The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 29, 2016, 09:30PM #675 Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 12:26PM by Outsider
MANTIS

On the rare day of February 29, also known as Leap Year, get ready to leap into action as the dangerous martial artist that some know as "Mandy Celestine," the Marvel character that has also been a DC character at one point, the former Avenger and Guardian of The Galaxy known as Mantis.  She has all of the martial arts skills as you would expect, but plays nothing like Iron Fist, Psylocke, or Elektra. She's plenty of fun. So go ahead and download "this one" now.

UPDATE: Added three new skins & HUDs. No block entry & herostat has changed.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of Martial Artist (15% chance of critical) and Sound Mind (immune to Mental DMG).
-3 hex-edited skins, 4 HUDs, loading screen, icons, and sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #226 (shares with the Stepford Cuckoos).

MOVESET:
1. Brandt Strike: Attacks a critical pressure point with a double fist combo, knocking a enemy down hard.
2. Celestial Stunner: A precise strike that stuns enemies and weakens defense for a time.
3. Pama's Cutter: Runs in and does a sick kick that causes bleeding and knockback.
4. Energy Blast: Mantis fires a rare energy projectile at enemies.
5. Cotati Counter: Uses a brief energy field to reverse incoming damage, then counters with an upward kick.
6. (Boost) Celestial Madonna: Mantis goes into a healing state for a time.
7. (Boost) Meditative State: Goes into a mental state where her durability and senses enhance.
8. (Xtreme) Preying Mantis: Teleports via plant life and strikes enemies in a critical area, paralyzing them. Then they mysteriously suffer intense delayed damage.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs (except movie), icons, loading screen, sounds, hex-editing, etc.
Julio Cabral - Movie skin & HUD
Andersonbrazil - Guardians, Dark, & Modern skins
Tommyboy2002 - Classic & Jade skins
UltraMegaMagnus - Mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?2w6hif2un60etg1

Very happy to see that you released Mantis, from the description it sounds like an awesome mod! I hope to be able to try it out soon.

Outsider, have you ever considered doing a Hulk booster?  :hulk_icon:

The reason I ask is that right now I'm using Canino's Hulk booster but it's incompatible with your Mystique mod (probably my favorite mod of all time). But if you use Canino's Hulk booster with Mystique on the same team, it crashes every time.

Meanwhile Canino's booster for Hulk is the only one that really feels like Hulk. He has the hand-clap, the earth pound... these are staples of Hulk's movesets in the comic! But those moves are frustratingly missing from every other Hulk mod or booster that's been made to this point.

I tested it... Hulk from the original characters pack works fine in a team with your Mystique. After some research around the forums, I suspect it has to do with an MUA2 asset used in that booster causing compatibility issues.

Your Wolverine booster is a work of genius and made him so much more fun. I bet you could do an incredible Hulk (no pun intended) booster that would be a huge asset to the game. :)

Quote from: Clarityman on March 03, 2016, 09:59PM
Outsider, have you ever considered doing a Hulk booster?  :hulk_icon:

The reason I ask is that right now I'm using Canino's Hulk booster but it's incompatible with your Mystique mod (probably my favorite mod of all time). But if you use Canino's Hulk booster with Mystique on the same team, it crashes every time.

Meanwhile Canino's booster for Hulk is the only one that really feels like Hulk. He has the hand-clap, the earth pound... these are staples of Hulk's movesets in the comic! But those moves are frustratingly missing from every other Hulk mod or booster that's been made to this point.

I tested it... Hulk from the original characters pack works fine in a team with your Mystique. After some research around the forums, I suspect it has to do with an MUA2 asset used in that booster causing compatibility issues.

Your Wolverine booster is a work of genius and made him so much more fun. I bet you could do an incredible Hulk (no pun intended) booster that would be a huge asset to the game. :)

Good to hear that you enjoy my Wolverine booster and Mystique being your favorite -- I'm very proud of both. As for a Hulk booster, I can't say that I've thought about it. I'll be honest though -- I don't think I'll have enough time to add that (or any boosters really) in to my final projects list, as my availability is drawing shorter, so I'm trying to finish as many mods as I can (whenever available) until my retirement. My bad about that. However, you said compatibility issues due to an MUA2 asset? Perhaps Canino himself can look into that, as I believe he is still active and should be able to fix it up.

Quote from: Hobgoblin on March 03, 2016, 03:54AM
Very happy to see that you released Mantis, from the description it sounds like an awesome mod! I hope to be able to try it out soon.
Quote from: StarAndy on March 03, 2016, 11:38AM
Mantis is perfect mod thanks outsider

No problem. Mantis may be short on skins, but I think she came out like a real fighter.

Quote from: Outsider on March 03, 2016, 11:08PM
Good to hear that you enjoy my Wolverine booster and Mystique being your favorite -- I'm very proud of both. As for a Hulk booster, I can't say that I've thought about it. I'll be honest though -- I don't think I'll have enough time to add that (or any boosters really) in to my final projects list, as my availability is drawing shorter, so I'm trying to finish as many mods as I can (whenever available) until my retirement. My bad about that. However, you said compatibility issues due to an MUA2 asset? Perhaps Canino himself can look into that, as I believe he is still active and should be able to fix it up.

Thanks for replying. I had to at least ask! I'll look into contacting Canino. If you find any extra time or the desire, keep it in the back of your mind! I'll remain a supporter and I'll continue following your awesome work either way.

Amazing job on mantis, she is one of the great guardiance of galaxy,good luck on your next projects

Man I finally tried Scott Lang out and I don't know what to say. It may be my favorite mod ever it is so crazy and so original I cant stop laughing and smiling. Don't know how you did it but it is straight gold I love it. Between this and your Mystique booster I cant possible pick my favorite. Thank you for putting such imagination into your mods I will miss your talent.

March 08, 2016, 06:52PM #683 Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 12:02PM by Outsider
MARTIAN MANHUNTER

I have to admit, I enjoy making mods of shape-shifters. And due to a trade with Aventureiromax, along comes quite possibly the greatest shape-shifter of them all! J'onn J'onzz (John Jones), the Martian Manhunter. With a variety of powers and skills, this mod is out of this world... literally. (See his xtreme to see what I mean...) Get ready for a close encounter of the awesome kind. Download the Martian, and let the manhunt begin.

UPDATE: Added Killer Frost and Rorschach as morphs. Updated two of his skins, and changed skin of Starfire morph. Added Aventureiromax's VU skins. Changed skin of Aquaman morph. Added 5 more morphs for a total of 17.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 4 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of Flight, Might, Nine Senses (can sense enemies), Fire vulnerability (50% more vulnerable to fire).
-Shape-shifting does not cause freezing or slowing down, even if all morphs are done on same stage. 17 possible shape-shifts in all.
-8 hex-edited skins, 5 HUDs, icons, 3 loading screens, and sounds featuring his own voice from "Injustice: Gods Among Us."
-Uses assigned number #109 (Shares with Squirrel Girl).

MOVESET:
1. TK Control: Can control and throw enemies about.
2. Martian Law: Uses his super strength to punch an enemy far back.
3. Psyche Orb: Shoots an orb of pure telekinetic energy that explodes on impact.
4. Just A Phase: Uses intangibility to phase through the ground and reappear attacking multiple targets.
5. Alien Beam: Fires his signature red optic beam of powerful energy.
6. (Boost) Invisible Force: Can render himself invisible. Loses access to other powers, but gains massive momentum.
7. (Boost) Team Telepathy: Extends his mental link to his allies, increasing max energy and immunity from stun & mind control.
8. (Boost) Alien Morph 1: Can morph his bio-polymer into the form of another. He can shift into Aquaman (+30% XP), Batgirl (+50% Dodging Chance), Green Arrow (Extra money for kills), Nightwing (+30% Attack Speed), Rorschach (+15% Critical Chance), or Starfire (Cold & Radiation Immunity).
9. (Boost) Alien Morph 2: Can morph his bio-polymer into the form of another.  He can shift into Cyborg (-30% Damage Taken),  Deathstroke (+10% Health Per Kill), The Joker (+10% Energy Per Kill), Killer Frost (+15% Cold Damage), Lobo (+30% Attack Melee Damage), or Raven (30% Damage Reversed).
X. (Boost) Alien Morph 3: (Found in the abilities section.) Can morph his bio-polymer into the form of another. He can shift into Artemis (+30% Momentum), Sinestro (+25% Health), Captain Atom (Immune to Energy Damage), Darkseid (+25% Power Damage), or Brainiac (+25% Mind Focus).
10. (Xtreme) Out Of This World: Teleports himself and all enemies to Mars, where he blasts them with geysers of psionic energy.

NOTE:
When you shape-shift into one character, stay as that character until he morphs back. Do not shift into another, as multiple morphs may cause possible freezing/game crashing.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDS (except classic), icons, loading screens, sounds, hex-editing, etc.
Aventureiromax - mannequin
Maegawa - HUD (classic)

CREDITS (SKINS):
Aventureiromax - Martian Manhunter, Miss Martian, Raven, Batgirl, Lobo, Aquaman, Starfire, Killer Frost, Artemis, Sinestro, Captain Atom, Darkseid, Braniac
Dr. Bruce Banner - Cyborg, Deathstroke, Green Arrow
BLaw - The Joker, Nightwing
Julio Cabral - Rorschach

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?yxg0vo3r32uffhq

Holy strawberries Batman!!! This mods looks like the jam!!! Says Robin.
Running to my PC now, Thank you for all the DC love lately they have been some of your best and I love all your work.

outsider you would be thinking of a new booster for the Iron Man and Captain America , based on the movie Avengers ?
and also wanted to know if you have plans for a mod Aquaman ?
Star Andy :))

Quote from: ctepan 89 on March 04, 2016, 05:10PM
Amazing job on mantis, she is one of the great guardiance of galaxy,good luck on your next projects

Thanks for that. Hope one day to see her Guardians of The Galaxy uniform. Still, I like the way she came out.

Quote from: ndp on March 04, 2016, 11:31PM
Man I finally tried Scott Lang out and I don't know what to say. It may be my favorite mod ever it is so crazy and so original I cant stop laughing and smiling. Don't know how you did it but it is straight gold I love it. Between this and your Mystique booster I cant possible pick my favorite. Thank you for putting such imagination into your mods I will miss your talent.

I appreciate that. I like to think that  -- you know you're doing a good job when people can't decide which of mine is their favorite. I like to challenge myself to ensure each mod is different and not a copy of another ...well, except for Aurora. She was a total copy! :laugh:

Quote from: ndp on March 08, 2016, 09:33PM
Holy strawberries Batman!!! This mods looks like the jam!!! Says Robin.
Running to my PC now, Thank you for all the DC love lately they have been some of your best and I love all your work.
Quote from: StarAndy on March 09, 2016, 10:42AM
this mod is fantastic great job outsider
Quote from: aventureiromax on March 09, 2016, 10:50AM
Good job with Martian Manhunter ;)

Thanks everyone for the compliments. @ndp - Your comment is interesting, considering that Robin was kicked out of my "Marvel & DC United" roster to make room for Martian Manhunter! :laugh:

Quote from: StarAndy on March 09, 2016, 02:57PM
outsider you would be thinking of a new booster for the Iron Man and Captain America , based on the movie Avengers ?
and also wanted to know if you have plans for a mod Aquaman ?

Honestly, I don't think I'll have time for any boosters anymore. As I mentioned in a previous post, my availability is growing shorter -- particularly with writing my 3rd Phantom Four action novel. (See link below.) Currently, I have no plans to create Aquaman.

I understand perfectly well continue with their projects that are going very good, thank you for your honest answer.
Star Andy :))