OpenHeroSelect (Includes support for XML2 and the MUA 36 & 50 Character Mods!)

Started by Tony Stark, June 09, 2019, 03:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Second update, I've added the defaultman entry to the end of the herostat, it'll get added in automatically when you run OHS. Hopefully this helps with some issues. I haven't tested this extensively, but it should work. Please try out the new version and let me know if you encounter any issues.

Hi!! First of all I want to thank you so much for this amazing tool!!! But I got a problem so I hope you guys can help me figure it out!

So I made a folder called Openheroselect in the game directory, pasted all the files tthere and modified my own old herostat from heroselect so it could be converted, I am 100% I followed all instructions correctly. After that I run OHS (I have windows 10, so I ran it as an administrator) and the tool worked fine. Then after that I attempted to open my game, and it would just crash seconds after it opened (I used 36 Hack). So I tried to run it using the old hero select, because I wanted to make sure it was the OHS and not the game the problem so I chose the random option through Characterselect to make things faster. Obviously my game opended. After that, I decided to attempt to run OHS but this time with the 33 hack. Then my game openeded normally, but when I went to see my heroes, they were the same random heroes that were chosen by the Characterselect. In other words, OHS had no effect in my game whatsoever for some odd reason.

The only thing I felt weird or unsure about is that the name list order did not match the stat list, but I assume that they are independent from each other and I shouldn't worry about the order in the stats but only the order in the list, at least that is what I understand, correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know what todo. I hope you guys can help me! Thank you!

Quote from: IOwnALego111 on October 06, 2019, 10:00PM
Hi!! First of all I want to thank you so much for this amazing tool!!! But I got a problem so I hope you guys can help me figure it out!

Your problem may not be in OpenHeroselect. In the 36RH files there is a dll named "dinput8.dll". If you do not extract it to the game directory, opening it will crash. Make sure you not forgot to extract this dll.

Well I certainly did not know that! I'll definitely try that and I'll let you know. Thank you!

Quote from: andersonbrazil on October 07, 2019, 08:44AM
Your problem may not be in OpenHeroselect. In the 36RH files there is a dll named "dinput8.dll". If you do not extract it to the game directory, opening it will crash. Make sure you not forgot to extract this dll.

Ohh ok!!! Thanks

Quote from: andersonbrazil on October 07, 2019, 08:44AM

Ok so I tried putting the dll dinput8 and still it's not working. Like I said, my game is no longer crashing because no matter what how many times I run OHS it takes no effect in my game. I am not getting the first 36 characters from my herostat list. I don't know whats going on.....

Quote from: IOwnALego111 on October 07, 2019, 03:04PM
Ok so I tried putting the dll dinput8 and still it's not working. Like I said, my game is no longer crashing because no matter what how many times I run OHS it takes no effect in my game. I am not getting the first 36 characters from my herostat list. I don't know whats going on.....

Make sure you're swapping out menulocations.cfg for the 36-character version.

Hey guys, just uploaded a new version of OHS. This should place the defaultman and team_character entries at the top, followed by the characters. Hopefully this helps with some issues going on with powerstyles and at least lets the characters act like defaults when powers aren't working.

I've also added a debug flag, so you can have it generate the XML file if you want to inspect and compile it to XMLB yourself.

Quote from: Tony Stark on October 08, 2019, 06:14PM
Make sure you're swapping out menulocations.cfg for the 36-character version.

Hello Tony! Thanks for replying.

Like I've said earlier, I made sue that I did swap out the menulocations for that version. Even if I would've not changed it, I would atleast have gotten the first 27 characters, but they didn't appear either. I even attempted running just like you left it, with the herostat you gave us and everything, and it still did not work....

Quote from: IOwnALego111 on October 09, 2019, 12:55PM

Like I've said earlier, I made sue that I did swap out the menulocations for that version. Even if I would've not changed it, I would atleast have gotten the first 27 characters, but they didn't appear either. I even attempted running just like you left it, with the herostat you gave us and everything, and it still did not work....

The heroes that appear are the ones that I choose earlier with my CharacterSelect in the old heroselect, despite the fact that I ran OHS several times...

Quote from: IOwnALego111 on October 09, 2019, 12:55PM

Can you run it with the -d option and post the generated herostat.xml (put it in pastebin or something and link it)?

Also did you update the OHS herostat.cfg file's first line with the location of your game's data folder?

I'm not sure how to do the "-d option". Ill try to do it myself. In the meanwhile, could you please explain how to do it?

And yes I did update the location, it's exactly the same one I have in my cfg in the old herostat. I just copied and pasted it (I mean the location only, not the whole cfg. I did all the corrections obviously)

Quote from: Tony Stark on October 10, 2019, 06:01PM
Can you run it with the -d option and post the generated herostat.xml (put it in pastebin or something and link it)?

Also did you update the OHS herostat.cfg file's first line with the location of your game's data folder?

Ok so I really have no idea what I've done but OHS  won't create the files in data, but it somehow generates herostat.xml, the one you asked, I have no idea how i did that honestly but ok here it is, i pasted in a google docs cause I can't paste it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1877pdpQbBN0xUM-2itxm4yknPHnXLfi1YngtPD38HbQ/edit?usp=sharing

Quote from: Tony Stark on October 10, 2019, 06:01PM

Something to add, really weird that is happening:

1. I am getting 33 spaces to put characters, but there are not 33 characters, there are 27 spaces and the blank ones are filled with "Human Torch"

2. There was once I tried using OHS recently where I left the herostat.cfg as you gave it exactly, only changed the game location in the first line and added jean grey just to test if it worked, and for some really weird reason I would open my game and the only characters available to use where the 4 main (cap, wolverine, spiderman, thor) and jean grey, the one I just added. it's so weird!

Quote from: IOwnALego111 on October 12, 2019, 12:18PM
Something to add, really weird that is happening:

1. I am getting 33 spaces to put characters, but there are not 33 characters, there are 27 spaces and the blank ones are filled with "Human Torch"

2. There was once I tried using OHS recently where I left the herostat.cfg as you gave it exactly, only changed the game location in the first line and added jean grey just to test if it worked, and for some really weird reason I would open my game and the only characters available to use where the 4 main (cap, wolverine, spiderman, thor) and jean grey, the one I just added. it's so weird!

Wait, did you install the Official Characters Pack before installing the 36R hack?