Tony Stark's Workshop

Started by Tony Stark, May 02, 2012, 03:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Hyperman360 on August 18, 2012, 07:45PM
Here's the one you've all been waiting for! THE AVENGERS MOVIE NICK FURY! Get him in the SHIELD Agents section on the main posts with a HUD! This one's a bit different, as it's multiple files in a zip folder, but don't worry, once you unzip it, instructions are included in a txt file. And as a bonus, the model used is a PS2 model!

O.O Very nice! definitely downloading! Thanks for uploading.
ℜ£Ðƒ∫ÂΜ∑115

Quote from: Hyperman360 on August 18, 2012, 07:45PM
Here's the one you've all been waiting for! THE AVENGERS MOVIE NICK FURY! Get him in the SHIELD Agents section on the main posts with a HUD! This one's a bit different, as it's multiple files in a zip folder, but don't worry, once you unzip it, instructions are included in a txt file. And as a bonus, the model used is a PS2 model!

Sweet, Nick looks like a total badass. I gotta ask though, what did you use for the flowy (not sure if it's a word but, meh whatever.) part of the coat?

Quote from: anonymouspunk89 on August 19, 2012, 08:49PM
Sweet, Nick looks like a total badass. I gotta ask though, what did you use for the flowy (not sure if it's a word but, meh whatever.) part of the coat?

:D It's just the Magneto XML1 cape that's been floating around here. I colored it black and bolted it to the pelvis.

August 19, 2012, 10:32PM #439 Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 11:43PM by Hyperman360
Feeling adventurous? How about bored? Both? Good. Then this is the perfect time to download my Avengers movie Nick Fury Playable and NPC pack! This will allow you to not only play as Nick Fury as he appears in the Avengers films, but also see him as an NPC everywhere! It's not perfect, since he doesn't have special icons, and he doesn't have Samuel L. Jackson's voice, but it's still a great mod! Remember not to rename any files included. And yes, it's another zip file, instructions included. Grab it on the main posts, INSTEAD of the standalone skin. Here's a preview image:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what's so great about this skin.

He's supposed to have a jacket, not a cape.. and hanging like that - halfway down his back - is really silly. Plus, it's way too long.

Now don't get me wrong (again!) ... you've probably done the best that can be done; I'm sure you would've done it better if it were possible. So I'm not criticising your actual work (you've done a good job on that cape)  .. I'm just saying that even with the best work put into it, it doesn't look right.

August 21, 2012, 08:55AM #441 Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:58AM by BLaw
And who says that he's able to make a custom mesh or a bolton yet?

Sorry but it is some sort of critizism for saying it. It can look silly in a funny way, but for being a SKINNER with a creative idea to have an actual NICK FURY model with a CAPE per say as part of the jacket is what is making this a great skin.

If he had made this skin on a JACKETED model with NO EYE PATCH and HAIR, would you have said the same thing? Since it would have no eye patch (which is THE trademark of Fury)

You're right about one thing, he did the best he could - AS A SKINNER. If he knew how to properly adjust the cape WITH 3DS MAX I think he would've done it by now. Bet he'd even turn that skin into a custom mesh with the jacket actually attached to it.

Sometimes things aren't as simple as any downloader here thinks when it comes to creating stuff. It requires skill, too.

Also don't take this the wrong way, I appreciate the way you've put it in a nice way instead of going "omfg this sucks babybutts etc" like the majority of online people do nowadays. But I hope you understand why he made the skin the way it's made now.

@ Hyperman - Could you also make a short jacket version of that skin? (I am unable to play at the moment but maybe others would love it)

@BLaw:
Thanks for the compliment. And sure, I'd be glad to make that skin!

@Achilles1986:
Yes, I understand that it's not perfect. It occurred to me while I was making it. The cape is supposed to be an extension for the lower part of the jacket (the trenchcoat look). However, I don't know anything about meshing and such, as BLaw said, so I can't give you a perfect rendition of the movie's Fury; this is the best I can do. If I tried to make it any better by meshing, it would lose XML2 compatibility anyway, and I try to keep my skins XML2-compatible whenever possible. But thanks for the feedback and the compliment.

In other news, I'm thinking to do a Robin mod, to go alongside BLaw's Batman. Thoughts? I'm planning to ask iammingy for permission to use his cape glide mod for Moon Knight. I may also do separate mods for Nightwing and Red Hood, but that's something I'll think about later.

Use Moon Knoghts moon disc things for like the shurikens! And maybe his stick to use for some too!

Quote from: Me on August 21, 2012, 02:10PM
Use Moon Knoghts moon disc things for like the shurikens! And maybe his stick to use for some too!

That's the plan!

Quote from: BLaw on August 21, 2012, 08:55AM
it is some sort of critizism for saying it.

Criticism is the way to improvement. If everyone is content with just giving praises, then there will (most likely) not be any improvements.
That is the reason I decided to make the post I made, even knowing it would not be well received (I'm actually surprised I got only 1 "-" ). It was especially midnightphoenix's comment that had me going.

I am well aware of everything you said, Blaw, cause we already had this discussion a while ago. So I guess I'll repeat myself: Hyperman's skinning is top notch. But it is incomplete without meshing... the "whole package" / the character is not good enough. That's why midnightphoenix's comment was too much for me.

PS: don't tell Hyperman, but I'm actually hoping that this way he will consider learning meshing, which would be a great benefit for the whole MUA community. If he does that, then his characters will truly be flawless masterpieces, I'm sure. (and he will thank me for that)

August 21, 2012, 02:49PM #446 Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 06:42PM by Hyperman360
Love the Avengers Nick Fury but dislike the jacket? Just don't want to be bothered with a bolton? No problem; there's a version of Fury with a short jacket! (I was too lazy to post screenshots, but it just makes it look like a normal jacket.) The skin is on the main posts.

Quote from: Achilles1986 on August 21, 2012, 02:42PM
Criticism is the way to improvement. If everyone is content with just giving praises, then there will (most likely) not be any improvements.
That is the reason I decided to make the post I made, even knowing it would not be well received (I'm actually surprised I got only 1 "-" ). It was especially midnightphoenix's comment that had me going.

I am well aware of everything you said, Blaw, cause we already had this discussion a while ago. So I guess I'll repeat myself: Hyperman's skinning is top notch. But it is incomplete without meshing... the "whole package" / the character is not good enough. That's why midnightphoenix's comment was too much for me.

PS: don't tell Hyperman, but I'm actually hoping that this way he will consider learning meshing, which would be a great benefit for the whole MUA community. If he does that, then his characters will truly be flawless masterpieces, I'm sure. (and he will thank me for that)

Believe me, criticism is important. You just need to find a way to make it sound more like a suggestion that whining. Like lead in with a compliment. Point out the flaws, but say what you like first. Like "Great work on the skin! One thing though, the cape looks strange. You did a good job on it, but it just looks odd hanging from the back like that. Is it possible for you to do anything about that?" You see what I mean?

And as for the meshing, I would, but there's 2 things preventing me:
1. Time. I just don't have that kind of time to learn meshing and then to actually try to do it. My vacation is just about over, and I have a lot of work to do to get ready for university. Then there's university itself. I may try to pick up meshing next summer, but no promises.

2. XML2 compatibility. I use PS2 models, which can't be meshed, when possible because I prefer that people who play XML2 be able to use them too.

August 21, 2012, 05:42PM #448 Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:44PM by midnightphoenix123
Quote from: Achilles1986 on August 21, 2012, 02:42PM

To tell you the truth, I do really think this is a great skin. It is extremely detailed, very well made. Flawless in fact. Because I think this skin is great, and because you don't, doesn't mean you need to make me seem like the problem, I'm not trying to start an argument just telling the truth in a calm way. I love it, and meshing is extremely difficult and if you want it done the way you want it done, do it yourself, and if you don't like it don't complain. The way you talk "it is incomplete without meshing.." makes you think that meshing is a walk in the park. His skins are flawless masterpieces. And not everything can be picture perfect in a way that you see fit. Again just being calm, i'm not angry, not trying to start a fight.

And please excuse me Hyperman for posting this if it is a problem, or anything just let me know :)

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on August 21, 2012, 05:42PM
To tell you the truth, I do really think this is a great skin. It is extremely detailed, very well made. Flawless in fact. Because I think this skin is great, and because you don't, doesn't mean you need to make me seem like the problem, I'm not trying to start an argument just telling the truth in a calm way. I love it, and meshing is extremely difficult and if you want it done the way you want it done, do it yourself, and if you don't like it don't complain. The way you talk "it is incomplete without meshing.." makes you think that meshing is a walk in the park. His skins are flawless masterpieces. And not everything can be picture perfect in a way that you see fit. Again just being calm, i'm not angry, not trying to start a fight.

And please excuse me Hyperman for posting this if it is a problem, or anything just let me know :)

No problem at all! I really appreciate the compliments!