Blackbolt Mod (COMPLETED!)

Started by Buddhabear100, August 10, 2007, 11:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 10, 2007, 11:09AM Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 10:39PM by Buddhabear100
Sorry the title of this thread is misleading. I made a craptacular mod for Black Bolt a while ago, but then I decided to do a good one. So even though he isn't complete, we still have the same thread title. He is getting close to being done, actually very little left to do. But this has been a learning experience for me and he is becoming more complete as I develop the skills necessary.

Here is what we have so far, I will update the link as more developments are made.

http://www.box.net/shared/st765bgo4w

All right got some more done. 

what we need (also will be updated as we get things taken care of)
- Xtreme needs a little touching up, I can't fix it but it still works, just give it a second
- Fourth Skin (ultimate)
- New Icons
- Loadscreen
- Added Overloads Mannequin.

August 10, 2007, 11:49AM #1 Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 11:51AM by cvc
That great can't wait to play thanks Buddhabear100  :thumbsup2:

in the herostat remove stateeffect to get fire gone.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Am I the only one getting no damage from powers?

August 12, 2007, 04:31PM #3 Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 04:40PM by Buddhabear100
I'll look into the power damage thing. Also I'll try removing the stateeffect also, but I think that just removed the fire from his feet while he is in the air, not when he starts to fly. It's like human torch's bursting into flame effect.

EDIT: I checked out the powers and all of the powers do damage except power 1. I have no idea how to fix this, I'll tinker around. If any of you know how to fix it let me know.

is there some1 still working on blackbolt? tweaking or making improvements on his powersets?

Blackbolt! Everyone's been querying about him.

There was some progress by at least one modder on other Inhumans as well.. Gorgon, Karnak, Triton.. but I haven't heard anything in a long time so I'm not sure if there are plans to release them or not.

That was krum4o, and as far as I can remember, he put the Inhumans aside to work on his Asgard mods. I don't recall him posting anything about Triton or Karnak, he left a complete Clea and a wip Gorgon. Last post about that was like two months ago, tough.

hey buddhabear are you planning on releasing a 100% black bolt mod? i mean with his master blow (maybe from luke's jab skill) and his xtreme SHOUT! :) its because black bolt's current powerset is taken directly from iron man.

I had some help and updated the mod with out the fire on his feet and the damage added, but I am TERRIBLE at modding powersets, if someone else wants to tackle it, and try and give him better attacks, especially XTREME, then be my guest. I would love to see some improvements on my mod. But this is my first mod and I'm still learning. The animations are what stopped me, every time I tried to tweak the powersets I just ruined the mod.

Serph21, can you please post my tweakings on the Blackbolt powerset that I PMed you? I am very busy these days and don't have enough time to check my Box.net acount. I hope that can help people improving this mod, because even as directly Iron Man based I thought the powers were well justified and beyond the common sonic-based BB idea.

http://www.box.net/shared/ut6exvzpuy

this is the tweaking done by boreman.
the only problem that i always run to when tweaking some mods here is about the anims. cvc told me that you can only use 1 anim set at a time. can some1 tell me how to do a mix anim or customized anim. i was thinking i would like to borrow luke's jab animation for the master blow.

Quote from: Serph21 on August 28, 2007, 11:01PM
http://www.box.net/shared/ut6exvzpuy

this is the tweaking done by boreman.
the only problem that i always run to when tweaking some mods here is about the anims. cvc told me that you can only use 1 anim set at a time. can some1 tell me how to do a mix anim or customized anim. i was thinking i would like to borrow luke's jab animation for the master blow.

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=984.0

I updated the link to contain all of boreman's tweaks. My rationale with the powers was that Blackbolt rarely uses his sonic powers, mostly it's physical or energy attacks, plus Iron Man has one attack that looks perfectly sonic. If someone wants to utilize more than one animationset ( I love the idea of Lukes Jab for Master Blow) and work on a better Xtreme, that would be great with me. Just send me the tweaks and I'll update the link.

Also I need to get rid of Ironmans audio, we can't have Blackbolt speak.

Maybe Blackbolt has a deep voice like Black Panther.

EDIT: On second thought, whenever he talks he creates devastation.