A long time ago, back in the SNES era of gaming, there was this awesome Marvel game called War Of The Gems (boy how I spent a lot of time playing it via emulators...). Based on the Infinity War comic story arc, the heroes battle their way to the Mad Titan himself, Thanos! During their journey, players have to face numerous "Evil" versions of classic Marvel heroes, such as Daredevil, Hawkeye, Vision, etc, which are the game's version of Magus' doppelgangers. One in particular always caught my attention, which is Evil Wolverine
, a pink-skinned, green-costumed, red-eyed, and of course, evil version of our beloved Wolverine!
Back to MUA, I was also bugged by the fact that we got dark versions of
, but no Dark
. Even though this mod isn't a Dark Wolverine, it is still a dark clone of Wolverine, so beware!NOTES
1. Installation instructions are included in the README.txt file.
2. I intentionally made him smaller than other characters, that's to represent Wolverine's short stature from the comics; if you want, add the scale_factor code from Evil Wolverine's npcstat to Wolverine's herostat to make him comic accurate as well...
3. If you want to switch Evil Wolverine's default PC skin for the PS2 skin, rename 0305.igb to 0305_PC.igb, and 0305_PS2.igb to 0305.igb; all this in the "actors" folder.
4. It is recommended to have the Official Characters mod
installed before any other mod.
5. This mod replaces files and requires you to edit one or more files, remember to backup any file you are replacing/editing, as I am NOT
responsible for the loss of any file.
6. The simulator mission already starts unlocked.FEATURES
- 1 new NPC: Evil Wolverine
- 1 new Simulator map: Castle Doom.
- 1 hex-edited hud.
- 2 hex-edited skins. (PC and PS2 flavors; default is PC)
- 4 powers.
- Soundtrack from the Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems SNES game!
- Unique effects.
- Unique sounds.
1. The soundtrack only plays during the intro dialogue and sometimes randomly after the game is paused.PREVIEW
- Capcom: Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems SNES game, which is where Evil Wolverine comes from.
- Maegawa: coding, hud, skins.
- TomatoisJP: original Classic Wolverine skin used as base.
- XML2 developers: Wolverine animations, coding and sounds.