How to: Use Human Torch Fiery skin [Very easy to understand]

Started by cleisson, July 24, 2012, 10:01AM

Previous topic - Next topic
The Human Torch always-flamed-on costume is awesome.  :humant:

Unfortunately, the link for it is dead. But there is no problem. Here, you will find how to get that skin... because it's already in the game. You don't need to know anything about modding to understand this tutorial. If you do know, you can skip a lot of basic things.

TOOLS YOU WILL NEED

-XMLBCUI.exe
http://www.mediafire.com/?2s949t38aidelcd

-XV132 Hex Editor
http://www.handshake.de/user/chmaas/delphi/download/xvi32.zip

-First of all, you will replace another skin.
* Go to the folder actors and take a look at the files. Every 13XX is a Human Torch skin. 1300.igb (Fiery), 1301.igb (Ultimate), 1302.igb (Original), 1303.igb (Modern), 1304.igb (Classic), 1305.igb (Dark). Note that "Fiery" and "Dark" are not available in game (Dark is from the Fantastic Four Dark clones created by Doctor Doom in the last stage)
- Let's suppose you chose to replace the Classic (4th) skin. BACKUP THIS SKIN. Create a back-up folder, copy and paste the file 1304.igb there. Also, make the same thing with the file hud_head_1304.igb inside the hud folder.

- Now, let's make the FLAME ON skin our 4th skin.
* Okay, in the actors folder, copy the 1300.igb file and rename the copy as 1304.igb. In hud, copy the hud_head_1300.igb file and rename the copy as hud_head_1304.igb.

-It's time to edit our skin with the XV132 Hex Editor. Install it, and open.

*"File", "open", make the path to your new 1304.igb file in actors.

* "Ctlr F" and search for 1300 in "string" (strings are in the right corner of the screen).
* Now change it to 1304. (Just click on the last 0 and type 4. No mystery)
* Do it again. And again. And again. Until you change every 1300 to 1304. (It will be faster than you think)
* Save and do the same with the "hud_head_1304.igb" file in hud folder.

- Now, install the XMLBCUI. Open it, and decompile the herostat.engb file in the data folder of MUA.
Click Edit.
Now find the human torch entry, and add the following lines:

StatEffect {
      bolt = Bip01 Spine1 ;
      effect = char/humant/special_flameon ;
      fxlevel = 2 ;
      skin = 04 ;
      }

}

PS: If you want to change the name of the skin, change the line skin_04_name = Classic ; to skin_04_name = Name ;

- Save.
- Compile herostat.xml to herostat.engb (not xmlb)

*DONE! Enjoy your Human Torch Always-Flamed-On skin!
Any doubts, just ask here!

Sorry for the bad english! I am brazilian. If somebody request it, I will make a portuguese version of this tutorial.
Credits and Thanks to:
- The creators of the game and the creators of the softwares I used.
- A LOT of people in this forum, for the XV132 and XMLBCUI links and for things like the flameon effect (I would never find it out by myself without searching the forum).
- YOU!

Wow!  Thanks for this excellent information.  It is very clear and complete.  I have always wanted to use Human Torch's fiery skin as a main skin.

Oh, and your English is perfect!
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on July 24, 2012, 10:54AM
Wow!  Thanks for this excellent information.  It is very clear and complete.  I have always wanted to use Human Torch's fiery skin as a main skin.

Oh, and your English is perfect!

Thank you very much!

Fantastic tutorial !

I am a beginner so I do have a question for you: I have successfully replaced skins before, but I never needed to do any "hex editing" so far. So could you explain why is it necessary now? What would happen if we skipped the hex editing step? (not that it's hard.. I just want to learn more, to know what it does and why it's necessary)

Quote from: Achilles1986 on July 25, 2012, 05:56AM
Fantastic tutorial !

I am a beginner so I do have a question for you: I have successfully replaced skins before, but I never needed to do any "hex editing" so far. So could you explain why is it necessary now? What would happen if we skipped the hex editing step? (not that it's hard.. I just want to learn more, to know what it does and why it's necessary)

Thank you very much!!

Well, the greatest problem is: Human Torch changes skin naturally in game. When he flies or use powers he changes to the Fiery skin. And when it stops, he returns to his previous skin.

If you skip the hex editing step, you will be able to use the Fiery skin at first, but the flying effect will be weird, and after you use powers or fly and land, it will revert to another skin (in my case, he reverted to the Ultimate skin). You can try to skip, maybe you will be lucky and it won't matter, but I am pretty sure this won't be the case.

Quote from: cleisson on July 25, 2012, 06:16AMafter you use powers or fly and land, it will revert to another skin (in my case, he reverted to the Ultimate skin). You can try to skip, maybe you will be lucky and it won't matter, but I am pretty sure this won't be the case.

I have tried it and it seems you are correct. He reverts to the Ultimate skin in my case, too. But I don't understand WHY the Ultimate skin. ( I replaced the 4th - Clasic skin, with the Fiery one)

Quote from: cleisson on July 25, 2012, 06:16AMWhen he flies or use powers he changes to the Fiery skin. And when it stops, he returns to his previous skin.

Why doesn't it work like you said here, returning to the PREVIOUS skin, which in our case is Fiery, not Ultimate.

Quote from: Achilles1986 on July 25, 2012, 06:51AM
I have tried it and it seems you are correct. He reverts to the Ultimate skin in my case, too. But I don't understand WHY the Ultimate skin. ( I replaced the 4th - Clasic skin, with the Fiery one)

Why doesn't it work like you said here, returning to the PREVIOUS skin, which in our case is Fiery, not Ultimate.

Sorry, I don't know exactly why :(
As a matter of fact, I'm also a begginer.