Map Editing

Started by brandonmeek, January 31, 2013, 05:30PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: brandonmeek on February 09, 2013, 05:09PM

... so, xml2 maps are compatible with mua....

Ok, Stash menu works. Copy and past the file stash.engb and stash xmlb and pasted them into mua directory, got the menu screen for items.....ok, looks like i got some stuff to keep me busy :)

If you have xml2, i really really encourage you all to try stuff

These discoveries are really huge!
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

I keep forgetting that the modders now are a whole new generation. Back in the day it was well known that all XML1 and XML2 maps worked in MUA (with minor modifications), and that MUA PS2 maps worked in XML2 PC.

Oh no!  I hope we're not just "reinventing the wheel."

I remember reading something about the maps, but getting the stash working is something new, I believe.

The only reason I knew the maps were compatible were because I "merged" all of the xml2 files with the mua files. I had figured that the only reason my maps worked from xml2 was because I had copied the textures, models, etc etc.......But that so far isn't the case. It seems to me that mua basically has all the components of xml2. For example, the model used in xml2 for the stash box, is not used at all in MUA, BUUUUUUUUUT, when loading the map into mua, it comes up. So i checked the map xmlb, and looked up the model it was using and it was in the mua folders. I guess it is not so surprising to everyone else, but seemed weird to me. I'm not sure what this opens up, I really don't want to re-invent the wheel, the first time was hard enough. lol
Anyway, since I can use the "base" maps from xml2, and include them in my mods i'll release, i'm going to be doing that. But that means I have to start them all over, not a big deal i'm getting really good at it.

But more importantly, does this mean that since all the elements needed for models and animations to work are already there, what other things are there, just not used, like the stash box. I'll be trying to get that to work when I change my hall of heroes. Anyway, check my workbench in next week I should have a couple new maps up by friday. IF the stash and dangerroom works it will be AWESOME!!!!!

Quote from: Hyperman360 on February 09, 2013, 03:36PM
Marvintage did mention he had a new hub for another act going at some point; it was the X-Mansion from XML2?

Yes. I used the XML2 mansion and I tried to connect it with Norrin Radd's Wolverine/Sabertooth duel. I got as far as an npc giving the mission but I forgot what was not working.

Quote from: Marvintage on February 11, 2013, 08:12AM
Yes. I used the XML2 mansion and I tried to connect it with Norrin Radd's Wolverine/Sabertooth duel. I got as far as an npc giving the mission but I forgot what was not working.

Can't hurt to try again! :D

There is really no point in getting the stash working, i think i just got excited about it working in the first place. lol.
Interesting that the comic missions, and reviews, and all the other things with the exception of briefings works.
As far as connecting to maps, that is no problem at all. I can connect to any map i want, custom or in game.

Quote from: brandonmeek on February 12, 2013, 08:24AM
There is really no point in getting the stash working, i think i just got excited about it working in the first place. lol.
Interesting that the comic missions, and reviews, and all the other things with the exception of briefings works.
As far as connecting to maps, that is no problem at all. I can connect to any map i want, custom or in game.

I was looking forward to the stash.  I thought it would be a nice addition to the game.