You then and you now: Your history on Marvel Mods.

Started by Midnightphoenix, October 05, 2012, 04:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Im sure the title of this topic could mean anything really, but for the longest time I have been wanting to make a topic that was about you making your account on here and how you acted to how you act now.

Like for me I always look back at how different I acted when I first became a member, not much different then almost all the new members now.

You know when your a new member and the icons of all the characters just some how seemed so amazing you had to click like 5-10 every post  :dazzler: :deadpool: :domino: :pyro: :hellion: ;), ask stupid questions, be totally annoying and post 3 times in a row like:

Wow I love this site its so amazing :D  :capamer: :iceman: :phoenix: :psylocke:

Post 2 Only 1 more left  :longshot: :jubilee: :genis:

3 so excited!  :warmachine: :avalanche: :pman:

But like most new members they usually don't stick around very long, and I know I didn't either I joined, bought MUA for the computer just for the purpose of playing modded characters, couldn't figure out how to mod at all, got rid of the game and months passed before I came back again. I bought MUA again and kept attempting, I checked the site one or two times a week or so, posted about how much I wanted to play characters but couldn't because I could never get anything to work. And then finally I figured out how to add in characters, I remember that the OC pack and Dazzler were the first I got working because all you had to do was drag and drop them in no herostat editing was needed. Then I figured out more and more, got great at working XMLB, and then just checked the site everyday going on day by day. Soon I decided I wanted to skin but for the life of me I couldn't get it to work, I tried and tried again and nothing, soon I figured it out and then I cranked out tons of skins, then jumped onto modding which took me awhile to figure out but Scabbia helped me every step of the way, along with many other great modders on here! Then I got upgraded to Marvel Modder and now Moderator. All in the span of a few years, and way back when I never thought in my life I would
a. Stick around on the site
b. Make so many friends/ meet so many awesome people
c. Become a skinner/ modder
d. Become a Marvel Modder and then a moderator

I am so glad I decided to stick around, this site also helped me grow into who I am as a person thanks to so many amazing people on here.
Now What about you?

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I remember I was mostly here to just get some mods. Then I began to think how cool it'd be to make some of my own stuff, and after I made a few loadscreens and HUDs, I started releasing them. Then I went on to skins, and finally a full Robin mod. I'm even planning more; I'm just way too overloaded with "real life".

Let's see....

When I first got Marvel Ulimate Alliance, I had never played it and didn't eveb know that much about the game.  Words can't really explain how awesome it was for me to see the menu selection screen for the first time!  I thought it was SO COOL to be able to choose from so many heroes to play.  I was very satisfied playing the game with the characters it included.

At some point later, I remember talking to some friends about the new downloadable characters that were going to be coming out for XBox.  I was really bummed that they weren't going to be available for the PC.  I kept up hope that they would eventually be released for the PC.  I did searches for them for a long time, especially Hulk.  In my searching I stumbled upon marvelmods and things haven't been the same since!

I couldn't believe it!  I told my friends that this place was so cool and that now I could play MUA as virtually any superhero they'd every heard of... and even some that they hadn't.

Like midnightphoenix123, I asked lots of questions when I first started.  I STILL ask questions -- just different ones now.  But I also answer questions for newbies, upload files that people have lost, set up a couple of skin catalogs, encourage new modders, and do other things to try to contribute to a group that has made my gaming much more fun.

I have even given modding a try too.  Twice, I started a Gorgon mod, but never got very far.  Thanks to sbarth13, we have a Gorgon mod now.  I continue to work on my Moondragon mod as well as a full set of new trivia questions for the game.  I look forward to completing these mods.

Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

When I first got on the site, I was only getting on here to download certain mods, cause I was amazed that something even existed for a Marvel game lol. (I was only used to The Sims stuff) After I downloaded some mods, I seen some tutorials on how to create skins/mods and tryed my hands at it... failed, left the site... came back, tried again... left... lol I did this for awhile, til last year (I beleive) when I finally got it figured out. Of course, back then, I was afraid to say anything on here cause I kinda felt out of place (don't ask me why). So I never asked for help or what have ya. Now, since I've learned what I can do and gotten to talk to other people, I don't feel out of place, but I aint like all up on everything here like I was lol.

Glad I found the site, I do have to say that. I wish I could be on here more like I used to be (but work has taken over my life like a leech -_-).

First I got X-Men Legends 2 and I played with it for some time. After I actually got Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and I played it through once, I decided to look up "marvel ultimate alliance mods" on Google. I ended up here. So, even though I don't usually do something like this with a modding site, I registered.

Ever since I first came here, I had multiple profile names and pictures. All kinds of names actually. I'm pretty sure the only reason why I decided to stay with my current name is the fact, that I was warned, that I changed up my stuff too often :D

Of course, after seeing and using all kinds of mods, I tried a thing or two myself, but I never really had the patience or skill or talent to create mods or even proper looking skins (plus for some reason, the modding tools always acted strangely for me).

After some time, seeing all kinds of topics, where people went off-topic often, I decided to make that topic called "How do you feel yourself? / General Talk about everything", not a big deal, but I'm glad, that so many people used that topic to talk about their feelings or just all kinds of random topics :D

Nowadays I just feel like a semi-veteran non-modder of this site. I don't really play with most of these games, some times I install them, when I see a very interesting mod or something, but really, the reason why I'm still here is the fact, that this site became a hobby to me. I like the people here, a great community I don't want to leave actually :D

And for a fun-fact-bonus, my first ever post: "Pls help me. Where can I find Moon Knight :moonk:? I Don't wanna install the Official Characters mod and I really need him.(I installed it once but i can't play the game) Pls help me "

Another funny fact: looking back at my old posts, I was your average "ask for something with incredibely bad grammar" type of a person. I think I improved :D

BTW, midnightphoenix, great topic, I like nostalgic stuff :D

I found this website through the original MUA Gamefaqs board. Actually I've watched that board, seeing how the old guys here were trying to mod the game. The first real mod was making Colossus and Moonknight playable. Then MarvelMods was created, and I registered a year later because I wanted to try out skinning. I've been a leech here in the beginning lol.

Anywayz, so I tried skinning out and well, you've seen the results. From my first skins to my last. And mods too!

After skinning came mods, crappy mods. Like, copy+paste from official character stuff without heavy code editting at all. That's why Firestar plays so cheap, same for Scarlet Spider.

My first mod I was actually happy with was Forge. He's actually one of my first 2 mods lol. Another mod I was glad with was Ultimate Green Goblin. If you're asking what MY favorite selfmade mod is (I do mean by myself), it has to be Batman :)

Nowadays, I like making more unique mods, and I'm able to create 3d models (I haven't had a go at characters, just weapons and objects only) and am able to convert any model to MUA thanks to the tutorials in the knowledge base.

My first post ever? I can't remember. Must be my workbench post I guess. No clue xD.

Anyway I've been afk (though logging in) several times but modding was always fun and distracting, that's why I do love modding.

I actually found this page on Wikipedia ! I was looking at the MUA page on there and I looked under the PC section and it said that you could have characters like Punisher, Jean Grey etc. So I decided to look at the page and when I did I was AMAZED on how many characters you could choose from ! Like there was The OC Pack that really took my attention ! Then I joined back in 2010. And bought MUA!

I was one of those people how asked all of those stupid questions, like 'How do you mod' 'How do you skin'

Then I left the forum for about a year because I could never figure out how to mod the game. But I just re-joined back in November or October of 2011. And once again I was shocked on how the site has grown and everything!

I felt like I needed to contribute to the site so I started to skin ! Then came along my Black Cat mod conversion, then Pixie !

I'm still a beginner and I'm still learning on how to do stuff, but I'm starting off small then I'll probably go onto bigger projects! :D

I can't believe how many people have already posted on here :)

@Me I actually have seen things from Marvel Mods on Wikipedia and similar sites aswell I think its pretty cool.

I remember I found my way here by youtube when I was just looking Marvel Ultimate Alliance stuff and it should similar videos and some of them were of character mods, and It amazed me so I kept watching and found one that had a link to here and here I came!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS