The Outsider's Crypt (contains 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Could the mysterious character be :sleep: walker?
Although he wasn't around in the 80's

More interesting guesses. Though to be fair, I didn't say the character was around in the 80's, I said those who grew up with Marvel in the 80's and 90's (meaning your age) would know who he is. I doubt younger people would know who the mystery hero is. Still, I can see how that hint may have been misleading.

On a different subject, that was one hell of a Super Bowl!!!! Great game all around. I'm a New York Giants fan, so I dislike both teams, but I'm glad the Eagles won, as all of the Patriots fans I know are basically Brady brown-nosers. Very annoying.

As a Bucs fan, I can't really stand either, but I'd rather have the Eagles win than the cheater patriots

I'm a Colts fan, so any day New England loses is a win for me.

Great!!! A classic Character, I´m gonna try it later.  Thanks for your work!

February 10, 2018, 04:18AM #1311 Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 05:09AM by Outsider
Quote from: Rodrigo79 on February 08, 2018, 10:15AM
Great!!! A classic Character, I´m gonna try it later.  Thanks for your work!

Good to hear. I hope the password wasn't too hard to figure out. If anyone wishes to provide feedback on the secret mod that was released, feel free to -- just don't mention the character's name.

So, who's next? Well originally, it was going to be Goro of Mortal Kombat -- but before I create him and go back to MK, I think there is a Marvel hero that has been ignored for far too long, and deserves a chance. However, it all depends on whether or not I can successfully pull off the character's skin myself. If I do, this Marvel hero will be revealed, as it's not a secret mod. Stay tuned.

EDIT: Does anyone know if it's possible to reduce the size of the Thing's official mannequin through hex-editing? It's far too big, and I'm trying to eliminate the annoying menulocation #23 altogether by having the Thing at another spot. This is why I haven't updated the 28 Roster Limit Hack yet.

I think you should go for the Marvel character. If you need help with the skin, I have a free afternoon tonight.

I'm still excited for Goro, but I understand wanting to pay tribute to things that are overlooked and underrated.

As for your newest secret mod, I've found them really enjoyable. Without spoiling the surprise of who they are, I will say it's a Marvel character I never heard of before, who debuted in a time where they were very unique in that era of comics. In fact, they're so interesting that I want to check out their entire series if I ever get a chance :)

Quote from: Outsider on February 10, 2018, 04:18AM
Does anyone know if it's possible to reduce the size of the Thing's official mannequin through hex-editing? It's far too big, and I'm trying to eliminate the annoying menulocation #23 altogether by having the Thing at another spot. This is why I haven't updated the 28 Roster Limit Hack yet.

I know it's possible to resize custom models using Alchemy Finalizer (keep this in mind), maybe it would work with native models as well; If not, the only route left would be making a new mannequin for him...

However, I came up with a rather unorthodox solution for your Thing mannequin problem... check your PMs in the next few moments! :king: (evil laugh)
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

So, BaconWizard17 volunteered to skin for my next Marvel character mod -- which is good, because as we all know, I'm not that quick when it comes to skins. And, because it's not considered a secret mod, you won't have to wait for its reveal. Click on my signature question mark below to find out just who my next Marvel character is... I think you'll find this hero to be a long overdue welcome addition.

Quote from: TheMK on February 10, 2018, 08:32AM
As for your newest secret mod, I've found them really enjoyable. Without spoiling the surprise of who they are, I will say it's a Marvel character I never heard of before, who debuted in a time where they were very unique in that era of comics. In fact, they're so interesting that I want to check out their entire series if I ever get a chance :)

Good to hear that you dig the secret mod. And, thankfully, the password doesn't seem all that hard to find.

Quote from: Maegawa on February 10, 2018, 01:08PM
However, I came up with a rather unorthodox solution for your Thing mannequin problem... check your PMs in the next few moments! :king: (evil laugh)

Ok, sounds good. I'll keep a lookout.

Finally! I always like having a team with at least one big guy and X-Factor was missing that. Someone I've always wanted in MUA too.

Wouldnt say he was forgotten, and thought he'd be mentioned a lot more around here lol. But great character!  Long overdue
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Johnny Crazy on February 10, 2018, 05:46PM
Finally! I always like having a team with at least one big guy and X-Factor was missing that. Someone I've always wanted in MUA too.
Quote from: jaybird on February 10, 2018, 08:33PM
https://youtu.be/pZwYWYuqbj8

Thanks for that, fellas. He's being released right now...

Quote from: Polygone on February 12, 2018, 02:57PM
Wouldnt say he was forgotten, and thought he'd be mentioned a lot more around here lol. But great character!  Long overdue

Not sure if you're referring to Strong Guy or the secret mod I released. No, I wouldn't say Strong Guy was forgotten, but he is long overdue.