Psylocke Mod

Started by nodoubt_jr, July 20, 2007, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Almost done with the update, heres a skin preview

Skins included in the herostat

XML1, Classic, AOA, Original, Aussie Armor, Training, XML1 Spacesuit, Ultimate, New Exiles

Plus some bonus skins that will be in the pack, but not in the herostat

House of M, Revolution, X3 The Last Stand, Xtreme X-Men, Lady Mandarin, Wolverine and the X-Men, Capt. Britain

all but two (the xml1 ones) by shafcrawler  :bowdown1:
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Awesome skins. You can tell Shafcrawler's favourite character is Psylocke. :P
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

June 04, 2009, 06:26PM #64 Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 06:57PM by HikaruJuno
I've been messing w/ the mod trying to make her PsyBlade disappear when she's not in action...

Any thoughts on turning it off when she's talking to people? Just an idea that I can't seem to make work.

EDIT: Hmm. I think there's a command in Wolverine's file that keeps his claw retracted when he's either at the base or idle.... I'm gonna try looking further into that.

Quote from: Dihan on June 04, 2009, 03:18PM
Awesome skins. You can tell Shafcrawler's favourite character is Psylocke. :P

If that wasn't obvious already by the numerous loadscreens I've done for her :P

[btw, nodoubt_jr, I think her regular XML1 costume was touched up by Iammingy. Don't forget to credit him. It's not like I'm the only person who does Psylocke skins :P]

[EDIT: This post contains too many :P s!]

those skins are incredible!  by far, the best ive seen for the XML2 skins!  they look like the MUA skins, which are always more clear and what not.  fantastic job.

Quote from: shafcrawler on June 04, 2009, 07:30PM
[btw, nodoubt_jr, I think her regular XML1 costume was touched up by Iammingy. Don't forget to credit him. It's not like I'm the only person who does Psylocke skins :P]

dont worry i didnt forget, just wanted to make sure people knew you had done all but two, thanks again for those, makes me hate that we can only use 9 skins.

Quote from: ChaoticPsylocke on June 04, 2009, 08:28PM
those skins are incredible!  by far, the best ive seen for the XML2 skins!  they look like the MUA skins, which are always more clear and what not.  fantastic job.

the mua skins always look better because they are always ps2 and dont have cell shading (the black outline) that the xml2 skins have.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

which is why im so curious as to how these turned out so well!  were they done for MUA and then changed into XML2 skins?  or is shafcrawler that good?  lol

Most of them use the Medusa model as a base so I think they look good because they don't contain the black cel shaded outline.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

June 05, 2009, 01:01AM #70 Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 01:03AM by shafcrawler
That, and the fact that the MUA PS2 skins generally store the textures in a more crisp state. I've finally gotten over my cel-shading fascination. In fact, after comparing how these Psylocke textures looked on the cel-shaded Phoenix model with the Medusa ones, I'm starting to hate it!

I absolutely love her sknis.
Give your life meaning when you come to Xaviers Institute.  Join us so that we can develop your mind as well as those devious powers that you may have ::wink::

:hyper: I finally fixed the last issue i was having with Psylocke. 

The issue was with the xtreme boost and the skin change.  Well apparently the game removes any bolton attached to the character when there's a skin swap, it doesn't matter if the bolton is defined in the herostats, talent or as a powerup (the only way for it to reattach was to move to a different area or immediately go to Team Management menu, which sucked).  So Psylocke goes through 3 permanent boltons, so she was screwed.  Anyways, for the first level bolton it wasn't hard, just have idle attach the bolton again.  The other two levels were harder, how do you attach a bolton and make sure that it only bolts on if the character's passive is at a certain level? Anyways i had been working on it for like two days and finally found a fix.  To hard to explain, but basically after the boost runs out and the skin goes back if the character doesn't have any points in the "Blade Mastery" passive it gets the basic psychic blade bolton, if it has one point it gets the second level bolton, and if it has six points or more it gets the last big bolton.

Anyways my point is it was driving me crazy, took a lot of work so you all better like the move :D

She's done, Revanche is almost done too.

Hellz yeah, nodoubt! Congratulations and I can't wait to try her out!

I expect the same quality and detail that most of us have come to appreciate from your mods. Thanks a lot!

June 09, 2009, 02:46PM #74 Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 03:34PM by nodoubt_jr
Im closing this topic since the mods updates will now go here http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2846.0. Im mostly closing this thread because this thread is so full of stuff from old versions, all the little changes, all the updates, etc. its gotta be confusing for new commers. So to make it easier for you guys, just go directly to http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2846.msg57047#msg57047.