RESOURCE BACKUP DATABASE

Started by Tony Stark, January 15, 2013, 08:31PM

Previous topic - Next topic

to anybody who is looking for xmlcui

The Xmlcui [tony]  provided is a bad copy. it's missing files. and doesn't work and caused me to reinstall my game twice due to confusion  -_-

thankfully Lars provided a link to all the tools, including XMLCUI,

if you're looking for a copy of it
since the site is gone forever, that's your best bet.

there is no other place on the internet except here (and filehosting sites) to get a copy. and unless you want to deal with Heroselect. (which i can't figure out for the life of me), then just download the xmlcui tool from the backup folders containing all tools.

it's version 1.0 but it works.

just go a page back and you'll see the link Lars provided :)

Wow. You do realize all this Marvel Mods stuff is for free right? And the forum members just want to help to keep the site alive?
Nobody will on purpose supply bad files; people here supply resources, creativity, art; all that without asking anything in reward. You can't be so rude, don't bring your frustration on others.
If a link doesn't work or the tool is not working you should just make people notice it, and apparently others already have pointed out, so why are you mad about?.

Well, that's just rude. We have a great community here. As Julio said, it's all for free, and that's amazing IMO, so please don't be like this.

Can anyone pass along a cracked exe? I lost mine while reinstalling and the link I used to use no longer works

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on May 10, 2018, 04:15PM
Can anyone pass along a cracked exe? I lost mine while reinstalling and the link I used to use no longer works

Game exe or a tool's exe?

Anyone able to get 3ds max 4.2 working on win 10 64bit? Im stuck at the update part because mines can't seem to run the setup.exe in the update folder.

Quote from: MarbelMan on May 20, 2018, 09:29PM
Anyone able to get 3ds max 4.2 working on win 10 64bit? Im stuck at the update part because mines can't seem to run the setup.exe in the update folder.

You can try XP compatibility mode but you're most likely going to have to run it in an XP VM. Try VMLite XP Mode.

Quote from: Tony Stark on May 20, 2018, 11:30PM
...you're most likely going to have to run it in an XP VM. Try VMLite XP Mode.

This.
It's how I've got it running, and it's working fine.
VMLite is free, and pretty easy to set up, and is Sooooo much easier than a multi-O/S, multi-boot system.

There is a problem with the c-dilla licencing software that Max 4 and 5 use, and the problem is both with newer operating systems like win10, but also with any non-IDE hard drives (ie SATA), as it writes a small bit of code into the boot sector of the drive, which can't happen in Win 10, and goes in a different place on a SATA drive.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on May 20, 2018, 11:39PM
This.
It's how I've got it running, and it's working fine.
VMLite is free, and pretty easy to set up, and is Sooooo much easier than a multi-O/S, multi-boot system.

There is a problem with the c-dilla licencing software that Max 4 and 5 use, and the problem is both with newer operating systems like win10, but also with any non-IDE hard drives (ie SATA), as it writes a small bit of code into the boot sector of the drive, which can't happen in Win 10, and goes in a different place on a SATA drive.

I need to remember to upload a copy of VMLite XP Mode just in case the website ever goes away.

A couple days late, but wanted to say thanks for the help. really appreciate it!

Quote from: MarbelMan on May 26, 2018, 04:22PM
A couple days late, but wanted to say thanks for the help. really appreciate it!

Happy to help!

Uploaded a new copy of SkinnerUI as a setup exe, with the required System DLLs and TextureFinders in the folder, since the old exe I uploaded was somehow flagged.

Also uploaded a copy of the installer for VMLite XP Mode, which is great for running 3DS Max 4.2 on a modern PC.