Polaris Mod

Started by matt710, July 25, 2007, 06:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
welcome havok83! You can find some polaris skins I've made here:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1463.0
Hope you enjoy them!

Polaris is being updated soon, so the mod will have more skins (should be 9). I am doing an update on havoc now and will start on her when I am done.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

Thanks so much. I'll defiently be looking forward to them

Quote from: shafcrawler on May 20, 2008, 12:38AM
welcome havok83! You can find some polaris skins I've made here:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1463.0
Hope you enjoy them!
How exactly do I add them as extra skins in her herostat? I keep getting crashes when I load her up bc Im a newbie & know Im doing it all wrong

kind of like this say polaris
it looks something like this
skin 10301
aoa 02
60s 03

rename the skins you just downloaded to
10302 and so on.

I have a new question. I have the skins showing up in the game, but there are no powers associated with them. Her powerset only shows up when I have the original costume selected. How do I fix this so they work for all?

You have to make package files for the powers to work with all the skins. To do that:

1 Decompile a package file

2 Replace data within it with the ones you need (mainly replace skin number, powerstyle, skeleton, and talent references, along with HUDs and hud-heads)

3 Recompile as (character name)_(skin number).PKGB

Example: I want to use a new polaris skin but don't have it's packages. What I do is open Rogue's package file, Rogue_0701.PKGB,
replace 0701 with 10307,
replace ps_rogue with ps_polaris
replace talents\rogue with talents\polaris
replace 07_rogue with 103_polaris
then change hud and hud_head references
and finally recompile to polaris_10307.PKGB.
[repeat the steps to make a polaris_10307_nc.PKGB as well. This is needed too]

It's a lot less complicated than I've made it out to be. Try it yourself. You'll get the hang of it eventually (I did)

Thanks for the help. I found from another thread on this board that this can also be done with a hex editor. I found it easier using that and just editing the Polaris package I already had.

For someone who has never instituted a mod pack before could someone help me do this. I downloaded the pack to my desktop and unlocked it. So where do I put the files?

Quote from: jmc247 on May 27, 2008, 08:26AM
For someone who has never instituted a mod pack before could someone help me do this. I downloaded the pack to my desktop and unlocked it. So where do I put the files?
Actually it is ready to drag and drop in C:\Program Files\Activision\X-Men Legends 2  (unless you installed elsewhere).  The only thing you have to do is decompile, paste in, and compile your herostats.engb and add the character_heads lines in that package.  I believe there are directions on how to decompile the herostats somewhere on the forum.

Ok she is being updated.  She will get a few effect updates and a new fightstyle.  She wil be relying less on storm for her anims and a bit more on invisible woman.  Her Ploarity Pull move should work better with the new anims.  She is also getting new sounds and a voice.  She is getting a modified Ms. Marvel voice where I changed her pitch and tone to make her sound more feminine.  She will have at least 9 skins by the time of the release.  Just do not put her in the fourth slot until nodoubt_jr, myself, or anyone else learns to fix that bug.  Otherwise she shouldn't cause any runtime errors or crazy enemies with the knowledge of the new fighstyles we have now.

Quote from: matt710 on June 08, 2008, 09:03PM
Just do not put her in the fourth slot until nodoubt_jr, myself, or anyone else learns to fix that bug. 

im working on it :).
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Theres a new bug? Never notice it.

Quote from: ramen on June 09, 2008, 12:30PM
Theres a new bug? Never notice it.

It is kind of random.  You will loose either all of or part of the second skeleton.  I had it once where all but one move worked from the second skeleton.  It is rather weird sometimes.

Her powers are now done with all recolored effects.  Her shields merged into one and a 180 degree spray move replaces it.  She has all new anims and everything.  Even her Metal Debris Knockout has been changed so that she has 2 points of the attack that she causes damage and that she cannot move until the debris starts to explode out.  She is looking great and now needs sounds and some new skins.  I got permission for 2 or 3 skins that aren't mine, which means she only needs 2 or 3 more. 

How about these as skins if you dont have them already?