sbarth13 mod releases (9-13-14; quasar, gamora, magik)

Started by sbarth13, May 28, 2012, 09:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Alright! Thanks for looking into it! I tested and everything works - Firestar's going to make my roster now for sure!

Everything is fine now! :D And you also have an awesome Drax mod  :chuckle: Glad to have another one that's good with closed range combat in my roster :D

hellstrom and karnak are out. they have there own sounds, and seem to be working. despite saving the sound files as a zsm/zss, they are both zsm. not sure why. but they seem to work for me. let me know of any bugs.

Sweet. Now i've got more things to try out this weekend.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Thank you so much for new mods, sbarth13!  :runaway:
The Inhumans are almost complete!  :applause: I'm gonna try them out right away :D

I heard youre making a Medusa mod, is this true? :O
Wasp:   
You've been married to Black Bolt for a long time.

Medusa:   
Almost my entire adult life.

Wasp:   
What's your secret?

Medusa:   
Communication.

Wasp:   
He's MUTE.

Medusa:
Yes. And I can't overstress what an aid that is in settling our occasional disagreements.

Quote from: Aragogo on May 01, 2013, 02:21AM
I heard youre making a Medusa mod, is this true? :O

trying to. i have skins and icons. i'm trying to come up with powers that are unique, and proper skeletons to use. the biggest problem right now is the effects and boltons. plus, i'm having a block on what her 5th power and her xtreme should be. she's kinda a backburner project since its so complex.

Quote from: sbarth13 on May 01, 2013, 07:09AM
trying to. i have skins and icons. i'm trying to come up with powers that are unique, and proper skeletons to use. the biggest problem right now is the effects and boltons. plus, i'm having a block on what her 5th power and her xtreme should be. she's kinda a backburner project since its so complex.

That's an understatement where Medusa is concerned!  I'm sure glad that you are taking on that huge project.

Thanks for the two new mods -- Karnak and Hellstrom.  Seems like the two of us have alot of similar tastes in Marvel characters.  I really like both of these guys.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

I can't wait to try this mannequins!!!! The Sentry Mod is Awesome!!!!
"There was an idea. To bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to to fight the battles we never could."

Quote from: sbarth13 on May 01, 2013, 07:09AM

Hmm... sounds like you could use a moveset for Medusa. Perhaps I can help you out...

MEDUSA

Seeing Red: Turns around and morphs her hair as a large spike, quickly stabbing nearby enemies.
Haircut: Moves her hair upward, popping enemies up like a vicious uppercut.
Whiplash: Whips her hair to sting enemies with a snap, knocking them back.
Split Ends: Leaps in the air, and crushes enemies below forming two hair pillars.
Hair Spiral: Attacks by whipping her hair in a radial pattern. (Whips her neck around like girls at a rock concert)
Rock Strand: Grabs an enemy with her hair and repeatedly slams him on the ground.
Psionic Force (Boost): Greatly reduces energy spending for entire party.
Terrigen Mist (Boost): Enhances her strength, speed, and defense.
Hair Force (Xtreme): Lifts her hair to form rotating propeller blades (like that of a helicopter) and spins, causing major damage.
Grab Smash - Wraps herself and enemy around her hair (like a bearhug), causing brief crushing damage.

Now I'd imagine some of these moves would be hard to do, but then again anything involving Medusa would be hard to do I guess. Nonetheless, I hope this helps.

thanks for the ideas. some of those i had myself. the major issue is getting her hair to look and act right. i have no way of animating her hair for some of those powers, or making boltons. plus, i'm not a programmer, so unless some of those powers exist in the game already, i have no idea how to make them work. i will keep your suggestions in mind though because they're good thoughts.

I have a possible powerset in mind for her:

1. Hair Lift - Medusa lifts the enemy and then throws him (Jean or Magnetos animation)

2. Hair Spin - Already covered in Edwards mod

3. Hair Whip - Already covered in Edwards mod (maybe using Whitekings Emma Psychic Bolt animation)

4. Seduction - Blows a kiss that converts the enemy for a short time

5. Cant think of this one xD

6. Passive - Wicked Weave (Bayonetta reference) - All Medusas powers gain extra damage for a short time

7. Passive -  Wan't to touch me? (also Bayonetta reference) - Medusa and her party gain increased dodge chance with increased attack and movement speed (does dodge exist in MUA)

8. X-treme - Bad Hair Day - A radial hair attack knocking enemies into the air (maybe use Invisible Womans xtreme animation and effect, but use a hair texture?)

Its not very amazing xD
Wasp:   
You've been married to Black Bolt for a long time.

Medusa:   
Almost my entire adult life.

Wasp:   
What's your secret?

Medusa:   
Communication.

Wasp:   
He's MUTE.

Medusa:
Yes. And I can't overstress what an aid that is in settling our occasional disagreements.

I know you need help with her animations, but midnightphoenix and I were brainstorming Medusa's powers about a year ago.  We thought we would try to collaborate on a mod, but it didn't materialize.  You are right about how difficult it is to get her hair to look right in the animations.  At any rate, these are some of the ideas we had.

1.  Split Ends - sort of like in edward's mod where Medusa extends out locks of hair in various directions -- one, two, three ways or more perhaps -- to punch opponents.

2.  Curling Iron - Medusa grabs objects and enemies with her hair and squeezes them and/or throws them.

3.  Bad Hair Day - Medusa's Xtreme.  I don't know what it would consist of, I just liked the name.

4.  Hair Net - Medusa creates a cage, net, trap of some kind with her hair to hold someone for a while.  I think I've seen her make a cage with her hair somewhere.  This one is probably impossible to do.  A weaker replacement might be to somehow say that there is hair on the floor and her hair holds an enemy in a spot (since she can control hair that has been cut from her head) -- like the webbing of Spider-Man does.

5.  I very much like the hair spin that edward uses to block/knock back opponents.  Don't have a name for it.

6.  I think we should use Mr. Fantastic's arm stretch if at all possible because her hair stretches to about 12 feet -- twice its original length.  Should that be the base for "Split Ends" or something else?

7.  Booster (or Passive) - Through additional concentration (we need a better way to describe it than that), Medusa increases the tensile strength, modulus of elasticity, and sheer resistance of her hair, which increases the damage done by all hair attacks.

Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Check out Edward's Medusa mod for XML2. One of the most talented modders around. Haven't heard from him in a while.