, 2012, 09:53PM
What model did you use here? Cause it looks very robotic to me :naughty: So, guess what I'm gonna say now? ;)  Riiight: wouldn't this model work better for Iron Man instead of that monkey-looking one?  Pretty pleeease :D

Also, great idea with the blaster bolton on top of the wrists. I thought about it myself (from the first time I saw those Anti-Personnel Rockets he has.. I said to myself "it would've been better if the rockets came from a blaster-thingy on his hands, like in the Iron Man1 movie) and wanted to make a request, but I kept forgetting.
That's the same one as the Iron Man skins. You really should stop complaining about that... it's not like you even look at the face much in gameplay and you come across as rather disrespectful. Having an opinion is fine, just don't overdo it.

Quote from: DeeDooo on July 07, 2012, 10:02PM
you come across as rather disrespectful. Having an opinion is fine, just don't overdo it.

Why do you consider it to be disrespectful? It's not Hyperman's fault that the model is less adequate. His (Hyperman's) skining abilities are top notch.
Anyway, I'm sorry if you (Hyperman) also felt the same way about what I said. I was only trying to make it better.. but if you say I'm trying to hard, then I'll stop.

What model did you use here? Cause it looks very robotic to me :naughty: So, guess what I'm gonna say now? ;)  Riiight: wouldn't this model work better for Iron Man instead of that monkey-looking one?  Pretty pleeease :D

Actually, THAT's the "monkey-looking one", which is just fine, and Hyperman puts to good use.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 07, 2012, 08:54PM
You see the big blaster gun on the back of his wrists? I want to put that on the character to make it a little closer to the movie.

Like the one on his Warmachine skin in MUA? There are also some models in XML2 that have the similar blaster-wrist-guns. I'm not quite sure how to make custom boltons, but some of the other modders around could give some insight.

And VERY NICE Warmachine skin. Nice use of the rocker launcher and gun boltons. (They are boltons, right?). Now THAT's a real War Machine.

:warmachine:

July 08, 2012, 10:19AM #243 Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:33AM by Hyperman360

Also, great idea with the blaster bolton on top of the wrists. I thought about it myself (from the first time I saw those Anti-Personnel Rockets he has.. I said to myself "it would've been better if the rockets came from a blaster-thingy on his hands, like in the Iron Man1 movie) and wanted to make a request, but I kept forgetting.
Quote from: Achilles1986 on July 07, 2012, 10:13PM
Why do you consider it to be disrespectful? It's not Hyperman's fault that the model is less adequate. His (Hyperman's) skining abilities are top notch.
Anyway, I'm sorry if you (Hyperman) also felt the same way about what I said. I was only trying to make it better.. but if you say I'm trying to hard, then I'll stop.

Yeah, that is the same model I used for Iron Man. Thanks, and I understand you'd like to see improvements. It's like I said though, there just isn't a better model available. And it's okay if you have comments, I would just suggest you word them a little differently.

Quote from: DeeDooo on July 07, 2012, 10:02PM
That's the same one as the Iron Man skins. You really should stop complaining about that... it's not like you even look at the face much in gameplay and you come across as rather disrespectful. Having an opinion is fine, just don't overdo it.

Thanks DeeDooo; it's okay; I don't mind too much, I understand that he has comments, I think he just needs to phrase them better.

Quote from: hemlot on July 07, 2012, 10:18PM
Like the one on his Warmachine skin in MUA? There are also some models in XML2 that have the similar blaster-wrist-guns. I'm not quite sure how to make custom boltons, but some of the other modders around could give some insight.

And VERY NICE Warmachine skin. Nice use of the rocker launcher and gun boltons. (They are boltons, right?). Now THAT's a real War Machine.

:warmachine:

Thanks man! The boltons on his back are already on the War Machine mod (I tested the skin on the War Machine mod, not on Iron Man); I didn't actually add those, but they work well! But yeah, the wrists are pretty much the ones you're talking about. I really don't know much about working with boltons though. I basically need boltons for the left and right hands and the code to add it into the herostat.

EDIT: I figured out exactly how to add them; I just need the bolton for the left and right hand itself now. I tried a rocket launcher iammingy had, but it's too long.

On that note, funny thing; I don't know if you guys remember that the Mark I armor in the original Iron Man had a flamethrower on the back of the wrist of the right arm? While I was testing out the War Machine armor, I noticed that the War Machine mod has a flamethrower power. If I could find a way to make a movie-based Mark I armor, it would actually fit more perfectly with the War Machine mod, because Iron Man doesn't have the flamethrower.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 07, 2012, 07:05PM
Well get even more excited, because I'm finally releasing the much anticipated... (drumroll please)...

MOVIE-BASED WAR MACHINE ARMOR!

Here it is, Rhodey's upgraded Mark II platform. The skin and HUD are available on the main posts!

Aw yeah! This is awesome (especially with the minigun and missile pack on him) he looks so powerful, one might even say......invincible? (Not my best joke but it'll do.)
Great job :warmachine:

Quote from: anonymouspunk89 on July 08, 2012, 12:36PM
Aw yeah! This is awesome (especially with the minigun and missile pack on him) he looks so powerful, one might even say......invincible? (Not my best joke but it'll do.)
Great job :warmachine:

Hey, it fits perfectly. :) Thanks, Anon!

July 08, 2012, 01:15PM #246 Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 06:12PM by Hyperman360
So I think for now, what I'm going to do is provide a link to iammingy's boltons so you can just get the rocket launcher bolton pair and then I'll post the code for the herostat until I can get a custom set.

So iammingy has a nice pair of rocket launchers that can be attached to the wrists, but they're longer than what I need. They still work okay though, so here's what you should do if you want them:

1. Go to this link and download iammingy's bolton set marked "Rocket Launchers (futuristic)": http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,435.msg7577.html#msg7577

2. Go to the folder with the Program Files for Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Go to the models folder and open the weapons folder. (For example, mine is at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\models\weapons".) Extract the files and copy the igb files into this folder.

3. Put this in your herostat in the section for War Machine:
      BoltOn {
      bolt = Bip01 L Forearm ;
      model = models/weapons/rocket_launcher_R ;
      slot = ebolton_autoanim ;
      }

BoltOn {
      bolt = Bip01 R Forearm ;
      model = models/weapons/rocket_launcher_L ;
      slot = ebolton_autoanim2 ;
      }

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 08, 2012, 10:19AM
Yeah, that is the same model I used for Iron Man.

Ok, maybe you happened to catch him in different poses.. I don't know.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 08, 2012, 10:19AMthere just isn't a better model available.

*Warning, very noob questions about to come -> How does one obtain a model? Isn't it possible to make a new one from scratch? Or is it possible but it's too hard / time-consuming?
Also the same kind of question goes for the "wrist blaster models" - you said they were too big.. so, isn't there a way to resize them? Once again, please excuse the noob.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 08, 2012, 12:39PM
Hey, it fits perfectly. :) Thanks, Anon!
You're very welcome, keep up the good work!

Quote from: Achilles1986 on July 08, 2012, 04:11PM
Ok, maybe you happened to catch him in different poses.. I don't know.

*Warning, very noob questions about to come -> How does one obtain a model? Isn't it possible to make a new one from scratch? Or is it possible but it's too hard / time-consuming?
Also the same kind of question goes for the "wrist blaster models" - you said they were too big.. so, isn't there a way to resize them? Once again, please excuse the noob.

Don't worry, I understand. It's completely possible; people do it occasionally. The models are part of the igb file that contains the skin; most were initially from the game itself. The one I've been using was converted by BLaw from the Wii version of MUA2. There's even a tutorial for it, but the thing is it's incredibly time-consuming to do something like that. Working on the models themselves is also called "meshing".

Here's links to the tutorials for more info: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7.0.html and http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,108.0.html

Made and added HUDs for Mark I, V, and VII of Iron Man to the main posts to complete the set. I haven't made the skins to go with them yet, but I will at some point. (Except maybe 1 because I'm not sure if there's any good models available.)

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 08, 2012, 09:52PM
Made and added HUDs for Mark I, V, and VII of Iron Man to the main posts to complete the set. I haven't made the skins to go with them yet, but I will at some point. (Except maybe 1 because I'm not sure if there's any good models available.)
What about the Crimson Dynamo model? I know it's not an exact match, but it has the body style you need (I think anyway.)

Quote from: anonymouspunk89 on July 09, 2012, 07:29AM
What about the Crimson Dynamo model? I know it's not an exact match, but it has the body style you need (I think anyway.)

Quite personally, I don't think it would work very good... Crimson Dynamo is perfect for the World War Hulk Hulkbuster armor. I think one of the closest models for Mark I (the comic book version, at least), is Doomsman.

(The first one)

It's relatively bulky and has an... um... thing in the chest, which could work as the arc reactor. The ears would make it look a little off, but it's just a small detail which could be bypassed with the proper texture, I think. Like making the ears look like an extension of a mouth piece, or whatever.

Of course, the comic version lacks a lot of detail. The movie Mark I actually looks built up with hundreds of pieces. There is no appropriate model for that in MUA. Maybe in XML2 one of the Infinites might work. Gotta check.

Quote from: anonymouspunk89 on July 09, 2012, 07:29AM
Quote from: hemlot on July 09, 2012, 09:36AM
Quite personally, I don't think it would work very good... Crimson Dynamo is perfect for the World War Hulk Hulkbuster armor. I think one of the closest models for Mark I (the comic book version, at least), is Doomsman.

(The first one)

It's relatively bulky and has an... um... thing in the chest, which could work as the arc reactor. The ears would make it look a little off, but it's just a small detail which could be bypassed with the proper texture, I think. Like making the ears look like an extension of a mouth piece, or whatever.

Of course, the comic version lacks a lot of detail. The movie Mark I actually looks built up with hundreds of pieces. There is no appropriate model for that in MUA. Maybe in XML2 one of the Infinites might work. Gotta check.

The movie version's the one I want to make. I think Crimson Dynamo would work okay for that, actually.

July 09, 2012, 01:48PM #254 Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 06:28PM by Hyperman360
I've created a TRON-style team management screen, to go with my TRON-Style skins. Instructions are below the image. Download it from the main posts!

Instructions:

1. Go to your Marvel Ultimate Alliance folder in the Program Files. Open the ui folder and open the models folder in it. (For example, mine is located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\ui\models".)

2. Find the file called "m_team_stage.igb" and make a backup of it (just rename it to something like "m_team_stage_backup.igb".)

3. Download my TRON-Style Team Management Screen file. Do not rename it, it should be named "m_team_stage.igb".

4. Place my version of the file in the models folder you opened in step 1.

5. Open up the game, and go to swap out characters.

6. Profit.