360 Mod (brainstorming only)

Started by Teancum, February 19, 2013, 09:00AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 19, 2013, 09:00AM Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 07:42PM by Teancum
I recently did some PC repair work and instead of money in exchange I got a JTAG 360. Rather that post this as a private Google doc I'm putting my ideas down on Marvelmods paper. Right now I'm assuming that the 360 version can do everything the PC version can, but can also have 34 characters (#34 being the defaultman replacement). What you see below is likely non-negotiable should I actually get time to mod and have it successfully running, but comments are welcome should you desire.

GENERAL FEATURES

• 34 characters, with some character replacements
  • Various boosters/mods for certain heroes
  • 5th and 6th skins, with all passives moved to the main power set (this eliminates the 5/6 skin no-passives issue)
  • Story fixes/updates

REPLACED/NEW CHARACTERS (based on Gold Edition)

• :gambit: Gambit - replaces Dr Doom
  • :warmachine: War Machine - replaces Nick Fury
  • :namor: Namor - secret 34th slot

BOOSTERS

• Black Panther - Tien shinhan's booster
  • Blade - add MUA2 powers
  • Captain America - add MUA2 powers
  • Cyclops - add MUA2 powers
  • Daredevil - Iammingy's booster
  • Deadpool - add MUA2 powers
  • Gambit - BliZZ's mod, add MUA2 powers
  • Ghost Rider - Tien shinhan's booster
  • Hulk - add MUA2 powers
  • Human Torch - add MUA2 powers
  • Iceman - Marvintage's booster
  • Invisible Woman - Iammingy's booster
  • Iron Man - add MUA2 powers
  • Moon Knight - Iammingy's booster
  • Mr. Fantastic - Cate's blocking booster, add MUA2 powers
  • Ms. Marvel - add MUA2 powers
  • Nightcrawler - add XML2 powers
  • Spiderman - Symbiote now a boost, the symbiote you see is based on the current costume
  • Spider-Woman - MarvelFan12345' booster
  • Storm
  • Thing - add MUA2 powers
  • Thor  - MarvelFan12345' booster, add MUA2 powers
  • War Machine - Teancum's mod
  • Wolverine - add MUA2 powers

UPDATED SKINS

• Ghost Rider - Danny Ketch replaces cowboy
  • Silver Centurion (replaces War Machine)
  • Moon Knight - Retro
  • Silver Surfer - Skins 2-4 are "stacked" characters, TBD --- maybe Captain Britain, Vision, and ??

STORY FIXES/UPDATES

• Hulk unlocks after defeating MODOK. Though Banner says "I'm no superhero", maybe he's just wary of Hulking out, and the situation finally convinces him to do so. If possible it would be cool to have Hulk show up prior to the MODOK fight.
  • "You're the real Cyclops, aren't you" line will be removed. Not going to try to fix canon more than that (like in the cutscene), but at least that leaves it to player interpretation then.
  • Somehow Nightcrawler will live if you save Jean. Maybe modify the Mephisto boss fight so that he escapes with the team. He'd then unlock. If you save him, he unlocks at that point. The dynamic story ending would remove his little piece
  • Gambit, the ultimate thief, can pick the lock on Dr. Strange's bedroom
  • Unique conversations where possible for all new characters
  • Duplicate boss fight replacements. Never fight the same boss twice

NOTES

• Animations from XML1/XML2/MUA on Xbox/PS2 work, as well as MUA2 Wii
  • Custom rigged models do work with the correct export settings and Alchemy 5
  • XML1-MUA1 models from anything but 360 do not work
  • Custom boltons do not work
  • Non-360 sounds do not work

That is a great idea!! Altough, I don't have an XBOX 360, but I'm sure it would be very awesome! ;) The special character for my choice is, Crystal, or Pyro, or Scarlet Witch. ;)
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Kinda off-topic, but I've never really understood Scarlet Witch's powers. It ends up coming off to me as "we can do whatever we come up with" in regards to her. It's like hex powers == do anything unexplainable.

Quote from: Teancum on February 19, 2013, 09:16AM
Kinda off-topic, but I've never really understood Scarlet Witch's powers. It ends up coming off to me as "we can do whatever we come up with" in regards to her. It's like hex powers == do anything unexplainable.

You can make a new powerset for her from scratch, if you want. Her attacks would be 'pinky' magical attacks, not only hex powers, since she is a witch. Sorry for being off-topic. That would be great to see her in XBOX edition of the game. :)
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Can we mod the 360 version? That is the version of the game I started with and I really enjoy playing from my couch instead of my computer desk.

I would suggest Psylocke for the secret slot. She's a scantily-clad psychic ninja, she's a bad-ass, and if you team her with Wolverine, Deadpool, and Nightcrawler (AoA X-Force skin), you have Uncanny X-Force, which can be a team bonus.

I have a 360, but didn't JTAG it. This is an interesting project. Good luck with that.

You've got some cool storylines planned.  I especially like Gambit's being able to unlock Dr. Strange's bedroom door.

For the last slot, I like both Captain Marvel and Namor.  It's tough to choose between them.  There's so many others -- did you consider Vision, Giant Man, Wasp, Black Bolt, or Angel?
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

February 20, 2013, 09:46AM #7 Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:09AM by Teancum
Great comments, guys. Glad to see there's interest, even if my actual player base might be really small. I've also thought about pulling Black Cat (have to play the mod first to see how good it is) from the lineup, which would fill all 34 slots.

Quote from: EpicNinja on February 19, 2013, 08:32PMCan we mod the 360 version? That is the version of the game I started with and I really enjoy playing from my couch instead of my computer desk.

Yes, but the console itself has to be modified, too. I got a RGH modded console (it dual boots to retail/modded modes) in exchange for some PC repair work I did.

Quote from: Outsider on February 19, 2013, 09:31PM
I would suggest Psylocke for the secret slot. She's a scantily-clad psychic ninja, she's a bad-ass, and if you team her with Wolverine, Deadpool, and Nightcrawler (AoA X-Force skin), you have Uncanny X-Force, which can be a team bonus.

I have a 360, but didn't JTAG it. This is an interesting project. Good luck with that.

I thought about Psylocke, but it's yet another one of the X-Men, and with Gambit and Rogue (as a Ms. Marvel costume) I've got 7 already. I figured someone non-mutant and non-Avenger might balance things out. That's why I lean toward Namor. He's been affiliated with the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Avengers, but is no longer really a big part of any.

Quote from: fox456 on February 19, 2013, 10:17PMFor the last slot, I like both Captain Marvel and Namor.  It's tough to choose between them.  There's so many others -- did you consider Vision, Giant Man, Wasp, Black Bolt, or Angel?

Angel was really the only one I had considered. I'm big on not breaking the story, which is why Hulk unlocks after Omega Base, Nightcrawler would get a story fix, Cyclops too, etc. Vision has so many spoken lines and plays a pretty big part in the game, otherwise I'd use him. Namor effectively disappears after Atlantis, meaning he could unlock at some point during that mission or after.

Could always us Valkyrie as an Unlockable Character once you find Dragonfang :) (I've already got most of that script done for my mod I'm doing. Still testing some things.)

Well, I can now confirm that any mods will have to be JTAG DLC. MUA 360 doesn't like to run in an open folder format like the PC, but it runs great as a JTAG Games on Demand. Mods are still possible this way (there are lots for Fallout 3), it just makes the process slower.

February 22, 2013, 11:06AM #10 Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:10AM by LarsAlexandersson
Quote from: Teancum on February 22, 2013, 08:42AM
Well, I can now confirm that any mods will have to be JTAG DLC. MUA 360 doesn't like to run in an open folder format like the PC, but it runs great as a JTAG Games on Demand. Mods are still possible this way (there are lots for Fallout 3), it just makes the process slower.

Sounds similarly to PS3's jailbreak to me :|

Edit: For me, rather keep the villains & Nick Fury in the spot. Perhaps the Secret Slot would the PSP characters (mainly Black Widow for instance), as well as an agile/acrobatic characters should do a flip jump (made by me from credits to Teancum for MUA2 Cap's fightstyle), if we choose Maggy (both Jean & NC are saved) (all thx to Dark_Mark for his individual Magneto mods), Mid-Height enemy (such as boss) characters boss resistance removed (all thx to Blaw forhis  npcstat realism mod) characters MUA2 & original comic's powers suits fine.
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Yeah, but who would want to play MUA on an inferior console?  :laugh:

i would say drop black cat; keep nick fury in the lineup. for the secret character, maybe an unlockable namor or blackbolt (late in the game of course). although i like captain marvel better than namor, it makes more sense to have namor

That's one I'll pass on, thanks. Nick Fury is toast, especially considering he and Punisher are close enough I can just make a skin on Punisher as Nick Fury.

I like the idea of fixing people into being unlocked. Such as Hulk joining the team post saving Banner. I'm so used to just assuming most of the enemies/NPCs are clones/LMDs/evil future selfs due to mods i'm kind of don't care, but i think his idea for this is still pretty good.

The other pretty easy ones to use would be:

-Saving either Nightcrawler of Jean Grey could unlock them. Or if you could write in a way like the Magneto mod to save both then both will join you when you leave Mephisto's realm since they are both needed for that new end battle scene with Mephisto.

- Namor joining the team if you chose to heal him.

- Blackbolt joining the team after the Skrull mission. If i remember don't the Fantastic Four have a special dialouge with him saying they'll go save the rest of the Inhumans from Doom? Maybe use that to unlock him as he agrees to go help?

-The only other one hopping out at me that would work like that would be Valkyrie. But her mod for PC is basic and EpicNinja hasn't released his work yet, and she is no doubt the least popular of this list of five, but she could be an option after getting Dragonfang.

As far as saving the two heroes, without Magneto i would say your next best option would be Mr Fantastic to stretch to grab them both.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way