Mystique Mod (re-released 05-06)

Started by matt710, August 23, 2007, 10:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
i say keep her xtreme as she has it now, its pretty good already.  Deadpool's xtreme animation wouldnt really work for a grenade move.  And yeah Deadpool's MUA xtreme is different from his xml2 one, i used that xtreme/along with deadpool's skeleton for my Shadowcat mod's xtreme, Agent of Shield, check it out if you want to see how it may look http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1248.msg24307#msg24307
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I like this mod as it is except maybe change one ok her look a like attack to that new onw. And make her be able to murph into more than one person.

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on April 22, 2008, 09:35PM
i say keep her xtreme as she has it now, its pretty good already.  Deadpool's xtreme animation wouldnt really work for a grenade move.  And yeah Deadpool's MUA xtreme is different from his xml2 one, i used that xtreme/along with deadpool's skeleton for my Shadowcat mod's xtreme, Agent of Shield, check it out if you want to see how it may look http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1248.msg24307#msg24307

Yeah I kind of see what you mean, it kind of is too showy for her.  I am almost done with the new ps so I will probably be testing tomorrow.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

Alrighty I have some bad news and good news...

The good news: 
-Her wild shot (the spreading gun move) works and attacks more than just the enemy right in front of her.
-Her Deadpool skeleton as a fightstyle is working great.

The bad news:
-Her skin stealing morph doesn't work too well because if she gets hit she cannot transform back and sometimes the system glitches and she can't transform back either.
-Her heavy attacks (I made gun attacks as her attack heavies) work, but cannot be aimed or homed-in, so basically you have to position her with an enemy right in front of her to work.
-Her form claws move doesn't work with her attack heavies and since she kicks more, they don't make sense.

So I may have to scrap her steal_form move and just do a bunch of random forms like in her Xtreme (they will be noncannon or harmless-looking characters instead). 

Also I can either get rid of her form claws or put her attack heavies back to kicks and punches (I may use deadpool's first power animation as the finisher for it).  If I do that, I will also add foot claws (like X-23) so that it makes sense that her kicks are boosted.  I may go with the second route since her attack heavies as guns don't work unless the enemy is in front of you anyway.  (that makes me angry since I liked her ea_power1 animation, but she has too many gun attacks anyway...)

So she is coming along rather nicely since the setbacks are very fixable.

Quote from: matt710 on April 22, 2008, 09:23PM
Note that deadpools extreme in MUA is different than his XML2 one I think (someone correct me if I am wrong).  I want to see everyone's opinions on this one.

Correct. MUA is Merc's Revenge, which is total pwnage. XML2 is Nitrogen Blast.

matt710, it just occured to me that you can make her form-changing a boost in that she isn't perceived as a threat (kinda like going invisible for Kurt and Psylocke). That could be doable, don't you think?

Oooh, I like that idea.  You could call it "Incognito" :P

Quote from: shafcrawler on April 28, 2008, 06:55AM
matt710, it just occured to me that you can make her form-changing a boost in that she isn't perceived as a threat (kinda like going invisible for Kurt and Psylocke). That could be doable, don't you think?

Thanks, that is a good idea.  I have the invisible version of that, but that could be changed to a skin.  It would be perfect for steal_form, but it doesn't work....  I can maybe combine the concept of her two morphs into one that way and create a new ability for her.  I will have to think of what though.  Maybe I may have her use the power disabler she used on ironman....  I'll have to see.

Ok she is looking great and with sound!!!  I just added a few sounds to hold her over until Teancum does his.  It gave me the practice for my other mods.  She even laughs when she performs her Xtremes.  I just have to adjust the timing of the morphing sounds (not from XML1 but from the 90's series) and the continuous shooting seems buggy.  She should be done soon after I do some work with skins and HUDS.

updates for mystique cool

btw I know this is of topic but can you create boost with the new skins for her and polaris, angel

Actually they are on the list.  I am slowly updating all my mods and creating new ones.  So eventually they will be updated.

May 01, 2008, 11:50AM #56 Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:11AM by matt710
Mystique is almost done.  The only thing left is that I want to add more skins.  Norrin Radd was nice enough to allow me to use his two skins.  So that leaves at least 5 more to do eventually between this update and her final.  I have a few possibilities here:

This one I need to see what would be a good skin to base it off of.  Any ideas anybody?

This one I was thinking to base on Magma.(done)

This one can be based on her XML2 skin.  I think she wears long pants with this, does anybody know?

AOA is a must.  Does anybody know a good base for a woman with a short Jacket?  I don't think there are any.  I may just have to make it without the collar.

The movie skin.  I am unsure of a good base for this one.  I may just have to use her own skin and just have her have longer hair.

Foxx might be another good one.  I may just have to get rid of the jacket.

And finally Rogue will be a good one for this baby.

So it's off to skinning.

May 01, 2008, 11:57AM #57 Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:12AM by matt710
Forgot one.  This one should be easy to do as well from X-men Next Dimension: (Done)

You can also get an extra skin by using her XML1 skin, which is the same as XML2, but with red leather instead of black.

That is already one of the four.  I guess I should have mentioned that.  Thanks anyway.