MUA2 PS3 Assets

Started by MUALover, March 01, 2016, 01:19AM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 01, 2016, 01:19AM Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:56AM by MUALover
Here it is, MUA2 Assets directly ripped from PS3 version of the game.

This is not a mod. This package is for experimental uses only.

Don't install this package thinking you'll get new characters, maps, and everything, it will screw up your game.

Bandwidth warning : 2.81 GB  :jumping:

This package contains some of the major data needed for the PS3 version of the game, including the sounds.
There are some files that couldn't be extracted successfully..

For the note, the sounds located in 'sounds/temporary/ps3/wavs/' are formatless so you have to rename the files with .wavs
Example : fusion_beamshared_storm into fusion_beamshared_storm.wav

Download Link :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/305va32vjiaupkb/MUA_2_-_PS3_Files.rar

Once again, This is not a mod. This package is for experiments only.

Have fun! ;)

And, these are the screenshots of the directories, just in case.. ;)

Marvel - Ultimate Alliance 2 > packages > generated

Marvel - Ultimate Alliance 2 > sounds > temporary > ps3 > wavs
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Hello. Don't want to post anything stupid but. . .this have the actors folder? I mean the skins.

Amazing MUALover! You managed to rip all skins, including the DLCs? I started studying through of the Xentax the method to rip these files, but it is too advanced for my knowledge. I need to understand the manipulation of hexeditor program. I know only what the BLAW taught me. Thanks for the material. If there is skins in this package can be sure that I will convert them. I waited a long time for it. Thanks!

March 01, 2016, 05:22AM #3 Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 05:34AM by MUALover
Quote from: Julio Cabral on March 01, 2016, 03:31AM
Hello. Don't want to post anything stupid but. . .this have the actors folder? I mean the skins.
Yep. There are skins in the package but they are in the .igz format, so I don't know if it could be used in MUA or not.

Quote from: andersonbrazil on March 01, 2016, 03:49AM
Amazing MUALover! You managed to rip all skins, including the DLCs? I started studying through of the Xentax the method to rip these files, but it is too advanced for my knowledge. I need to understand the manipulation of hexeditor program. I know only what the BLAW taught me. Thanks for the material. If there is skins in this package can be sure that I will convert them. I waited a long time for it. Thanks!
Your welcome! :D I'm still trying to extract the DLC packages, hopefully it could be extracted..
Hexeditor is beyond my skills..  :grin_no:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Wow didn't think this version would ever show up again after the one guy started releasing all the XBox version stuff and than just disappeared. Hope someone can find a way to use it.

I think there's a way to get the models, if someone who have knowledge of cmd programs give me a hand I could try to use the hex2obj tool to export the models to obj.
The thing is that the .igz files need to be extracted to .dat files, to do that a cmd program called offzip can be used. I can't make offzip work, so I'll like to ask for help on this, I can send a sample file for testing.

An interesting discovery, indeed. With enough experimentation, it could open up almost infinite possibilities. I'm particularly curious about those .igz skins. If they can somehow be converted, then guys like Grim Reaper, Prodigy, Diamondback, Lucia von Bardas, etc may have a shot of being modded in the future. I'm no good at model conversions, but I'll certainly keep an eye on any developments...

Quote from: ndp on March 01, 2016, 08:49AM
Wow didn't think this version would ever show up again after the one guy started releasing all the XBox version stuff and than just disappeared. Hope someone can find a way to use it.
Quote from: Outsider on March 01, 2016, 05:06PM
An interesting discovery, indeed. With enough experimentation, it could open up almost infinite possibilities. I'm particularly curious about those .igz skins. If they can somehow be converted, then guys like Grim Reaper, Prodigy, Diamondback, Lucia von Bardas, etc may have a shot of being modded in the future. I'm no good at model conversions, but I'll certainly keep an eye on any developments...
Yep, that's what I hoped :D

Quote from: Julio Cabral on March 01, 2016, 05:01PM
I think there's a way to get the models, if someone who have knowledge of cmd programs give me a hand I could try to use the hex2obj tool to export the models to obj.
The thing is that the .igz files need to be extracted to .dat files, to do that a cmd program called offzip can be used. I can't make offzip work, so I'll like to ask for help on this, I can send a sample file for testing.
There's a script that will allow me to convert .igz to .dat files. I'm gonna check it out..
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Quote from: MUALover on March 02, 2016, 11:52AM
Yep, that's what I hoped :D
There's a script that will allow me to convert .igz to .dat files. I'm gonna check it out..
I have look into it and it seems that the script only work to unpack the original game files, the igz files must be extracted with something else, that's the offzip program, according to xentax users.

Here's a thread for the Xbox 360 files at Zenhax, a similar site to Xentax.

http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=432

My English is not good, but when I searched on Xentax I found a guy who opened the template from IGZ file. He used the hexdecimais data file and inserted them in hex2obj. I did not understand everything, but I think he saved the model for the obj format. The biggest problem I found was to know the hexadecimal codes. We have to study a little to master it.

Quote from: Teancum on March 02, 2016, 04:28PM
Here's a thread for the Xbox 360 files at Zenhax, a similar site to Xentax.

http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=432
Oh yeah, that did the trick. Is only matter of understanding the hex2obj program now. Thanks.
EDIT: I can upload the program and the scripts if someone else want to give it a try.

Another thread on how to extract igz and textures thingy was found, I don't really understand that much about it :
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13507
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

sorry for reviving an old thread, but.....i just found this download. after going through it, all the Powerstyles are in .muc format. after googling it, that is a music file extension. any reason why that you know of? and is it possible to get those in xmlb or engb? as far as i can see there is only 1 program out there that uses/unzips muc files, and it stated its for organizing all your music files. thanks.