The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Many thanks for the compliments, fellas. It's amazing just how much work we've all put into a game that is nearly 10 years old -- but I believe that MUA is one of the very few games that are classic and will never go out of style. And thanks to us, the overall replay value is through the roof -- almost infinite.

Stay tuned, everyone. Plenty more secrets remain at The Crypt...

July 31, 2015, 07:01AM #541 Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 11:19PM by Outsider
RAIDEN (booster)

Here is a small booster for the Thunder God of Mortal Kombat, Raiden. As everyone knows by now, I am a huge fan of Mortal Kombat, and Julio Cabral did such an impressive job on the Raiden mod, I wanted to help further separate him from Storm, so they don't have the same style. After all, he is a God, and he even went head-to-head with Superman! And now, if you pick Dark Raiden, his lightning effects become red! Enjoy.

UPDATE: Replaced "Staff Kombat" boost with "Divine Wisdom;" Added newer animation and skin fixes by UltraMegaMagnus. Herostat has changed.

FEATURES:
-Fixed his talents file so that all powers have the correct amount of points, and in order.
-Fixed it so that all icons are correct. (The icons file said "raiden_icons", but it says "raidn_icons in the talents/powerstyle files. So I remaned the icons file as "raidn_icons.)
-Added the ability "Thunder God" (100% immune to electricity damage, resurrection, takes 25% less damage, and regains energy fast.) He is a God, after all.
-Added Might and leadership to his herostat.
-Teleport is also available at start.
-Added some effects to his boosts, so you can tell if the boost is still going.
-Added a lightning effect moving all around him, just like in the MK games.
-Changed the order of the costumes. Raiden's mannequin has the Klassic MK2 skin, so that should be the first one.
-Renamed a couple of his powers so they don't look exactly like Storm's.
-Added some more sounds from Shao Kahn to refer to Raiden if he levels up, or throws an enemy. (Ex. If Raiden knocks an enemy, Kahn may say "Finish Him!")
-His Xtreme is now called "Elder God" and the term "Xtreme" is no longer used. The term "Fatality" is in its' place. Makes the fatality sounds before and after the move. These sounds are suggested for more MK mods.
-His Fatality now strikes lightning three times instead of just once.
-New Ability: Mortal Kombat. Can now perform a stage fatality uppercut, which is perfect to knock enemies off cliffs or into a trap. Can now taunt as well.
-Added new exclusive red lightning effects for Dark Raiden.
-Added mannequin by Aventureiromax.
-Added three loading screens.
-Changed the HUDS so that they match his official in-game portraits (standard for all MK mods).

NEW MOVESET:
1. Electric Chain: Lightning shoots from his hands, chaining from enemy to enemy. Also strengthens Stage Fatality.
2. Torpedo: Flies forward destroying everything in his path. Sends enemies flying out of the way. Also upgrades grab smash.
3. Lightning Bolt: Fires a bolt of pure electricity to a single target.
4. Divine Staff: Slams his staff on the ground, unleashing a lightning storm. Does extra damage against slowed enemies.
5. (Special) Teleport: Raiden teleports within a given range. If an ally is directly in front of him, they will teleport with him. Damages enemies.
6. (Boost) Divine Wisdom: Increases XP while decreasing damage taken for a time.
7. (Boost) Shock Therapy: Adds electric damage to all melee attacks and raises elemental resistance by 80% for the entire team.
8. (Fatality) Elder God: Raiden gains divine ascension, and unleashes a deadly lightning attack upon enemies three times.

NEW FEATURES = 12/13/2020
-Updated sound files to now feature his voice from MK11.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Updated coding and sounds, loading screens, HUDs, red lightning effects, etc.
Aventureiromax - Mannequin
Julio Cabral - Raiden mod
UltraMegaMagnus - Newer animations

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?yijiygw6n1uasfd

(NOTE: This is not the mod of Raiden, but an important booster that is needed for him to coincide with other MK mods. For Julio Cabral's mod of Raiden, click here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mzsbt5r443n8d4d/raidenv1.7z. Keep in mind that he'll clash mannequins with Transonic and Thena.)

Congratulations, Outsider! Your Mockingbird mod is pretty cool. I liked of the gameplay,  of the powers to the insured button. It's very good!

I really appreciate the variety of mods you made, as a fan of Morbius i couldn't be happier, how long itr will takefor them to get updates like.. new skins and such?

Nice Raiden booster! I'm really glad to play as him because I like MK Universe :)

Thanks for the compliments. I like how Mockingbird and Raiden came out as well.

Quote from: M@pple on July 31, 2015, 09:04AM
I really appreciate the variety of mods you made, as a fan of Morbius i couldn't be happier, how long itr will takefor them to get updates like.. new skins and such?

That depends on whoever volunteers to skin for them, or convert models for them. I can skin, but with me, it's a hit or miss. Take Morbius for example -- I made that skin to replicate Morbius' costume, but I used Wolverine's skin, so to me it looks like a zombie Logan lol. If someone decides to make better skins of him and sends them to me, I can then upgrade the character.

The same goes for mannequins, as my computer is unable to create them myself. As a result, many of my mods have no mannequin, unfortunately.

Mockingbird is very cool! The Moon Knight base works really well for her (I love the way she rolls in a double-jump!), the staff switch is excellent, the Pole Position move especially suits her and I like the addition of the S.H.I.E.L.D.-stuff very much too. Thank you so much for getting her in the game!

I was wondering if some of Daredevil's baton moves such as his very first power (Baton Smash) or maybe even the Charge would be compatible with/transferrable to Bobbi's mod? Or are those moves too embedded within DD´s skins and animations to allow for that? If possible, they'd make for very suitable additions.

Quote from: Hobgoblin on August 03, 2015, 09:25AM
Mockingbird is very cool! The Moon Knight base works really well for her (I love the way she rolls in a double-jump!), the staff switch is excellent, the Pole Position move especially suits her and I like the addition of the S.H.I.E.L.D.-stuff very much too. Thank you so much for getting her in the game!

I was wondering if some of Daredevil's baton moves such as his very first power (Baton Smash) or maybe even the Charge would be compatible with/transferrable to Bobbi's mod? Or are those moves too embedded within DD´s skins and animations to allow for that? If possible, they'd make for very suitable additions.

Good to hear you're enjoying her. As for your question, I don't believe it's possible to add Daredevil's stuff to her. Mainly because I had already used a menu anim set, and two combat sets (or "skeletons" as some call it), and I don't know how to add more than that, or if it's even possible. (For example, the Pole Position move was courtesy of Gambit's anims, as Moon Knight doesn't have that. I had to use an anim set just to get that move in.)

August 05, 2015, 09:59PM #548 Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 11:00PM by Outsider
SPIDER-GIRLS COLLECTION

Presenting my mod of the :spidergirl: Spider-Girls. The mod of Spider-Girl has been revamped, featuring five Spider-Girls all in one kick-ass collection, featuring a moveset similar to :spiderman: Spider-Man, but with some differences. The Spider-Verse expands NOW!

Fun Fact: My girlfriend loves the "Fashion Model" skin I did of Mary Jane, and told me that she would wear that outfit. Um, I'm not a fashion designer, but I'll take the compliment nonetheless.

UPDATE: (Spider-Gwen) Added newer distinctive animations; (May Parker & Anya Corazon) Added more skins & HUDs (Their herostats have changed.)

SPIDER-GIRL (MAY PARKER)

FEATURES:
-Has April Parker as an alternate.
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of Web Zip and Might.
-6 skins, 6 HUDs, 2 loading screens, icons, mannequin, and sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #53 (Shares with Joseph. Mannequin will clash.)

MOVESET:
1. Web Bolts: Throws projectiles of impact webbing.
2. Kiss of the Spider: Traps an enemy into a web sack and weaken their defense.
3. Spider Sting: Rolls forward evading all attacks, then does a cartwheel kick on the enemy.
4. Variety: Does a damaging move depending on which Spider-Girl used.
5. Slingshot Kick: Propels herself forward like a slingshot and kicks enemies.
6. (Boost) Rush Hour: Increases movement speed and health per kill.
7. (Boost) Spidey Sense: Time slows down for Spider-Girl and her allies.
8. (Xtreme) Maximum Spider: Uses a giant web to trap enemies, then attacks each enemy with fast and deadly kicks.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, April Parker skin, loading screens, redone icons, sounds, hex-editing, xtreme web effect, etc.
UltraMegaMagnus - April Parker Mayhem skin, mannequin
ProfEscanor - Earth X & Black Suit skins
Andersonbrazil - Unmasked May Parker skin
SuperiorSpyder - Searching through numerous May Parker voice files
Quentin Hex - original icons
Lean - Fixed xtreme web effects
Sazandra125 - Web Shield block effect

BUGS:
None so far.

SPIDER-GIRL II (ANYA CORAZON)

FEATURES:
-4 skins, 4 HUDs, loading screen, icons, mannequin, and sound/voice file using Ayane's voice from Dead Or Alive 6.
-Uses assigned number #81 (Shares with Crossbones. Mannequins will clash.)

MOVESET:
1. Web Bolts: Throws projectiles of impact webbing.
2. Kiss of the Spider: Traps an enemy into a web sack and weaken their defense.
3. Spider Sting: Rolls forward evading all attacks, then does a cartwheel kick on the enemy.
4. Web Neutralizer: Throws a damaging web that traps enemies and nullifies their powers for a time.
5. Stunning Slingshot Kick: Propels herself forward like a slingshot and kicks enemies, causing stun and knockback.
6. (Boost) Adrenaline: Increases attack speed and energy per kill.
7. (Boost) Spidey Sense: Time slows down for Spider-Girl and her allies.
8. (Xtreme) Maximum Spider: Uses a giant web to trap enemies, then attacks each enemy with fast and deadly kicks.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, Anya Corazon skin retexture, HUDs, loading screens, icons, sounds, hex-editing, xtreme web effect, etc.
UltraMegaMagnus - Anya Corazon skin, Mannequin
Andersonbrazil - Young Arana skin
ProfEscanor - Exoskeleton & White Costume skins & HUDs

BUGS:
None so far.

SILK

FEATURES:
-5 skins, 4 HUDs, 2 loading screens, icons, 3 mannequins, and sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #55 (shares with Gladiator, will clash at mannequin).

MOVESET:
1. Spider Stream: Fires web "beams" of organic webbing from her hands.
2. Web of Whoop-Ass: Performs a 4-hit combo attack that allows for a follow-up attack.
3. Crescent Moon: (Same as "Spider Sting," but takes slightly more damage and has higher velocity.)
4. ...If U Ain't Got That Swing: Uses her organic webbing to swing and toss an enemy.
5. Silky Slingshot: (Same as "Slingshot Kick.")
6. (Boost) Moonwalker: Uses her superhuman speed and gains extra melee damage.
7. (Boost) The Bride: Her Spider-Sense is far more potent, slowing down time more and for a longer period of time.
8. (Xtreme) Smooth Finish: (Same as "Maximum Spider.")

CREDITS - SILK:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, Web Suit skin, loading screens, icons, HUDs, sounds, hex-editing, xtreme web effect, etc.
Andersonbrazil - Modern skins
MJ Fan - Classic skin
BaconWizard17 - Silkworm skin
AdrianoAp - Mannequins

BUGS:
None so far.

SPIDER-GWEN a.k.a. GHOST SPIDER :spidergwen:

FEATURES:
-Abilities of Web Zip, Might, and Stacy's Speed (moves 15% faster).
-4 skins, 4 HUDs, 2 loading screens, icons, mannequin, and sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #87 (shares with Black Bolt).

MOVESET:
1. Web Blasts: Can shoot multiple web bullets at one time.
2. Leave You Hangin': Wrabs enemy up in webbing, unable to move. Weakens enemy defense.
3. Spider Flash: Rolls forward evading all attacks, then does a somersault kick on the enemy.
4. Wrecking Web: Swings a large wrecking ball formation made of web to attack enemies within a radius, then throws it.
5. Slingshot Kick: (Same as Spider-Man, but takes more damage.)
6. (Boost) Ghost Spider: Deflects projectiles, reverses damage, and gains dodging chances.
7. (Boost) Spider Sense: (Same as Spider-Man)
8. (Xtreme) White Widow: (Same as "Maximum Spider," but with different effects.)

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, loading screens, Modern HUD, sounds, hex-editing, xtreme web effect, etc.
Andersonbrazil - Skins (Modern, Unmasked & Classic 616), web ball model
Hannah - Skins (Gwenom, both of ATSV), texture change for skins, HUDs (except Modern), newer animations
tubular spacedude - Voice file
Canino - Icons (Outsider added a few)
UltraMegaMagnus - Mannequin

BUGS:
Her new popup attack animation tends to go through walls if near them. However, you won't die as she comes back to the playable field.

MARY JANE PARKER

FEATURES:
-Abilities of Web Zip and Might. Some outfits share passives with others.
-7 skins, 6 HUDs, 2 loading screens, icons, mannequin, and sound/voice file voiced by Vanessa Marshall.
-Uses assigned number #217 (shares with Sunfire, will clash at mannequin).

MOVESET:
1. Web Bolts: Fires balls of webbing at enemies. (Same as Spider-Man)
2. Mary Jane Watson Style: Launches a 3-hit combo attack in a stylish blitz.
3. Impact Webbing: Fires enlarged bolts of webbing that causes knockback.
4. Slingshot Kick: Propels herself forward with a kick (Same as Spider-Man)
5. Web Scythe: Swings a large sickle-like formation made of web to attack nearby enemies within a radius.
6. (Boost) Supermodel: Can seduce enemies into betraying their team for a time.
7. (Boost) Remnants of Sonja: Gains enhanced attack strength and durability.
8. (Xtreme) Hit The Jackpot: Fires enlarged webbing that bounces off walls and attacks multiple enemies.

CREDITS
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, all skins (except 21705 Detailed and Exiles), loading screens, icons, HUDs, sounds, hex-editing, impact webbing effect, etc.
Andersonbrazil - 21705 Detailed skin
Lionsden - Exiles skin
AdrianoAp - Mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?4u221m8zuxrbc64

Can you create Sunfire, Bishop or Cable update/ booster? Sunfire is not full power like in XML2, I think he need to be update some power like flamethrower, power number 4 in XML2 (sorry i don't remember it's name), and Inferno,and his Ion Shield will use Human Torch's effect, but larger
IF TOMORROW COME.........

Quote from: Lồn mẹ nó on August 05, 2015, 11:30PM
Can you create Sunfire, Bishop or Cable update/ booster? Sunfire is not full power like in XML2, I think he need to be update some power like flamethrower, power number 4 in XML2 (sorry i don't remember it's name), and Inferno,and his Ion Shield will use Human Torch's effect, but larger

Sorry, unable to take requests. I have many projects already lined up, and I'm very busy with my personal life as well.

Excelent!
Canino passed away in April 2022. He will be dearly missed by the community

QuoteAs for your question, I don't believe it's possible to add Daredevil's stuff to her. Mainly because I had already used a menu anim set, and two combat sets (or "skeletons" as some call it), and I don't know how to add more than that, or if it's even possible.

On one hand, that's a shame, on the other, that's a really good reason. The Gambit move is the best move there is for her & Moon Knight's staff moves certainly make for the obvious basis.
I do wonder if some baton thing could be fitted in, by making use of the 'daredevil_baton' bolton. Tried a bit myself but couldn't get it to work at all. Ah, well.

The Spider-Girls set sounds awesome, I should check it out as well. You're on a roll!

Quoting myself:
QuoteI do wonder if some baton thing could be fitted in, by making use of the 'daredevil_baton' bolton. Tried a bit myself but couldn't get it to work at all.

Over the weekend, I've been trying several things with the DD batons and Mockingbird's mod but to no avail. I tried replacing a large part of her powerstat with Daredevil's but no batons appear, which makes me suspect that they might be part of Matt's skins as well. As for the daredevil_baton bolton found in the models map, that one might be called upon when he's throwing it around. However, I tried adding it to Mockingbird's herostat and this made batons appear, but fixed to the hands like Wolverine's claws & they won't stay on after using a staff power.
I was also wondering whether to use the bolton to have a double weapon thing going on like you did with the three swords for Black Knight, but again, I miserably failed.

As I'm pretty sure the one person who could make it work is you, I thought to pass this all on to you as one little piece of constructive feedback to the mod. Mockingbird does seem quite inseparable from her batons (she even kept them as her trademark in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), her mod as it is now really is very cool but only has those batons represented by Moon Knight nunchakus. If you agree, perhaps this aspect may be worth a revisit?
It doesn't even have to be a special move or add any extra damage: it may be a visual enhancement, where she would use the batons with every normal punch except for when she's using them together as a bo staff.

Apart from getting frustrated with my own meddling attempts...  I've also tried your Spider-Girls mod & some other mods which I've never tried before: Groot and Star-Lord and they all ROCK!!! Brilliant work on each & every one of them!!