PlayStation Buttons/Icons Released

Started by Medevenx, May 10, 2016, 05:47AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 10, 2016, 05:47AM Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 09:48AM by Medevenx
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm a modder for NBA 2K14 that just had a huge throwback moment so I decided to play Marvel Ultimate Alliance again on PC, little did I know there was a huge modding community dedicated to it!

So I looked everywhere but I couldn't find PlayStation Buttons/Icons for the game when using generic game controllers for PC, so I made some myself. I'll post some in-game screenshots soon enough.

Preview Images

Screenshots

Menu Screens

In-Game

Controller Setup

Download Link

Size: 2.4 MB

How to Install:
Paste all of the contents of the ZIP folder in the texs folder of your Marvel Ultimate Alliance Main Directory. Copy and replace all of the files. Do NOT forget to backup your files!

May 10, 2016, 11:05AM #1 Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 11:25AM by Maegawa
Astonishing job, Medevenx! I grew up playing the Sony PlayStation consoles, so I've always had its buttons in mind, and when it came to MUA for PC I couldn't use my PS3 controller, so it was pretty shitty for me seeing those 1 2 3 etc buttons showing up (I use a Logitech Controller), so when I saw this it was a very pleasant thing to see, thanks!
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Quote from: Maegawa on May 10, 2016, 11:05AM
Astonishing job, Medevenx! I grew up playing the Sony PlayStation consoles, so I've always had its buttons in mind, and when it came to MUA for PC I couldn't use my PS3 controller, so it was pretty shitty for me seeing those 1 2 3 etc buttons showing up (I use a Logitech Controller), so when I saw this it was a very pleasant thing to see, thanks!

Thanks Maegawa! I'm glad I was able to contribute on my very first day here in the community. Coming from the NBA 2K modding community, I have to say I do have some knowledge on how to modify a lot of files. I hope I can bring more mods to the community!

Quote from: blackheart on May 10, 2016, 11:18AM
thank you

You're welcome blackheart!

Great! Welcome to the community Medevenx. I think I did some controller icons for the xbox, but that was years ago. I'm not sure why I never thought to include PSX buttons as well.

Thanks for your contribution

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

Nice work! To reiterate Maegawa's point, it sure as hell beats seeing "1, 2, 3, 4 etc". These are more fitting for gamers. Great debut contribution.

Quote from: Outsider on May 11, 2016, 01:55PM
Nice work! To reiterate Maegawa's point, it sure as hell beats seeing "1, 2, 3, 4 etc". These are more fitting for gamers. Great debut contribution.

Quote from: MelloMods on May 11, 2016, 04:24AM
Great! Welcome to the community Medevenx. I think I did some controller icons for the xbox, but that was years ago. I'm not sure why I never thought to include PSX buttons as well.

Thanks for your contribution

Thanks everyone! I put up some screenshots for everyone to see what they look like in-game! Tell me what other kind of mods you'd like to see!

I played around with this PS Icons with my Rockcandy PS3 Controller. Unfortunately for some reason the square and triangle buttons are swapped, and the circle and x buttons swapped. Is there any issue with my controller?
I'm just a Unpopular SpideyFan with naggin' Habit for Camera
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/SuperiorSpyderSpideyFan
My DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/superiorspyder2002

Quote from: SuperiorSpidey 2002 on May 16, 2016, 01:08AM
I played around with this PS Icons with my Rockcandy PS3 Controller. Unfortunately for some reason the square and triangle buttons are swapped, and the circle and x buttons swapped. Is there any issue with my controller?

There's probably an issue with your controller since I mapped them just to copy the layout on the screen (as you can see in the in-game screenshot). I had to remap my own controls just to match it.

I tried to use other controllers that I had in my procession (my Dualshock 4 and Dualshock 3) but the buttons still swapped, so I think it's either the game version that I currently use or it's the (no offence) the PS buttons layout
I'm just a Unpopular SpideyFan with naggin' Habit for Camera
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/SuperiorSpyderSpideyFan
My DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/superiorspyder2002

Medevenx, great work! I've made a backup and put this into the Resource Backup Database, in case it ever goes down, I hope that's okay.

Thanks. That will make certain parts of the game easier.

Well, It took me a long time to see this, But Thank you really much. :D

Sorry for the very extreme necro-bump

I noticed the face buttons here are inverted, ie circle and cross is mixed up and the same is for square and triangle.

With the use of the textures this guy provided, and some paint trickery, the face buttons should work properly now. I haven't tested whether the triggers worked yet, but if they are inverted as well I will update this post.

I assume that if you use a PlayStation controller you are using it as an emulated Xbox controller, if you feel inclined you can use it as a Logitech one by merely renaming the files to match in the texes folder.

360 SD textures (name as FontTexture0_beenox360)
360 HD textures (name as FontTexture0_beenox360_hd)
Full-key set in english (name as Fullkeyset_eng)

Not as inclined to mess around with the italian keyset, if you feel inclined feel free to do it :P