The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So now comes that all-important question -- who's next? Well, I have a couple of Marvel characters in mind before I return to Mortal Kombat. First up, you all know about the Gun Girls mods that I did? The two mods that combined eight different gun-carrying women? Well, I was reading Doctor Strange: Damnation recently, and it got me thinking that perhaps Elsa Bloodstone should have her own mod -- separate from the Gun Girls. She is a monster hunter just like her late father, uses guns, sometimes a shovel, and has access to some magical items in addition to her Blood Gem that gives her enhanced physical abilities and a healing factor. I can do something with that...

Who would fill her spot in the Gun Girls mod? That would be Victoria Montesi, the leader of the little-known Darkhold Redeemers, and is the daughter of the evil elder god Chthon. She is also one of the only females to be a member of the Midnight Sons. Stay tuned...

July 25, 2018, 03:00PM #1531 Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:04PM by andersonbrazil
Quote from: Outsider on July 25, 2018, 02:01PM
So now comes that all-important question -- who's next? Well, I have a couple of Marvel characters in mind before I return to Mortal Kombat. First up, you all know about the Gun Girls mods that I did? The two mods that combined eight different gun-carrying women? Well, I was reading Doctor Strange: Damnation recently, and it got me thinking that perhaps Elsa Bloodstone should have her own mod -- separate from the Gun Girls. She is a monster hunter just like her late father, uses guns, sometimes a shovel, and has access to some magical items in addition to her Blood Gem that gives her enhanced physical abilities and a healing factor. I can do something with that...

Who would fill her spot in the Gun Girls mod? That would be Victoria Montesi, the leader of the little-known Darkhold Redeemers, and is the daughter of the evil elder god Chthon. She is also one of the only females to be a member of the Midnight Sons. Stay tuned...

I totally agree! Especially with the diversity of models that exist for her, it would be great to see a mod of her own.

And taking advantage of this post, I want to congratulate you on the mod Noob Saibot and the Jade mod, they are incredible. I have not had time to play with the Paradox mod yet, but I'll play soon. Thank you Outsider!

Quote from: andersonbrazil on July 25, 2018, 03:00PM
I totally agree! Especially with the diversity of models that exist for her, it would be great to see a mod of her own.

And taking advantage of this post, I want to congratulate you on the mod Noob Saibot and the Jade mod, they are incredible. I have not had time to play with the Paradox mod yet, but I'll play soon. Thank you Outsider!

I appreciate that, Anderson. In fact, I saw your recent video on Youtube where you were playing as Noob Saibot, and it looked like you were really enjoying him. Perhaps when the Mortal Kombat roster is complete, you may want to create a video with an all-MK roster.

And hopefully, you gave it some thought on those PMs I've sent you -- especially the second PM involving those two highly wanted skins I've mentioned...

Thanks for all the awesome work you do. It has made the game 1000 times better. Before I ask this question I want to say I have no idea of reuploding your work as my own. This is for my own personal use.

I'm trying to split black canary and bat girl into 2 separate entities so I can have them both on the same roster. I know I could list Black Canary twice on the herostat, and just pick batgirl skins for 1 of them, but I like the Bat Girl mannequin, and it would look better if the 2 spots on the select screen weren't the same person. I changed the skin numbers for Bat girl, and added her 2 extra skins into the mix. I labeled them 29001-29004. I did the same in her powerstyle and talent files.

I'm not sure if these are the only things that need changing, or if I've done it wrong. I didn't change anything outside of that. I was fine with them sharing the same powers. I just wanted them to be applied to 2 different characters. Are you ok with me changing any of this, and if so is there anything specific I need to do outside of the things I've listed?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide, and once again I will not attempt to change them if you don't want them changed.

I think Johnny Blaze and Elsa Bloodstone would both be great mods!

Excited for everything you do next, regardless if it's Marvel or MK :)

Quote from: themaskedprocrastinator on July 26, 2018, 10:00AM
Thanks for all the awesome work you do. It has made the game 1000 times better. Before I ask this question I want to say I have no idea of reuploding your work as my own. This is for my own personal use.

I'm trying to split black canary and bat girl into 2 separate entities so I can have them both on the same roster. I know I could list Black Canary twice on the herostat, and just pick batgirl skins for 1 of them, but I like the Bat Girl mannequin, and it would look better if the 2 spots on the select screen weren't the same person. I changed the skin numbers for Bat girl, and added her 2 extra skins into the mix. I labeled them 29001-29004. I did the same in her powerstyle and talent files.

I'm not sure if these are the only things that need changing, or if I've done it wrong. I didn't change anything outside of that. I was fine with them sharing the same powers. I just wanted them to be applied to 2 different characters. Are you ok with me changing any of this, and if so is there anything specific I need to do outside of the things I've listed?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide, and once again I will not attempt to change them if you don't want them changed.

I have done it for a fellow member a couple of weeks ago, check your PM in the next moments...
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Quote from: themaskedprocrastinator on July 26, 2018, 10:00AM

Thanks for the compliment. And yes, if it's just for personal use and not for re-release, it's fine. In addition to Maegawa's help, you can view this tutorial I wrote a long while back: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8737.0.html

Big thanks to the both of you. Without modders like you guys this game would be long forgot. You truly are heroes, and if you ever make mods of yourselves I will definitely add you both to one my rosters

Outsider, I'd like to do a story mod that lets Zatanna save both Jean and Nightcrawler, similar to Magneto.  (For Justice League fans like myself.)  Obviously this is dependent on your Zatanna mod, is this OK?

Quote from: scottsum on July 29, 2018, 10:21AM
Outsider, I'd like to do a story mod that lets Zatanna save both Jean and Nightcrawler, similar to Magneto.  (For Justice League fans like myself.)  Obviously this is dependent on your Zatanna mod, is this OK?

As long as I'm credited, sure.

July 29, 2018, 11:32AM #1541 Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 07:19AM by Outsider
ELSA BLOODSTONE

Hold up, wait a minute... I know what you're thinking. "Didn't you release her as one of the Gun Girls?" Yes, I did. However, I decided that Elsa Bloodstone was the standout character of them and deserves her own mod. So, here it is! She plays nearly the same as the Gun Girls mod, but has a variety of special moves and abilities that makes her feel a whole lot different. In addition, I've included data and a skin of Victoria Montesi, the Darkhold Redeemer who will take Elsa's place in Gun Girl 2. Check it.

UPDATE: Fixed entities file in the hopes of fixing problem of power 1 not inflicting damage.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of Healing Factor, Might, and Teleport.
-4 hex-edited skins, 3 HUDs, 2 loading screens, mannequin, icons, and sound/voice file using Cammy's voice.
-Uses assigned number #178 (shares with Red Hulk - will clash in mannequin).

MOVESET:
1. Easy Shots: Fires a barrage of shots from her handgun. Also strengthens grab smash.
2. Blazing Boomstick: Shoots enemies at rapid fire with machine gun.
3. Uzi Fire: Performs a backflip to dodge enemy attacks before firing with her twin guns.
4. Shotgun Blow: Fires at enemies with her shotgun, causing heavy damage and knockback.
5. Mystery Blast: Shoots a powerful blast of mystic energy from her "magical" right hand. Hold for double blast.
6. (Boost) Fearless Defender: Her physical attributes are enhanced for a time.
7. (Boost) The Slayer: Becomes invulnerable to only physical damage and can sense enemies via the mini-map.
8. (Xtreme) Blood Gem: Releases a violent blast of mystical energy from her Bloodstone Choker at enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, loading screens, icons, sounds, hex-editing, etc.
Andersonbrazil - All skins except Modern
Aventureiromax - Modern skin
AdrianoAp - Mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?we8aa8y2awtzf16

Very nice work Outsider!

I don't think I ever mentioned before but your mods increase my enjoyment not just of MUA but of superheroes and comics in general :) you know all kinds of really cool characters I'd have never heard of otherwise!

Hi Outsider! Love your mods.

A question about your mods.

For Witchblade, the Danielle Baptiste skin is my favorite but it seems to have no passives for the costume. Will that be updated in the future or did I install something wrong?

Glad to see Elsa Bloodstone, she was my favorite from your gun girl mod.