THE SIMS 4!

Started by Lightning249539, June 25, 2013, 07:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I wish the game came out on my birthday August 19  I would have totally buy that game once it came out I wonder why they had to release the game next year. :storm:

Quote from: Lightning249539 on August 21, 2013, 04:11PM
I wish the game came out on my birthday August 19  I would have totally buy that game once it came out I wonder why they had to release the game next year. :storm:
At the moment, the game is actually in pre-alpha. Some simmers who make youtube videos were invited to SimsCamp at Gamescom in Germany.
They played the game and the producers told them the game is still in pre-alpha.
Judging by the new CAS screenshots on the Sims 4 page in Sims Wiki, the different life stages aren't even added.
Also Create a Pattern isn't added, the developers are wondering whether they should add it in the base game or not.

Quote from: Lightning249539 on August 21, 2013, 04:11PM

Belated Happy Birthday, Lightning249539!
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

August 21, 2013, 05:37PM #48 Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:40PM by Lightning249539
Quote from: fox456 on August 21, 2013, 05:23PM
Belated Happy Birthday, Lightning249539!
THX Fox456!  :laugh:

:storm:

Today's the Sims 4 and Into the Future live broadcast.
(August 22nd, 2013) - Begins at 8am Pacific, 9am Mountain, 10am Central, 11am Eastern, 4pm BST, 5pm CEST, (Friday August 23 at 1.00am AEST)
They will be showing us more Sims 4 gameplay :D

August 22, 2013, 08:39AM #50 Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 08:49AM by White Queen
During the live broadcast, a new CAS feature was announced.
The ability to put any hair accessory on any hairstyle. No longer limited to pre-made hairstyles with accessories.

Also, no height sliders, although the devs expressed a major interest in adding it, they just decided not to because they needed to focus more on the new direct manipulation CAS.

Also a really neat mechanic/feature.
Bottoms and Shoes compatibility.

Example: If your Sim is wearing skinny jeans and boots, the boots will go over the skinny jeans. If your Sim is wearing bell bottoms and boots, the bell bottoms will go over the boots.

So no more shoes glitching with bottoms, like going through the bottoms or vice versa.

Also, your outfit will also play a part in your Sim's emotion/mood.
Like if your female Sim is on a date and she's wearing a short red dress, she will feel more confident.

Quote from: White Queen on August 22, 2013, 08:39AM
During the live broadcast, a new CAS feature was announced.
The ability to put any hair accessory on any hairstyle. No longer limited to pre-made hairstyles with accessories.

Also, no height sliders, although the devs expressed a major interest in adding it, they just decided not to because they needed to focus more on the new direct manipulation CAS.

Also a really neat mechanic/feature.
Bottoms and Shoes compatibility.

Example: If your Sim is wearing skinny jeans and boots, the boots will go over the skinny jeans. If your Sim is wearing bell bottoms and boots, the bell bottoms will go over the boots.

So no more shoes glitching with bottoms, like going through the bottoms or vice versa.

Also, your outfit will also play a part in your Sim's emotion/mood.
Like if your female Sim is on a date and she's wearing a short red dress, she will feel more confident.
THX for the info White Queen or should i say Emma Frost! :storm:

I might just get interested in this franchise again :D

I am bummed they are not adding a height slider.  So far, the "short list" of features doesn't make up for that yet.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

The new features sounds pretty good, I'm glad there wont be shoe/pant glitches, and I liked the hair accessory thing. But I have to agree with Fox. This is the Sims 4, and there is still not height slider. I don't think leaving it out once again to focus on other things is such a great idea, they should find time to make it work, I'd rather them push the release date back to make a good game, then to release it sooner and just rush everything and leave important things out.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

And btw, they might add it in a patch after the initial release of the Sims 4, just like the breast, muscle definition sliders were added to Sims 3 in later patches. While in Sims 4 those sliders will be there from the beginning.
Besides, adding a height slider will take longish time, cuz then they would need to tweak the animations ( example kissing Sims, one of them not to appear as if kissing their chin or forehead xD ), if one of them is too short or the other one too tall.

Quote from: White Queen on August 22, 2013, 05:21PM
And btw, they might add it in a patch after the initial release of the Sims 4, just like the breast, muscle definition sliders were added to Sims 3 in later patches. While in Sims 4 those sliders will be there from the beginning.
Besides, adding a height slider will take longish time, cuz then they would need to tweak the animations ( example kissing Sims, one of them not to appear as if kissing their chin or forehead xD ), if one of them is too short or the other one too tall.

To be honest though, I would be glad to wait as long as it took for them to finish the height slider if they so did decide to add it in. I just believe it is a feature that is way overdue to be put in the game, and I know it will take time, but it would be worth it in my book.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Also why cant they add rain into the game and snow like in Sims 2? Although Sims 2 did not have snow until the season expansion pack. :storm:

Quote from: Lightning249539 on August 22, 2013, 07:34PM
Also why cant they add rain into the game and snow like in Sims 2? Although Sims 2 did not have snow until the season expansion pack. :storm:

The Sims 3 had both Rain and Snow, once you bought the Seasons pack aswell. Again this is one of those things that should just be included. It is something that occurs in real life, and you should have to pay extra money to let it rain and snow.

Create-A-Sim demo from the Sims 4 and Into the Future live EA broadcast yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5GwNsc8Krc