Author Topic: Marvel Girl and Pete Wisdom mods released (V2.0)  (Read 18764 times)

Offline boreman

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes: 1
  • Irredeemable
    • Oscar Gallo Presenta...
Marvel Girl and Pete Wisdom mods released (V2.0)
« on: July 20, 2007, 12:54pm »
Marvel Girl

Includes:

- 4 skins: MG, Starjammer, Hound and Phoenix.
- Powerset based on Phoenix from the Quad-mod, but trying to make her as different from Jean as possible. 5 powers, 2 defensive boosts, costume passives and xtreme. All effects are recolored.

Needs:
- Mannequin.

http://www.box.net/shared/fn7ueymixx

Suggestions and comments are welcome.

--------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE (8/2/07): Version 1.1 now including icons and HUDs. Manny coming soon. Deleted link to version 1.0.

Now she uses slot 125xx to avoid conflict with Jean Grey/Phoenix.

UDPATE (8/5/07): The Xtreme was making 0 damage, here is the fix http://www.box.net/shared/utgql06ri7
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 02:36pm by boreman »

Offline boreman

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
  • Irredeemable
Re: Marvel Girl and Pete Wisdom mods released (V1.0)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 05:51pm »
Pete Wisdom

http://www.box.net/shared/aim3o8xluo

Includes:

- 4 skins: MI-13, House of M (diplomatic suit), Classic (long coat) and Street Gear (w/sunglasses).
- Powerset based on Black Panther and Deadpool, with some energy deficiencies fixed, effects added and fire/heat based. 5 powers, 2 defensive boosts, costume passives and xtreme.
- Uses Lab-tech male slot (74xx).

Needs:
- Mannequin.

--------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE (8/2/07): Version 1.1 now including icons and HUDs. Manny coming soon. Deleted link to version 1.0.
UPDATE (8/10/07): Fix for the Hot Knives power (spread arc instead of single row) http://www.box.net/shared/4lcgiofgks
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 06:23pm by boreman »

Offline darkmythology

• Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 08:36pm »
I certainly don't mind at all, since you gave the infamous "quad-mod" credit as a base, but I actually find it really funny that there have been enough mods done by now that we're seeing mods of other mods coming out.  :applause:

Offline boreman

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
  • Irredeemable
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 08:55pm »
:chuckle: It was actually easier than trying to convert powers from XML2 (or from the game's Jean). But there are many mods that stayed in a beta phase or from wich the general public of the forum doesn't have news since a long time ago, and they become very tempting material to work, like Magneto, Venom, Bishop, Toad, Rogue, Cable, etc. I have also found it interesting to dissect other people's works and compare them to the original characters, to see how they put their mods together.

Offline The Boy Sanga

• Fantastic Member
  • YO!
    • Resnymph
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 04:54am »
Great mods, really like Wisdom's moves!

jonchang

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 11:45pm »
Mods look good. So many good mods makes me want to get a new PC to replace my clapped-out mongrel computer.

Offline boreman

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
  • Irredeemable
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 12:36am »
Thanks,I have an update but I'm waiting to test them and fix any issue before releasing them. Also looking for mannequin-able models (really hate when all the cool mods leave my select screen deserted).

Offline The Boy Sanga

• Fantastic Member
  • YO!
    • Resnymph
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 02:13am »
Just a quick point about the mods - Wisdom's Momentum/ X-Treme meter builds up even when his X-Treme isn't unlocked but his X-Treme cannot be pulled off when it is full.

Its not a big issue as it doesn't affect gameplay in any way but i thought you might wanna know about it...

Offline boreman

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
  • Irredeemable
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 09:58am »
Thanks, I'll check and try to find out what happened there.

ladykiller

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 02:05pm »
Your such a loser! I mean you don't even have a working a computer and your all here posting these little anoying  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: comments
Mods look good. So many good mods makes me want to get a new PC to replace my clapped-out mongrel computer.

jonchang

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 02:53am »
Nah, I use the local library's computer, and I have to type quickly and seldom have time to check and scan the entire board because I am only allocated half an hour on a computer.

Offline boreman

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
  • Irredeemable
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 08:41pm »
Updated the two first posts and links to version 1.1 of each character. They now include icons and HUDs. Also, I moved Marvel Girl from 123xx to 125xx to prevent conflicting with the darkmythology Phoenix update.

shanealt

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 11:01am »
Tested out Marvel Girl the other day.  Loved the flying effect.  Didn't have much time to experiment though.

shanealt

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 04:42pm »
Alright.  I had a better opportunity to test Marvel Girl out and here's some of the stuff I noticed.

Her Xtreme ability has no effect, and when you look at it's description it lists the damage as "0".

Her healing ability (I forget which one--the one that increases the rate of your team's HP recovery in exchange for a portion of her health?) is useless.  It takes away no health from her and doesn't increase the recovery.  And it costs 0 energy.

Offline boreman

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
  • Irredeemable
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 05:05pm »
Fine, so far I have the Wisdom momentum meter and Marvel Girl Xtreme and healing to fix. Those two are my first mods, so I expected to have problems, and since I rarely use boosts, passives and Xtremes, usually I don't pay much attention to them. Your observations are now in the to-do list.

EDIT: here is the fix for the Marvel Girl Xtreme. I still have to see what happened to that healing power (it's Eye of Agamotto, if anyone knows anything helpful about that power).

http://www.box.net/shared/utgql06ri7
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 05:51pm by boreman »