Polaris Mod

Started by matt710, July 25, 2007, 06:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Can Stryfe not be used or like a gladiator avalanche? Because she doesn't look feminine but i get what you mean with rhino being too masculine. But that would be the best skin by far if we could pull it off!

I love the "original" skin, it's a shame I don't have XML2 on PC.

Anyway, I don't think the Pestilence skin would fit well with Polaris. Yes, they're both Lorna Dane, but they both have completely different powers. Lorna no-longer has her disease manipulation powers. For some of the Horsemen, their costumes make sense, such as Archangel. The most recent incarnations of the Horsemen (Polaris, Sunfire, Gazer and Gambit) had completely different powers.

It just wouldn't make sense to see Pestilence flying around using magnetic powers.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Dihan on June 20, 2008, 03:34AM
I love the "original" skin, it's a shame I don't have XML2 on PC.

Thanks, but if you have MUA for PC it will work as well.  I mostly work with PS2 skins, which will work in MUA with no problem as well.  So any of the skins from my mod updates will work on XML2 and MUA.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

Oooh! I didn't know that. It opens so many more possibilities...

Quote from: Dihan on June 20, 2008, 03:34AM
The most recent incarnations of the Horsemen (Polaris, Sunfire, Gazer and Gambit) had completely different powers.

It just wouldn't make sense to see Pestilence flying around using magnetic powers.
Sunfire had the same exact powers as a Horseman

not exactly "he could now use them to create flashes of light that affected the sections of the human brain which control hunger, causing any people who saw his light flashes to feel as if they were starving"
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

He lost his powers as a result of M-Day so Apocalypse gave him the ability to make others believe they're starving (just as he gave Polaris the plague ingestion thing). That doesn't particularly sound a lot like the plasma blasts he uses. Also, Rogue stole Sunfire's powers and personality just as she did with Ms Marvel.

Granted, the whole Marvel universe is one giant retcon. Sunfire, Gambit and Polaris are all back to normal with their original powers.

June 20, 2008, 05:19PM #82 Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 05:22PM by havok83
Quote from: Dihan on June 20, 2008, 03:23PM
He lost his powers as a result of M-Day so Apocalypse gave him the ability to make others believe they're starving (just as he gave Polaris the plague ingestion thing). That doesn't particularly sound a lot like the plasma blasts he uses. Also, Rogue stole Sunfire's powers and personality just as she did with Ms Marvel.

Granted, the whole Marvel universe is one giant retcon. Sunfire, Gambit and Polaris are all back to normal with their original powers.
Actually Sunfire lost his powers as a result of Rogue perma-absorbing them. They were gone before M Day. The starving stuff was something extra but he STILL was given the heat/flame/flight powers, he originally had before Rogue took them. Ditto with Lorna having her magnetic powers/flight in addition to the plague stuff thanks to Apocalypse.

Wow looks like ive started a debate lol i agree with the sunfire thing, he seemed to have just been enhanced and i know gambit had that poison gas thing and polaris the disease but Polaris is still depowered, she was given artificial magnetic powers by apocalypse. Gambit probably just used the poison gas as a preference because he was the horseman of death, when sinister hired him he stuck with his original powers. Thats my comprehension anyway. So it wouldn't be out of the ordinary, maybe the skin could just add a poison type move?

June 21, 2008, 08:46PM #84 Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 08:41PM by matt710
Polaris Final?? Update by Matt710

Note thank you everyone for their help.  Thanks nodoubt_jr for supplying some files needed for sounds.  Also thanks to boreman for letting me use your X-factor and Ultimate (Civilian) skins and shafcrawler for letting me use your sleaveless x-factor skin.

Polaris Mod Update :

11 Skins
11 Conversation Huds
5 new 3D Huds
1 Menu Portrait (New)
Shields were merged and one new power added
New Effects
Working sound (complete effects by me x_voices for menu sounds will be coming soon)
New fightstyle

If you would like to use the other skins replace any of the skins in the herostat with the number you
want.

The skins are:

01 - XML2 skin
03 - Ultimate (like Havok's)
04 - Modern Skin (Similar to original, but very different)
05 - Mutant X (Original simple one that was just a pink suit instead of multitoned) <not in herostats>
06 - Sleavless X-Factor (shafcrawler's skin)
07 - Civilian Ultimate (Boreman's skin)         
08 - X-Factor (Boreman's Skin)
09 - Original (New Skin)
10 - Shiar Costume (New Skin)
11 - Yellow/Dark Blue costume with big x <not in herostats>
12 - Genosha costume (Black and green outfit)

Just drag the folders to the XML2 folder and drop.  For the characterheads package and herostats engb, text files have been provided for you to compile into your game's files.  Please note that you should back up anything before writing over it!!!!  I am not responsible for anything that may happen once you add this, it is your own choice to install.  There are no problems found that would hurt the program or computer when I tested it, so there shouldn't be any problems on your version.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?1se1ddx93dx :polaris:

Note I added a fix to fighstyle_frost and havok's 1901 ps2 skin to this.  One is because she uses fightstyle_frost and the other out of lazyness.

The menu portraits and HUDs are PS2 too?

no, those are not ps2.  I should have been more specific. I am only working with PS2 skin igbs, anything else would be XML2 igbs.

June 22, 2008, 08:56PM #88 Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 08:41PM by matt710
Here is the new version of Polaris that uses her own fightstyle.  If you don't use Emma Frost in your party, you won't even need this, but for those of you that use both, I'd suggest you download this.  I'd even recomend that those who don't have Emma download this just in case they want to use her in the future.  It also fixes attack_knockback

http://www.mediafire.com/?1se1ddx93dx

Emma works perfect now but Polaris wont work at all it crashes on dangeroom, new game, loaded game. Please help i install it three times already.