Venom mod version 1.2 (Z) (added tail for Thunderbolts)

Started by Dark_Mark, July 25, 2007, 01:34PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Chocolate egg sorry..... it was late here in Spain yesterday and I went to sleep now I did not read it. Sorry and thanks

EDIT: I cannot find the text,... which file should I modify that in?

Oh, it's alright. It's the powerstyle, ps_venom.engb.

If you want spider-man's, then you can replace that part with this:

Quotetrigger {
      name = sound ;
      sound = char/spider_m/web_zip ;
      time = 0.32 ;
      }

Then the sound will only play if Spider-Man is also on the team :( There is no way to have custom sounds yet, sadly. Hopefully it'll EVENTUALLY be figured out (like the character roster limit....)

Somebody here can help me ? I copy the files and decompile the herostat.engb but venom doesn't appear in character select. What is wrong ?

hi guys. Mark if you don't mind I'd love it if you could share skin 01 offset so that I can make it a tad darker, if there is no problem and only if you won't be doing it in a near future.

Thank you.

Also I want to restore Juggernauts sounds for voice... I think I could do that with 1.01 version files right?

I will investigate further with the not-seeing-things stuff tonight.

Cheers.

Quote from: PacaveliTheDon on October 23, 2007, 07:59PM
did u change the "menulocation = XX ;"...
Thanks for the help but I'm having problems compiling the xml file in xmlb. I don't no what happens I have a herostat.xml file where I replaced ronin with venom and I change the menulocation but when I try recompile this nothing happens.

u have to compile the herostat.engb in a different location than where the original is...
move the original herostat.engb to the desktop and decompile it there and then compile it in the .../data folder

Quote from: PacaveliTheDon on October 24, 2007, 10:16AM
u have to compile the herostat.engb in a different location than where the original is...
move the original herostat.engb to the desktop and decompile it there and then compile it in the .../data folder
:bowdown: Man I don't know how to thanks you to be patience and teach a dumb how to install a mod. It finally it works  and this mod is incridible. :bowdown1:

hey guys i cant find herostat.engb in the data folder of venom the only thing there are this things in the data folder: boltonactoranims.xml,boltonactoranims.xmlb,entities,powerstyles,fightstyles,talents,herostat,herostat.txt,boltonactoranims.xmlb.bak,herostat.xml and herostat.xmlb
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

Quote from: the master$$$ on October 24, 2007, 11:03AM
hey guys i cant find herostat.engb in the data folder of venom the only thing there are this things in the data folder: boltonactoranims.xml,boltonactoranims.xmlb,entities,powerstyles,fightstyles,talents,herostat,herostat.txt,boltonactoranims.xmlb.bak,herostat.xml and herostat.xmlb
Because it doesn't exist take a look in this tutorial and read the read me in the venom mod

Quote from: parrastaka on October 24, 2007, 12:45AM
Mark if you don't mind I'd love it if you could share skin 01 offset so that I can make it a tad darker, if there is no problem and only if you won't be doing it in a near future.

Venom's offsets in version 2.5:

• Classic   
17601.igb,-DXT1,1024,1024,505263

• Ultimate   
17602.igb,-DXT1,1024,1024,188151

• Marvel VS Capcom
17603.igb,-DXT1,1024,1024,505263

• Ultimate (Game)
17604.igb,-DXT1,1024,1024,261739

Also I want to restore Juggernauts sounds for voice... I think I could do that with 1.01 version files right?
Powers haven't changed much since 1.01 (most important change being the voices), so I see no problem.

I will investigate further with the not-seeing-things stuff tonight.
Good luck!  :)

You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

well thank you for the offsets Mark. I uninstalled all the 2.5 mod, deleting the files one by one. And I re-installed version 1.01. Everything seemed to work... except I can't see the symbiote either!!

So there must be some other thing iammingy and I changed in the game and that is preventing us from being able to see some of Venom's effects.

I deleted all the files one by one, so it's impossible that it is something within the mods. 1.01 version was in my hard drive all the time.

So we don't know what it can be..  :wtflol: