Venom mod version 1.2 (Z) (added tail for Thunderbolts)

Started by Dark_Mark, July 25, 2007, 01:34PM

Previous topic - Next topic
By the way, what do you think of the new one as compared with the previous version? :)
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Hey Dark_Mark!

well, the meshes freezed the game, most likely, because the texture are 1024x1024, and the mannequins didn't freezed the game, but they are invisible.

toxin mannequin is only 128x128, so we still don't know which is the texture's size limit for the xbox.

An invisible mannequin means the game can't read the file (so it's the same thing as a freeze up on an animated model)

I guess I should've stated that the Xbox probably shouldn't have larger than 256x256 textures (DXT3 of course).  Iammingy might also have his export settings different that Dark_Mark.  So if downgrading the textures doesn't work then you might check to see if your export settings match.

I don't really have any special settings for export; I have everything on default (Blinn shader, etc.). I just change the DDS textures from DXT1 to DXT3.

As for the tongue, it looks great! It's better (firmer) than the previous version! :venom:

Quote from: Zedja on February 14, 2008, 04:28PM
well, the meshes freezed the game, most likely, because the texture are 1024x1024, and the mannequins didn't freezed the game, but they are invisible.
That's strange. I am absolutely sure that I resized all the textures so that none was larger than 512x512 and changed them to DXT3 :scratchhead: Maybe the models are too complex?
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Possibly, I dunno.  Just for kicks and giggles try exporting the mannequin with 128x128 textures.  We know that size works for sure.

Oh, Dark_Mark, i'm really sorry, but i thought that Venom's texture was 1024x1024, but i only noticed right now that it is 512x512, his texture looks all the same, so i got a little confused.

Teancum, i checked right now and Gambit's mannequin is 256x256, and it worked on the xbox.

so this means that 256x256 is the limit, and it is a little bit obvious since all IGBs on the XBOX are 256x256, but for the boltons, any settings seems to work, even DXT1 and 512x512.

Sweet, well that means we've got the two missing mannequins.

I'm still thinking it's the default export settings that matter.

Quote from: Teancum on February 15, 2008, 09:55AM
I'm still thinking it's the default export settings that matter.

How about I export the She-Hulk mannequin I "made" with DXT3 textures? I think the texture used was 1024x1024... Or Dark_Mark can export his Sabretooth/Doom mannequin again with DXT3 textures.

No, I'm not planning on making any new Venom skins in the near future, but iammingy has done some good reskins of my models. You can get them either from his topic (with old version of the tongue) or the Official Characters pack.

May 08, 2008, 02:09PM #146 Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 02:18PM by Dark_Mark
404 Not Found for this one. Thank you for the effort anyway ;)

Fixed the link.  Thanks for pointing that out

May 08, 2008, 02:33PM #148 Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 02:50PM by Dark_Mark
Thank you again. By the way, your responses are very quick. How do you manage to do that?

I have dual monitors at work, so when I'm compiling a program I look around websites on my other monitor :P