Polaris Mod

Started by matt710, July 25, 2007, 06:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: havok83 on June 11, 2008, 02:56AM
How about these as skins if you dont have them already?

Prob not.

Planned on doing this one, her original, and her Shiar Costume.

Done.  Boreman did this.  There is another X-Factor skin that shafcrawler did (her later one).

Done.  I did this one a while ago.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

Has everyone forgotten about one of the most awsome possibilities for a polaris skin!!?? As apocalypses minion pestilence!! 

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/costume/polaris-bigcostume13.jpg

Quote from: Wraith on June 11, 2008, 05:30AM
Has everyone forgotten about one of the most awsome possibilities for a polaris skin!!?? As apocalypses minion pestilence!! 

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/costume/polaris-bigcostume13.jpg

If someone can tell me a base I wouldn't mind doing it.

Quote from: matt710 on June 11, 2008, 05:12AM

Prob not.

Planned on doing this one, her original, and her Shiar Costume.

Done.  Boreman did this.  There is another X-Factor skin that shafcrawler did (her later one).

Done.  I did this one a while ago.
Wow, great news! Im really looking forward to your work.

1 more suggestion could be her costume she wore when possessed by Malice in the 80s

Quote from: havok83 on June 11, 2008, 02:38PM
Wow, great news! Im really looking forward to your work.

1 more suggestion could be her costume she wore when possessed by Malice in the 80s

Same for that one.  If someone can give me a good base, I don't mind giving it a try.

how about MUA Clea

Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

That would be a good one.  She just won't have such crazy hair.  Thanks.

:polaris:

Well im thinking the closest thing to like knight armor is Stryfe/Rhino. What do you think?? Can anyone else come up with a good base?

Could one use Colossus?

Just to let you guys know, her sounds are done now and I am moving on to skins.  I will see what I can do with them.

^^^ Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to see what you come up with

Alright guys, here is her skin roster thus far:

10301 - XML2 skin
10302 - AOA skin (from Blizz's pack)
10303 - Proposed Ultimate (like Havok's)
10304 - Modern (The one I said I did a while ago)
10305 - Mutant X
10306 - Shafcrawler's Sleavless X-Factor (I inputted Polaris' face and hair from 10301)
10307 - Boreman's Ultimate (Her regular clothes)
10308 - Boreman's X-Factor
10309 - Proposed Original (I am going to alter 10304 color-wise and texture-wise so it looks different
10310 - Proposed Shiar costume

As you can see, she has a full house.  I may do one of the following:

Horseman Costume (Would need a good base, Rhino is too masculine)
Red and Gold Costume (A little tough in the open area of the costume and the loose belt)
Malice (most likely)

Skin Previews:

Modern by Me:

Mutant X by Me:

Ultimate by Me (matches Havok's nicely):

Ultimate (Civilian)by Boreman:

X-Factor by Boreman (Goes nicely with Havok's):

X-Factor (Sleeveless) by Shafcrawler:

Shiar by Me:

Ok summary of this:

I cleaned up Boreman's skins for XML2 since it shows up a little differently than in MUA (only the face seemed to have a line going down the middle).  I then used that face and hair for my Ultimate and Shiar skins as well as shafcrawler's skin (so the faces were all Polaris).  The Shiar skin just needs a little more work in the belly and upper leg regions and that one is done.  I have an AOA that I believe is BliZZ's, but I didn't make it a PS2 skin yet.  For the two other skins pictured, I am going to see what I can do about the choker.  Maybe try Alpha layering (If it works for PS2).  I still have to do her original skin, which is similar to the first skin pictured.  Additionally I plan on doing a Malice skin and maybe one more (the yellow one with a big x over one breast).  That will give you guys a lot of options for her. 

Thanks again for letting me use your skins Boreman and Shafcrawler.  If one of you guys want the ps2 version of skins, I can pm it to you later.

wow these look cool I always wanted her with fool set of skins cant wait to tean her up with havok

Shiar by Me(Final)

Original by Me

Genosha by Me

Right before Havok goes to Gen X by Me

XML2 Skin

(PS2 rip will be in its Place)

Alrighty let me explain the Genosha thing.  I was trying to do the real skin, but Enchantress wasn't cooperating too well.  I did make a loose interpretation of it and it came out good.  The AOA skin is acting funky.  It has a thin and long line that comes out of the right hand that never leaves the skin.  If I cannot fix it, then it will be left out.  She has enough skins to back up on though.