Show your Art (Drawings, Music, Videos, Micro Heroes, Graphic Art.. etc)

Started by Midnightphoenix, October 24, 2012, 04:46PM

Previous topic - Next topic
That is awesome MUALover! It looks very professional and well done!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on February 23, 2013, 08:43PM
That is awesome MUALover! It looks very professional and well done!

Thank you, midnightphoenix! I thought it was very amateur.. :)
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

3 more videos!, well that I posting, on my computer I made a lot, but here they are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4wOYL1om50&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rizI9AXX5Vk&feature=youtu.be I have what fox told me to make on my channel but don't feel like posting it here cause I sometimes feel stupid when putting up outdated stuff.

Well art and the aspiration to become a comicbook artist has become the reason i've been absent from the site but here are some pieces i go proud with

Btw i've started a x-men fan comic project!if someone is interested check out my deviantart page on mah signature
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

@ the master$$$,

Your work is better than some of the professional artists I've seen in the comics.  Excellent!
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Your art looks amazing! I have seen it on Deviantart several times!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

wow i really like it,
its so profissional
good job the master

Overall the images you've posted here are promising.
I'm going to be a bit critical here, so please don't be discouraged if I point out what to me seem like weaknesses.
I don't do this to get you to stop, or to hurt your feelings, I do it so you will do more, and better work.

What is strong;
your face work, both in terms of each character having a distinctive look and face shape, but also in your presentation of different facial expressions.

The sense of movement and action is pretty good. Cyclops using his beam and Rogue punching are very well done.

Storytelling, page layout and design are all good. A simple narrative flow makes it easy to follow, and the body language in the last panel means we know that the figure in shadow is not an enemy, even if we don't read the captions.

The overall writing and dialogue is strong. Each character seems to have a distinct "voice" or way of speaking. And you manage to convey some character interaction and a sense of who each person is and how they relate to one another in just a few panels, which is excellent storytelling, and good writing.

What is weak:
Anatomy. The human body is a complex, complicated shape, and not easy to draw. You've got a nice style of drawing that is quite "cartoon-y", rather than "photorealistic", and it suits the type of comics you show here.
But a cartoon style still needs to accurately portray a body, even if its a bit exaggerated.
I would suggest buying or downloading an anatomy book, and begin copying figures and body parts from it. The more you do this, the more it becomes second nature to draw figures. Once your proportions and shapes are good you can work on putting figures into other poses.
This is stuff every artist does (and you may already be doing it yourself anyway, in which case, keep up the good work).

To be specific on what is weak, in the first panel Wolverine's arms.
His left arm is foreshortened so much that he seems to have no left hand at all. His right arm is also not great. Cyclop's right arm in panel one is much better executed, as is Rogue's left arm in panel two. In other panels you have characters arms foreshortened or hidden, and need to move away from relying on this. You can draw arms well. You've shown that, so keep doing what works, but keep working on the poses that are weaker, think about what you are trying to convey. Try doing the poses yourself and looking in a mirror, or use a webcam to capture an image of yourself or someone else in such a pose, and draw from that.

Feet, in every panel.
You seem to go out of your way to pose figures so that their feet either don't appear or are cropped out of the panel.
If you find them hard to draw, it's because they ARE hard to draw, as are hands. You will only get better by gritting your teeth and drawing them as much as possible, rather than trying to hide a weakness in your art by never trying to draw them.
Look at other comic artists' portrayal of feet. Take a comic book and go through it and copy out every drawing of a foot onto a piece of paper. Study what they look like from the sides, the back, the top. Again, repetition is the key to success.
Better yet, draw from real feet. Fill pages of sketchbooks with just pictures of your feet, your friends and family's feet, etc.
No artist was ever born already able to do this stuff, everybody learns it.

Last bit of criticism is not about the art:
Spelling. And/or typos. In panel one Wolverine says "Relaxs" the "s" needs removing, in panel three Beast (I assume) says "precentualy", I think that you might have meant meant him to say "percentually", but that isn't really a proper word either. "percentual" is a word, but "percentually" is not really a proper word, at least not in any on line dictionary I've looked in so far.
Neither are terrible, awful mistakes. I suspect that they were just typos that slipped past you, as typos slip past us all. This is why publishing businesses employ editors, to catch this stuff.

So, after all my negative, critical comments, I want to make sure that you understand that I think that your work shows a great deal of promise and potential.
You've obviously worked hard on it, and if you continue to do so, you should improve even more, and produce even better work.
It's a good start in many ways.
Don't let my observations and comments discourage you from making more art or from showing it.
I hope that you are getting enough positive feedback and encouragement that a few critical words will not dent your confidence.
Criticism is what makes our art better, if we listen to it and learn from it.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks guys i really apreciate your comments!Expecialy thanks tommyboy! Realy high level critiscism(your good ;) )
Some of the things like anathomy and lettering are in continuos improvement(even if not too noticable) every time i get the chance anyway. :D I will reach a good enough level of crafting and other comic related atributes to try and get in the comic world!But until then,well....improvement!
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

Cyclops looks really good! I really like his head/ face. For me I hate drawing faces side ways because they never come out looking good at all, but yours came out fantastic!

I really like the Jean and Cyclops drawing too!

I am really sorry if none of my art here is Marvel related. I couldn't find my old drawings.

This is the finished version of knifefightfinaldrawingweb.png (I don't remember if I posted the finished piece):

This scene takes place in the song "Keep Quiet" from The Protomen's Act II album, The Father of Death. The boy in the left is Joe, and the thing in the right is a sniper robot, Dr. Wily's assassin. Dr. Wily is the main villain.

This drawing was made by Mario Jr. of the SMBX Brazil forums, it's supposed to represent me. I colored it.

The text says "Sometimes I think I'm the only normal user."

This is The Protomen's vision of Megaman. I titled this piece "The One with the Will", referring to Act I's fourth song, "Will of One".