Polaris Mod

Started by matt710, July 25, 2007, 06:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
her fightstyle igb is just named "fightstyle_polaris", try renaming it to "fightstyle_polaris.igb" (btw this is in the actors folder)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

that did the trick thanks nodoubt

no problem.

btw, im in love with her genosha skin and especially her shiar skin.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Thanks, I didn't realize I didn't name it correctly with the hex editor.  When the name gets that long it doesn't display the whole thing.  I will re-up a new, correct one, soon. 

PS.  Those are my two favorites too.  I was going to throw out the genosha skin since it wasn't doing what I wanted, but I played with it and came up with the end result.  My favorite has to be the Shiar one out of the two though.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

Alright this should be the last stupid mistake on my part.  Sorry guys. 

http://www.mediafire.com/?1se1ddx93dx

If you already just change the name, you need not download this.

download the newest version, with all the corrections and what not. i started a new game and at the character select screen, her icon shows up but her body/skins doesn't show up at all. and when i get to the first stage to rescue the professor, her arms are spread out and she stands crooked, and her 3d hud isn't there.

???
~scratches head~ lol

Did you forget to copy certain vital files?

June 29, 2008, 09:27AM #97 Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 02:23PM by ariesx41483
Quote from: Midnight Curse on June 29, 2008, 07:40AM
Did you forget to copy certain vital files?

i did what i usually do. i highlight from actors down, copied, pasted, did the herostat thing, and the ui number to the character_head pcgk, and so on. and that's what i got :o/

also, i just noticed something. i was reading through the tutorial and it said that in each actor folder there is an xx_character file, and that those first numbers are its base number. in polaris' new updated file, she has 103 as her base number, with a bunch of 103xxx files, but one of those files is 1901.igb. none of the other character actor files has a drastically different number than the base number...so could that have something to do with it?

ok ok forget that. SORRY
...so i made a lot of copies of the original game files on my external hard drive to test out characters, and i did a fresh drag and drop of polaris in there. so now i find that she works GREAT! except for oooone little thing...her electomagnetic blast, which is like storm's chain lightning, is big, white, yellow, and pink.

Did you drag and drop all the texture files that were given.

Quote from: matt710 on June 29, 2008, 08:13PM
Did you drag and drop all the texture files that were given.

yup. same thing i did with everybody else :o/

I will upload all the MUA igb files so that we can make this a lot easier.  Expect it by tonight.

Single Skeleton Alternative:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tjnomzidwyn

Just drag the folders to the XML2 folder and drop.  For the characterheads package and herostats engb, text files have been provided for you to compile into your game's files.  Please note that you should back up anything before writing over it!!!!  I am not responsible for anything that may happen once you add this, it is your own choice to install.  There are no problems found that would hurt the program or computer when I tested it, so there shouldn't be any problems on your version.

I forgot to mention, all was left alone between the 2 skeleton mod and the single skeleton mod except for some animations and a special attack was added for knockback.

Hello, I'm new, so please don't judge me for asking stupid questions, but why every time when Polaris does an attack(except for Polarity Blast) she starts floating and she stops moving so you can't dodge an attack. Btw, why can't she fly? I can't find the magneto file that gives him that power.

Yes, you are required to start a new game.  That should fix the problems.  Also which version are you using?