The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: phoenix2016 on April 26, 2018, 10:38PM
Parabéns pelos incríveis trabalhos Outsider! Você é maravilhoso cara :) :phoenix:

From Google Translate, I translated that to mean "Congratulations on the incredible work, Outsider! You're awesome, man." Thanks for the compliment.

Quote from: andersonbrazil on April 27, 2018, 02:34PM
Outsider the Firestar mod is really cool! Amazing!
I'm looking for other ripped Firestar models from the game Injustice 2 but I do not find others. If you find other models of Injustice 2 point the link that I convert to us. Congratulations on the mod, Outsider!

I know you meant to say Starfire, and for all I know, there aren't that many skins of her. Still, thanks for that, and I'm sure those skins and mannequins I requested a while back are coming very soon.

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on April 24, 2018, 09:05PM
^Oooh, you're doing the Wendigo next? Can't wait :D

So, you're heard those reports, too, huh? Yeah, I have to attempt the Wendigo, as playing as the arch-enemy of both Hulk and Wolverine would be cool.

wow people still mod this game.... YES I just wanted to start playing it again after the IW hype and going to see it again this tuesday CANT WAIT

Quote from: P.Frost on April 29, 2018, 12:28AM
wow people still mod this game.... YES I just wanted to start playing it again after the IW hype and going to see it again this tuesday CANT WAIT

Dude, it's great to see you around here again. Their skins made the experience of my game more attractive. Welcome!

Quote from: andersonbrazil on April 29, 2018, 10:10AM
Dude, it's great to see you around here again. Their skins made the experience of my game more attractive. Welcome!

Thank you its good to be back :D

Quote from: Outsider on April 24, 2018, 08:34PM
I'll have to attempt it myself. Wish me luck as I'm kind of a "hit-or-miss "skinner.

shafcrawler made 2 X-Factor Polaris skins back in 2008 (boy it's been 10 years):

They can be found here.

*Note that they're probably in XML2 PC format (I have never tested them), so they would need to be adjusted to work in MUA properly if that's the case.*
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Quote from: Maegawa on April 29, 2018, 02:55PM
shafcrawler made 2 X-Factor Polaris skins back in 2008 (boy it's been 10 years):

They can be found here.

*Note that they're probably in XML2 PC format (I have never tested them), so they would need to be adjusted to work in MUA properly if that's the case.*

Yeah, I remember those. But unfortunately, they don't match with what her X-Factor uniform looks like.

There are some noticeable differences there, like the blue gloves and her back showing. I could probably use Medusa or another model to create it.

April 30, 2018, 05:33PM #1446 Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 09:52AM by Outsider
SINDEL

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for you all to meet the Queen of Edenia. Introducing my mod of Shao Kahn's lover and ear-shattering mistress, Sindel. She has all of her trademark moves, and all of the attitude as well. So yeah, she'll be a lot of fun for us. For them? Not so much. Check her out.

UPDATE: Added MK11 skin & HUD. Herostat has changed.

FEATURES:
-4 powers, 2 boosts, and a Fatality.
-Abilities of Flight and Mortal Kombat (can taunt and perform Stage Fatality)
-5 hex-edited skins, HUDs, icons, loading screen, mannequin & sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #125 (shares with Marvel Girl, will clash at mannequin).

MOVESET:
1. Purple Fireball: Fires a projectile of sound from her mouth at enemies. Can also perform while flying. Also strengthens Stage Fatality.
2. Sonic Yell: Screams with her ear-shattering voice to stun and disorient enemies briefly. Also upgrades grab smash.
3. Hair Whip: Twirls around while her hair lashes all nearby enemies.
4. Sonic Scream: Uses a more powerful sonic scream to blast enemies far back.
5. (Boost) Edenian Royalty: Sindel grants her team extra defense and XP for a time.
6. (Boost) Hail The Queen: Gains critical chance, speed, and evasion chance.
7. (Fatality) Deafening Voice: Flies up and delivers a scream so loud, it causes near-fatal damage to all enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs (Klassic, New Era & Modern), icons, loading screen, sounds, hex-editing, effects recolor, etc.
Aventureiromax - Klassic skin, mannequin
Andersonbrazil - All skins except Klassic & New Era, HUDs (Queen & Ultimate)
Escanor610 - New Era skin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?kk3fr1nvkroxbey

Great! Thank you for this mod! Love sound powers so much :D :D

Sindel and Starfire?

My lucky day, amazing stuff!

Everyone, thanks to Andersonbrazil's updated "Small Pack 12," the following mods have been updated: Crossbones, Gun Girls, Nebula, Ancient One, Kate Bishop, & Starfire. The latter three can be found at "The Road To 150." I have hex-edited those skins to work properly. Pick up the updates before you forget to.

I'm not a fast PS2 skinner, but I'll try to work on Polaris' X-Factor costume, making way for her booster. After her will be the Wendigo, who I think will be easier than most to create, then I may attempt another secret mod -- the "little-known female bad-ass" I had mentioned before in a past poll, as my girlfriend wants to see her created. (Mortal Kombat fans... hold out just a little longer. I will come back to creating more kombatants.) Yeah, I have a lot that I'm doing.

Quote from: TheMK on April 30, 2018, 05:56PM
Very awesome!!!
Quote from: Erik Lensherr on May 01, 2018, 06:20AM
Great! Thank you for this mod! Love sound powers so much :D :D
Quote from: nickjustint on May 04, 2018, 10:03AM
Sindel and Starfire?

My lucky day, amazing stuff!

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. My girlfriend loves playing as Starfire, and she particularly likes that I am creating such strong female characters. I told her that I didn't give them more than they already have. She said (and I quote) "Yes, but you have a way of displaying all of those talents in an empowering way, like with Monica Rambeau, Jennifer Kale and Red Sonja." Needless to say, she is inspiring me to continue creating all of these. Stay tuned...

May 08, 2018, 06:25PM #1451 Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 10:00AM by Outsider
POLARIS

Here is my mod of Lorna Dane - the gifted (see what I did there?) daughter of :magneto: Magneto, and long-time mainstay of X-Factor known as :polaris: Polaris. Originally a booster where I've amped her up big time to become a force all her own, she is now a full mod. Check her out and see what I've changed.

UPDATE: Now a full mod! Added Modern & Shi'ar skins & HUDs, moved all effects to one folder. Herostat has changed. (NOTE: Please delete the "effects/char/polaris" folder. It's not needed anymore.)

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of Flight, and Mistress of Magnetism (100% immune to electric damage).
-8 hex-edited skins, 6 HUDs, 3 loading screens, icons, 2 mannequins and sound/voice files.
-Uses assigned number #152 (shares with Static & Ryu on both mannequin and loading screens.)

MOVESET:
1. Magnetic Laser: Fires a magnetic beam that causes knockback. Also strengthens grab smash.
2. Levitation: Uses her magnetic power to lift and move enemies or objects.
3. Metal Spikes: Controls metal spikes to strike and magnetically immobilize enemies to the ground for a time.
4. Heavy Metal: Shields herself with metal debris for a brief time before blasting them outward.
5. Debris Control: Magnetically controls random metal objects and throws them at enemies.
6. (Boost) Metal Mistress: Creates a female metallic model that will grow in size as well and health and strength.
7. (Boost) Polarized Power: Adds power damage and evasion chances to her team.
8. (Xtreme) Magnetic Personality: Charges up and releases a devastating blast of magnetism on all enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, loading screens, X-Factor skin, HUDs, sounds/voice file, etc.
Norrin Radd - Stuff from original Polaris mod
Andersonbrazil - Genosha, Modern, Uncanny X-Men, & Magnetic Style skins
Aventureiromax - X-Men Uniform & Genosha Classic skins, mannequins
Lean - Vertigo booster effects
????? - Shi'ar skin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?ku2jz09too2jh2k

Everyone, I hope I did :polaris: Polaris justice with that booster. I particularly like the way my X-Factor PS2 skin came out. Feel free to tell me any comments or criticisms of it.

Up next is the Wendigo - a classic enemy of both :hulk_icon: the Hulk and :wolverine: Wolverine, so you know he's tough as hell. There is no skin of him, so I'm probably going to take :bheart: Blackheart's skin, turn it white with blue shading, and try to make it look furry. Probably as close as it'll get.

And on a personal note (which I don't do often), I'd like to thank the Marvel Mods community as a whole. It has been my pleasure creating all of these character mods over the years I've been here, as well as building that 28 Roster Limit Hack -- one of my proudest achievements in modding. It's not often in life that one does hard work (without payment, mind you), and lots of people acknowledge and appreciate the work that was done. When I first came here, I was just in awe of the mods and skins that were done already. I was a small fish in a big ocean full of skilled people such as BLaw, MelloMods, Julio Cabral, Quentin Hex, Sbarth13 and others. I never thought that years later, people would start mentioning my name in the same breath as those talented guys. It feels damn good to be appreciated. Some of you even told me that your families and children enjoy my offerings and that it brought you closer together. As a proud Christian who worships the Lord, that brought joy to me. That's why I couldn't stay retired -- I still have so much to offer everyone, and even after I'm done, who can really say that I'm done for good? Maybe "retired" is too strong a word if one enjoys what they do. Hell, Stan Lee is still going at his age!

Anyway, I want to thank everyone for their support. From the talented skinners & model converters that have helped me out over the years, to all of you that have downloaded my mods, boosters, loading screens, etc. This is a very old game, but a timeless classic, and I'm glad I was able to contribute as much as I have for as long as I have. I know that the CCC is running out of spots and there are only but so many things one can do before people get tired of the game, but this is a great, strong community that I'm glad to be a part of. May the newer generation of modders grow to surpass us and change the game so much that it's practically a new game. God bless.

Your congratulations are well deserved, Outsider! You've been working constantly on a collection of modding material for MUA that is nothing short of absolutely breathtaking.

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't think I'll ever get tired of this game and the mods :) I'm very enthusiastic about all they entail though!

I'm very pleased to see that the forum's appreciations bring you such great joy!