sbarth13 mod releases (9-13-14; quasar, gamora, magik)

Started by sbarth13, May 28, 2012, 09:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: fox456 on March 07, 2014, 07:49PM
Will one of you collect all the final power (and effects) improvements and incorporate them into a single mod once everything has been addressed?

if he doesn't, i will

Quote from: Neeboo Nine on March 07, 2014, 12:03PM
That bothered me as well but I don't know how to change it - wouldn't that involve going into 3DS or something? 

easier than that. just take any character .igb file that has #_charactername. thats the file that contains the menu animations. then just rename it to 96_medusadlc. you can still use spiderwomans combat animations as 96_medusadlc_4_combat.

Quote from: BobaFett on March 07, 2014, 10:20AM
So when are you going to release Ronan the Accuser, Sbarth? Cannot wait for him!

working on the effects and skins. the powers are pretty much set, and i need to do sounds still. i get distracted by other side projects, plus, i'm working on ares.

Quote from: Neeboo Nine on March 07, 2014, 12:03PM

That bothered me as well but I don't know how to change it - wouldn't that involve going into 3DS or something?

easier than that. just take any character .igb file that has #_charactername. thats the file that contains the menu animations. then just rename it to 96_medusadlc. you can still use spiderwomans combat animations as 96_medusadlc_4_combat.

I can't remember for sure but I think some of the animations in the non-combat igb file affect in-game animations too.. is that correct?  I think that's how I ended up with that particular combination of the 2 different igbs as it seemed to be the only way I could get the desired results (with the exception of the menu_goodbye animation of course).  Is it possible the keyframes for the menu_goodbye animation could be altered or cut short so that the hovering doesn't happen in the select menu?

Quote from: Neeboo Nine on March 08, 2014, 10:23AM
Is it possible the keyframes for the menu_goodbye animation could be altered or cut short so that the hovering doesn't happen in the select menu?

There is, if you know how to hex edit. Take Spider-Woman's menu anim, rename it as 96_medusadlc (obviously), then use the xvi32 program to open that igb file to begin hex-editing. Inside, press Ctrl + F, and search "Menu." You'll see three of them: menu_action, menu_idle, and menu_goodbye.

When I was working on the mod for Black Knight, I liked Moon Knight's menu anim but he couldn't use the "menu_goodbye" because he's holding a sword and it'll look like he impaled himself! So, when I found menu_goodbye, I replaced "goodbye" and wrote "action" on the word side, followed by an "00" on the numbered side. Then save.

What will happen? It should eliminate the menu_goodbye altogether. Although now she'll just stand there, it'll get rid of her hovering. I'm not sure though how to replace the menu_goodbye with a different animation though.

Thank you Outsider for that great information.  I followed your instructions and it worked just as you described - she no longer hovers when exiting the menu.  I've replaced the igb and reuploaded files to date to the same location:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r0z1hiym3tybifa/Medusa.rar

Neebo, this is your version of the mod with the updated effects? :3
Wasp:   
You've been married to Black Bolt for a long time.

Medusa:   
Almost my entire adult life.

Wasp:   
What's your secret?

Medusa:   
Communication.

Wasp:   
He's MUTE.

Medusa:
Yes. And I can't overstress what an aid that is in settling our occasional disagreements.

Yes, though I see it as a work still in progress - I believe MUALover is working on the new xtreme and if anyone knows how to improve the other things that have been mentioned, any input is welcome as well.  Outsider solved the exit menu animation issue so we're one step closer.

Quote from: Neeboo Nine on March 09, 2014, 12:54PM
Thank you Outsider for that great information.  I followed your instructions and it worked just as you described - she no longer hovers when exiting the menu.

Not a problem. And it looks like she could use a loading screen. As long as I'm credited, feel free to use mine from my Creation Station - which is my collection of screens for use. http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8839.0.html

EDIT: Sbarth, a lot of the characters you've done - I have loading screens for, including your soon-to-be-released mods Ares and Ronan the Accuser. Again, as long as I'm credited, you can use them for your mods.

Sbarth, how come Captain America's shield does not touch Vance Astro's arm? Not trying to nitpick here, in fact I love your Major Victory mod, but that is something that is bothering me.
The original Mar-Vell is the only Marvel that matters.

not positive, but i think it has something to do with how the model for both the shield and the character are rigged. its not something i can fix, but it does bug me too. the only way around it would be for someone to make their very own model, as far as i know.

Ronan is super fun, but there's one minor thing to edit. On the first line of his herostat you need to put a space between "stats{" As without it XMLBCUI throws a fit and won't compile lol.

But after i fixed that it works and the mod is super fun.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

My Ares is so fat(the anims make him that way) that he looks like Brutus(Popeye). I'll try to make him better.
Ronan is spectacular. I'm making a Universal Weapon bolton for him.

Ronan is a masterpiece. Quite simply, a true joy to play as. Thank you Sbarth for all your hard work.

Seconded, Ronan & Ares are both awesome, especially liked the weapons you gave Ares. A true god of war!
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Sbarth, do you still have the original Sentry skins you've made?

Quote from: BobaFett on April 08, 2014, 02:49PM
Sbarth, do you still have the original Sentry skins you've made?

yes. i can send them to you if you want. or you can get them off the xml2 sentry mod. its those skins with a little added texture.

Quote from: Odinson012 on April 07, 2014, 09:32AM
My Ares is so fat(the anims make him that way) that he looks like Brutus(Popeye). I'll try to make him better.
Ronan is spectacular. I'm making a Universal Weapon bolton for him.

i thought he looked kinda weird when viewed from certain angles, but the skins are still awesome. the bolton would be great too. that hammer was the closest thing i could find.