Wolverine and the X-Men - cartoon trailer

Started by iammingy, February 04, 2008, 09:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic

October 14, 2009, 04:15PM #106 Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 04:18PM by Mr. Rage ^^
I liked the cast they had in the show, and the actors who portrayed them (most of them).  I did not like Gambit's actor though, his voice just doesn't sound right to me.  I still think the TAS voice actor was the best Gambit.  PERIOD.  They really should've sought after him and got him on their cast, he is Gambit as far as I'm concerned.  Nobody can replace him.  Anyway:

Wolverine
Beast
Cyclops
Iceman
Shadowcat
Nightcrawler
Emma Frost
Rogue
Storm
Jean Grey
Colossus

I do hope next season Emma gets revived some how.  I thought she was perfect in the show.  I do hope Jean also is back with the team and plays a bigger part than just being lost and find bait.  It would be great to have Colossus back with the team as well, and get Nightcrawler a bit more active too.  I would also like to see Gambit on the team at some point as well.  Even though I didn't like his voice, I liked that he showed a bit more creative use with his powers and using objects around him as weapons in addition to his cards.  His character was pretty cool.  I think with Emma back, Colossus active, and Gambit a part of the team, the roster would be perfect.  I wouldn't mind seeing Betsy in as well, but she looked liked a wimp in season 1.  Emma completely owned her.  Which reminds me, isn't Betsy supposed to be immune to psychic attacks?

Anyway, overall I really enjoyed the show, I thought it had some good writing in it.  However, the art style just wasn't my thing.  I wish it were drawn a little different, but I was able to get over that after a while.

Oh, and for fuck's sake Scott Blum should put a little more emotion in to his voice acting for Wolverine.  I thought he was pretty good for the XML and MUA series, but in the show he seems very monotone a lot of the time.  With the exception of the occasional grunt like he has constipation, he sounds very plain.  He didn't have the emotion in his voice like he did with the games or like the other voice actors did in the show.  Just my opinion anyway.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

She only has psychic immunity when she got tk which she doesn't have in the show. We know Colossus will be joining the X-Men. I think the roster would be perfect with the current, living members along with Colossus (he hasn't rejoined yet), Gambit, and Psylocke. I would say Polaris but I don't see her joining but if she did I would love it.

You just don't like Emma :P  Rather than directly say you didn't want her in the roster, you went around it by saying the "living" members of the X-Men.  It's ok, most Jean Grey fanboys don't like her.  :rofl:  But still, not 100% sure she's even dead.  I'm sure they'll work something out and she will be back.

I don't think Polaris should join the X-Men.  At least not yet.  I'm interested in what is going to happen to Magneto and Genosha though.  Since he is exhiled and Wanda is running it, I wonder how she is going to change without her father running things.  I also think Quicksilver is stupid.  His father is always tossing him aside, and yet for some reason he stays by Magneto, even when Magneto got exhiled.  Just before that Magneto basically admitted he had no confidence in his son at all when Wanda said she was going to have no part in Magneto's plans and Quicksilver offered to round up the troops.  He just says to get his sister to come to her senses.  But anyway, yeah.

October 14, 2009, 04:38PM #109 Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 04:41PM by whiteking
Emma should be back, she was the best character in that cartoon, even better than Wolverine, and that's hard since the show is about him.
I'm also glad that Jean is back, and as Mr. Rage i hope that the show her as a powerfull women and not only the bait who need to be recued.
Scott must be better than a crying baby. Storm needs more personality too. Another add to the cast? Dazzler, Psylocke and Gambit.

Quote from: Mr. Rage ^^ on October 14, 2009, 04:33PM
You just don't like Emma :P  Rather than directly say you didn't want her in the roster, you went around it by saying the "living" members of the X-Men.  It's ok, most Jean Grey fanboys don't like her.  :rofl:  But still, not 100% sure she's even dead.  I'm sure they'll work something out and she will be back.

You have said it better than nobody! :)
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Dazzler.  Yeah she would be a nice inclusion in the series somehow, maybe not as a full time member though.  The roster from last season (including the "full time" members who went awol for a while like Jean and Colossus) was already 11 people.  That's kind of a big roster, and there won't be enough room to feature everyone all the time.  However, the only thing I ask is NO Jubilee.  I had my fill of her in TAS already.  I absolutely do not like her whatsoever.  She is a stupid and annoying character.

October 14, 2009, 04:45PM #111 Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 04:48PM by whiteking
Unfortunately you are right, they never did a good job on her, she was mmm.... the pet!

EDIT: And also Rogue need to be far better than the current version in the cartoon. She's annoying. Where's the southern belle that we loved on TAS???
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

I've never tried to hide my dislike for Emma. I don't exactly hate her but she is close to hated. I do think if Scott and Emma were not together I would in fact like her. Honestly to me she was better as a villain. I cannot stand her as an x-man but I like her as a villain.

I don't think dazzler should join or at least not yet.

I do agree about quicksilver. He is an annoyance. Wanda is awesome though!

I don't like her being with Scott much either to be honest.  I think he was better off with Jean.  They were together since the land before time, and then they screw it all up and have him cheat on her and what not with Emma.  I thought that was just retarded.  Personally I thought he would've been better than that, but I guess it doesn't matter and no point disputing it since it already happened.

Dazzler would be nice as a cameo here and there, not a full time member.  It would be nice to see her though.  We saw her briefly for like 3 seconds in season 1 when she was putting on a show in Genosha, that was it.

I'm not sure if I like Polaris' sheltered from the world and completely innocent character.  It makes her look too weak.

October 15, 2009, 12:42PM #114 Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:44PM by MarvelFan12345
Agreed. I expected her and Wanda's roles switched due to Wanda's enormous power she could be unstable.

With Frost I cannot help but enjoy her in the 90s when she was still the White Queen. The moment she is with Scott and the rest of the X-Men I am truly disgusted by her. I do think the Hellfire Club was at it's best with her and Emma was at her best when she was the White Queen. In my opinion the X-Men is at it's worse right now with Emma and some other flop characters.

Well, not everythings perfect, but I think this cartoon series is much better then X-Men: Evolution :) (For me, that is)

Much better.  Evolution was kind of... well it was made of fail.

Yeah. I like this one, it's just so great! I can't wait for the second season. BTW, any info about when it will be done or something?

I heard something a while back about them being in post production for it, but I can't remember where.  Never saw a release date or anything.  They still haven't even shown all of season 1 yet.  At least not in the U.S.  Last I checked Marvel's site was only up to like episode 7 or something, and I got tired of waiting so I just "found" it and watched the whole season in one shot.