For those of you that would like to know.....!

Started by cable2099, August 21, 2007, 07:53AM

Previous topic - Next topic
If you don't feel "right" about installing mods, then why incessantly say you are "forced to"? No one is forcing you, no one is even asking you.

Can this thread please die now?

But locking a topic that doesn't technically break any rules (not that we have any) and just annoys the bajeezus out of me would be abuse of power, wouldn't it? :king:

Quote from: cable2099 on August 25, 2007, 03:37PM
Teancum,
All I am saying is that if it was or is being released on the PC than that means there was no sense in me buying the X-Box 360. If I have no choice than I have no choice. As I said before I prefer the PC. Yes, we can mod this game but we all did agree to the licensing agreement but we are resorted to moding our own game which we should not have to do but are forced to do it because of the devs. Other people's mods are good but I just dont feel right about installing them on my game except maybe She-Hulk. I installed the Next Gen Mod but that was because those characters were not unlocked for the PC and I felt that the PC should have gotten some exclusive content like it did for X-Men Legends 2. I felt robbed by that fact. Yes, I have the Gold Edition and look forward to playing it when I get my X-Box 360 but I like the controls of the PC keyboard better and the graphics.

If they didn't even do the DLC, you wouldn't have anything to complain about to begin with.  So don't say "ZOMG I need a 360 b3cuz t3h devs".  If they didn't do it, fine.  It sucks, but you know what, our soldiers are dying in Iraq trying to fight off terrorism, and here you are bitching because you don't have "official" DLC content.  I know it's hard to imagine, but there are bigger things in the world than 8 characters.  If you don't feel comfortable installing mods, then get the hell off the modding community, because that's what the purpose of being here is.  Now please, give it a rest already.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Quote from: BliZZ on August 25, 2007, 06:40PM
But locking a topic that doesn't technically break any rules (not that we have any) and just annoys the bajeezus out of me would be abuse of power, wouldn't it? :king:

Uh, I thought that was like the only benefit of being a moderator :)

I thought this thread would have died after my last response but it looks like people still want to keep it going by replying because they want to have the last word. So why respond if you want this thread to die? Nobody is forcing anyone to reply. They do it because they want to be right and me not to be right.

The PC exclusives (Pyro and Sabertooth) for XML2 were just re-skins of Sunfire and Wolverine.  I think Sabertooth had pretty much an identical powerset and Pyro had one new firebat power.  Any modder on this forum can do a simple re-skin, and many mods go much further than that.  So, even though Xbox360 got new exclusives, the PC version provides an unlimited amount of extra content and you can't beat that, especially since it's free.