The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Outsider on July 05, 2013, 08:32PM
@MUALover - Nah, I don't have a preview video due to lack of time, but I've heard that you've made some if I'm not mistaken. If you'd like to, feel free.

Hmm, I think I can make one soon ;) BTW, Can't wait to play them! :3
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

I haven't posted in some time (had to take a break from tinkering around with my MUA roster, stats & stuff) but I still meant to thank you for doing some work on Beast. He really needed a couple of new, fitting moves and I'm happy that you were able to give him some proper ones.
I especially like the smart counter move, and his new boost suits him way better than the old ones. (I'm not sure if I'd like him running around sticking foes with a syringe but I might rename that power to have him strike at a sensitive spot/nerves or something).

Incidentally, is it a normal thing of the existing mod that:
-'bowling ball' does nothing like him curling into a ball, but rather have him do an unnatural slide forward followed by a Black Panther-like strike?
-'propeller kick' is simply one kick followed by an effect of spinning claws?
These questions aren't really directed at you, since I know you weren't behind the original mod, but I'm more wondering if my files make him do stuff that others aren't seeing. Those two moves are part of why I always considered his existing mod to be broken.

Quote from: Hobgoblin on July 08, 2013, 12:01PM
I haven't posted in some time (had to take a break from tinkering around with my MUA roster, stats & stuff) but I still meant to thank you for doing some work on Beast. He really needed a couple of new, fitting moves and I'm happy that you were able to give him some proper ones.
I especially like the smart counter move, and his new boost suits him way better than the old ones. (I'm not sure if I'd like him running around sticking foes with a syringe but I might rename that power to have him strike at a sensitive spot/nerves or something).

Incidentally, is it a normal thing of the existing mod that:
-'bowling ball' does nothing like him curling into a ball, but rather have him do an unnatural slide forward followed by a Black Panther-like strike?
-'propeller kick' is simply one kick followed by an effect of spinning claws?
These questions aren't really directed at you, since I know you weren't behind the original mod, but I'm more wondering if my files make him do stuff that others aren't seeing. Those two moves are part of why I always considered his existing mod to be broken.

Thanks for that. Yeah, I admit the syringe thing is unorthodox - just wanted to promote the idea that he is a doctor that uses his brain as well as his brawn. I tend to imagine the syringe is connected to his belt.

As for the original mod, nope the original Beast wasn't meant to do those things. That didn't happen before I began working on him. Not sure what could be doing that. One person recently had a problem because he didn't have the latest OC pack, so check and see if yours is the latest, as that sounds like an animation problem.

Wha-huh?! Thanks for the info! I was always pretty sure that I had the most recent files (had no issues with any other mods) but apparently I might be in need of an update after all! And I think I might have to take back everything I ever said about the Beast mod... (except obviously compliments towards your booster, I certainly agree that his big brain needed more of an emphasis).

Okay, it turned out that, for some reason, I had an outdated 190_beast.igb... everything's fine now! And Beast, one of my very fave Avengers, actually turns out to be a fully playable and fun mod, especially with your booster. Thanks again!

...and while I'm checking on your boosts, am I correct that a couple of Hank Pym's mannequin's have some strange black shading going on when you change to their costumes on the selection screen (like the Yellowjacket skin)? Or do I have other issues of outdated files...?

Quote from: Hobgoblin on July 09, 2013, 08:13AM
Okay, it turned out that, for some reason, I had an outdated 190_beast.igb... everything's fine now! And Beast, one of my very fave Avengers, actually turns out to be a fully playable and fun mod, especially with your booster. Thanks again!

...and while I'm checking on your boosts, am I correct that a couple of Hank Pym's mannequin's have some strange black shading going on when you change to their costumes on the selection screen (like the Yellowjacket skin)? Or do I have other issues of outdated files...?

Good to hear that Beast is working. As for Pym, I can't check at current time, as Hank Pym isn't currently on my roster. If you saw black shading coming from the skins or mannequins, that's an issue I can't fix, as I'm no skinner. As you know, Hank Pym was a remix of Scabbia's Giant Man. You could check his post, as maybe someone noticed that same thing. If no one did, then maybe something else of yours is indeed outdated.

July 11, 2013, 08:08PM #96 Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 10:24PM by Outsider
SCORPION

One of the most requested mods, MacDonald Gargan, the :scorpion: Scorpion is now playable. A member of the Sinister Six who is fueled with hatred over Spider-Man and J. Jonah Jameson, his rage just boils over. Now thanks to the awesome one (that's me BTW), you can now play as the 6 ft tailed menace. Scorpion's moveset is simple but fun, and uses radiation effects as "acid." Dark Spider-Man should watch out.

UPDATE: Changed some combat anims.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 3 boosts, and an Xtreme, including powers from his in-game boss counterpart.
-4 skins, 4 HUDs, icons, 2 mannequins, loading screen, sound/voice file.
-Also uses his in-game skins & HUDs.
-Knockback move now uses his tail, and doesn't require holding.
-New herostat.
-Uses his in-game assigned number #40.

MOVESET:
1. Laser Pierce (Quick laser from his tail. From boss counterpart.)
2. Feel The Sting (Stings and burns an enemy at close range with acid.)
3. Power Crush (Pounds his 6 ft. tail into the ground, causing radial damage. From boss counterpart.)
4. Acid Blast (Fires a projectile of potent acid at an enemy, burning away his health.)
5. Spidey Destroyer (High impact laser from his tail that can pierce multiple enemies.)
6. (Boost) Acid Overload (Surrounds himself with acid, burns enemies near him. From Polygone's mini-booster)
7. (Boost) Raging Stamina (Team boost that increases their defense.)
8. (Boost) Gargan's Revenge (Gains higher melee damage and moves faster.)
9. (Xtreme) Spider Killer (Releases an overwhelming amount of acid all over the screen.)

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, icons, loading screen, sounds, etc.
Polygone - Initial mini-booster
UltraMegaMagnus - Future Fight skin & HUD, Mannequin, fixed animations
Lionsden99 - Ultimate and Animated Series skins
Andersonbrazil - Monster skin
Julio Cabral - Alt Mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?7bcfugsi6s9d3tt

Wow, you're working so fast! Proud of you ^_^ Gonna test him as soon as I can get home! Keep up the good work!  :applause:
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Quote from: MUALover on July 12, 2013, 04:10AM
Wow, you're working so fast! Proud of you ^_^ Gonna test him as soon as I can get home! Keep up the good work!  :applause:
Quote from: Polygone on July 12, 2013, 06:12AM
Looks awesome :D

Thanks a lot, fellas. Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised that Scorpion didn't take long at all. I was worried about his tail animations, but it was already fine. I wanted to add a tail whip move called "Power Trip" that trips everyone in a radial attack, but his animations are very limited.

July 21, 2013, 10:06AM #100 Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 04:03PM by Outsider
SELENE (booster)

Note: This is a repost, since the original post somehow mysteriously disappeared...
This is a booster for Midnightphoenix123's mod of Selene Gallio, the Black Queen. An already great mod that had only a few issues, but why just fix her, when you can upgrade her? I've added some new powers and abilities that make her one of the most dangerous women in the Marvel Universe... or any universe. Give her a shot - you know you want to...

UPDATE: Added new sound files, a 3rd loading screen, and "Dominance" ability. Added new voice/sounds file so she won't sound like Elektra. 4th loading screen added. Fixed some distorted effects and added a blocking effect.

FEATURES:
-Renamed "Wrath of The Goddess" Xtreme to "Eternal Darkness." Renamed "Gift And Curse" as "Blessing & Curse."
-New Power: Demonic Spell - Turns enemies into a winged demon and controls them for a time. (Replaces "Demon Spawn.")
-New Power: Wrath of The Goddess - Turns into a giant blue-skinned goddess with separate powers. (Replaces "Invisibility")
-New Ability: Invisibility - At any time, she can become invisible for 10 seconds.
-New Ability: Dominance - She can give an eerie laugh to her enemies.
-Grab Smash now works, and can drain health.
-First power now available at start.
-All icons now work.
-5 skins featured - 3 new. All hex-edited.
-New passives, new sound & voice files, and 3 new loading screens.
-New herostat.

SKINS:
The "Necrosha" skin has two versions. "A" is Aventureiromax's model (which was in the original), and "B" is Deedooo's model. Decide which one you want, rename them as 15307 & 15337 respectively, and place them in the actors folder.

CREDITS:
Outsider - New powers, new loading screens, new HUDs, new sounds, powerstyle & talent fixes, etc.
midnightphoenix123 - Original Selene mod, Black Queen skin (& blue variant)
Deedooo - Necrosha B, Nova Roma, and Bodysuit skins (& blue variants)
aventureiromax - Necrosha A skin (& blue variant)

GLITCH:
Sometimes when using "Wrath of The Goddess," Selene may change into the wrong blue skin randomly. For this reason, I could not feature six skins as it made the problem worse.

GET IT HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?qb8xpu93d9uvtub

Thanks for reposting.  I never saw the first one.  And thanks for your work this summer -- you've been VERY busy modding!  I am especially looking forward to trying out Scorpion.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on July 22, 2013, 05:25AM
Thanks for reposting.  I never saw the first one.  And thanks for your work this summer -- you've been VERY busy modding!  I am especially looking forward to trying out Scorpion.

I appreciate that, Fox. I honestly don't know how my first Selene post disappeared... I'll have some more coming up, busy I've been very busy lately, so I won't be as fast.

I can't seem to get your upgraded DP booster to work, I downloaded Nshinnosuke's booster, but DP seems to crash -_-

Btw, these igb files in your booster zip, I take it those (or at least some of those) are skins?
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Polygone on July 22, 2013, 12:37PM
I can't seem to get your upgraded DP booster to work, I downloaded Nshinnosuke's booster, but DP seems to crash -_-

Btw, these igb files in your booster zip, I take it those (or at least some of those) are skins?

Those aren't skins - they're the six loading screens I mentioned in the "Read It" file. If you put them in as skins, that must've caused the crash. Nothing else I put in the zip can cause crashes.