Marvel NOW! Relaunch

Started by Tony Stark, October 12, 2012, 07:50PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Haha we're all good then cause we can apparently not play well with others well together(??? It's too late here to know if that made any sense or not)

QuoteIt'd be like taking Batman and turning the gray into green.

Ooops...
...I'm...I'm...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...
Anyways yeah I do get what your saying about changing iconic costumes drastically (like the green Batman example,) but I don't see the blue to black as that big of a change. I mean if you look at a lot of comics over the years, a lot of artists make the blue so dark it's almost (or actually is) black in some cases. I personally think red's the more iconic color to look out for. It's what pops in his costume to begin with and it's what's on his head when artists or promoters use only headshots to show the character. And the majority of spiderman redesigns (including fan ones), even if they play with the blue theme, keep the red. Not saying all the redesigns or new costumes have to or do include red (or that any "good" redesign/new costume has to include red), just saying it's more "iconic" to his character than the blue. Again all of this is my humble opinion XD

@DeeDooo

Kind of like what batwoman wears ? The reeeeed

I find red and black overused a bit :D Nightwing and Batwoman already has it, let good ol' Bats stay with grey and black (Maybe a bit blue) :D BTW, Just to to stay with the topic, I start to believe in this whole Marvel NOW! thing, even though I have a feeling, that it's only purpose is to make everything more like the movies (Like "Nick Fury Jr." who looks just like the Ultimate/Movie version. I'm still more of a fan of the veteran white guy)

TWO Nick Furys, now that would be cool. It'd be like Fury Jr. trying to meet his dad's expectations or something. Whatever happens to Fury Sr. now though?

Well, seeing how popular are the movies, they will either "retire" him from the comics for a while or just kill him off. Anything, just so the people, who only Nick Jr., can be happy.

I thought these were cool drawings.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

They look awesome actually

Can't wait to see Jean in action. Her telepathy will activate early on in the series (I believe in a battle against Magneto and Cyclops). Also she'll have some more interaction with some of the younger students including Hope.

I heard she also becomes a bit close to Kitty, which makes me happy because Kitty and Jean are my favorite characters!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on October 25, 2012, 06:17PM
I heard she also becomes a bit close to Kitty, which makes me happy because Kitty and Jean are my favorite characters!
It's funny because Kitty and Jean have had some tense moments in the past ;)

Although it didn't happen, in What if, she technically killed Kitty.

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on October 25, 2012, 06:24PM
Although it didn't happen, in What if, she technically killed Kitty.

Haha that too. But in X-Treme X-Men 19 they don't exactly get along. You should check it out lol.

Too bad it's probably not true, but has anyone heard the rumor of who the new Spider-Man may be? None other than Miguel O'Hara aka "Spider-Man 2099"
I mean it kind of makes sense if you think about it; the talons on the fingers and feet that allow him to wall crawl (2099 had those very same talons), the less "friendly" and chatty attitude (another S-Man trait), etc.
Now this I would have no problem with, Miguel taking over the Spider-Man mantle....again. I loved him the the Beenox games. So I'm crossing my fingers it's true.

Quote from: mj fan on October 21, 2012, 11:58AM

Keep your dirty hands off her!! Poor Jean That's exactly what i don't want to see! I always liked Jean and I don't want Emma to take her revenge. That's just not fair this Jean is young with less experience, Hope she won't act like a bragger.
I don't want Emma to beat Jean @Oh Yeah many things to say.. now i'm like
_Me:"Jean?
_Yes!
_NO you aren't Jean! Not the one I knew.. Get out of my way!!" xD
(Yep I had to use this one : P)

Anyway I haven't voted in the poll yet cause i am still puzzled now..

That's a teaser for First to Last, an event that occurred a year or two back. Nothing to do with Marvel NOW!. And why would Emma want revenge? She has absolutely nothing to blame Jean for (unless you count Scott ;) ) Seriously, Emma owes Jean (and Sebastian Shaw) practically everything her current life has to offer. If anyone has to inflict "revenge," I think Jean would be the rightful one. Luckily Jean will be getting her telepathy back and Bendis said she won't be a weakling but one of the more powerful members. The interesting thing will be to see her develop her powers.