Samus and Link: Hoax/mod or real thing?

Started by Jade Giant, May 30, 2008, 05:50AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Not sure if this belongs in modding discussion or here, but here goes.

Kotaku wrote a story on how Link and Samus were originally supposed to be in the game, with some footage of Samus in action on the PS2. If you guys already knew this was a possibility, lock this thread and shame me forever. I just wanted to make sure you folks knew about it and if you knew any more information.

Link to story: http://kotaku.com/5011761/footage-of-samus-in-marvel-ultimate-alliance

:hulk_icon:

Well, that's definitely a dev setup, as the power buttons don't show up below the character anymore, as well as some really subtle differences.  I wonder if they hid those on the Wii disc somewhere.  I'm 99.99999999999% sure they wouldn't have - that would create major friction with Nintendo if the files were ever found.

Rumor has it that Activision/Raven made them and proposed Nintendo to have them in the Wii version of M:UA. The problem was that the demo of those characters was made for the PS2, which didnt't make Nintendo too happy. So they basically refused the offer. Here's my "I-really-don't-know-if-it's-reliable" source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=44623

Also: http://www.spacejase.com/index.php?page=gallery

May 30, 2008, 09:06AM #3 Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 09:10AM by Teancum
I very seriously doubt the fact that the demo being on the PS2 made Nintendo mad.  It's possible that the Wii version wasn't far enough along.  It's not like Activision asked for it to be on the PS2.  The idea that would Nintendo got mad is dumb.  (I know it's not your idea Gevth)  Obviously they would have been Wii exclusives, but were being demoed on the PS2 (or it's possible that what you see is Wii gameplay, but they had not make the icon graphics yet for Wii, thus the PS2 buttons).

Heh, that spacejase.com link also shows Captain Britain, Ultimate Super Skrull and a different version of Vision.

Quote from: Teancum on May 30, 2008, 09:06AM
Heh, that spacejase.com link also shows Captain Britain, Ultimate Super Skrull and a different version of Vision.

Can these images be used as skins? Sorry if it's a stupid question (and for my bad english) I 'm telling something about copy this images and 'fit' in another carachter model like Iammingy did with xbox 360 hulk and thing.

May 30, 2008, 10:16AM #5 Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 10:22AM by Teancum
The four MUA ones can, those textures he posted are 256x256

Check out this clip from the dude's resume:

Quote* Led team of five artists over five months and created six fully playable exclusive characters for Marvel* Ultimate Alliance (Wii/PSP)

Let's see -- PSP: Hawkeye, Ronin, Capatain Marvel and Black Widow, and Wii: Samus and Link.  Sounds like the six characters to me.  There's also a way to contact him, though I'm 110% sure he doesn't have the rights to 'leak' the models out.

Oww The only problem is I don't know how to do that and I don't want to ask him for permission(Because my english is bad and i don't know how to ask this politely)

Very interesting stuff! I think that Ultimate SuperSkrull was actually in one of the PSP-exclusive comic book missions.

Quote from: Teancum on May 30, 2008, 10:16AM
The four MUA ones can, those textures he posted are 256x256

Check out this clip from the dude's resume:

Let's see -- PSP: Hawkeye, Ronin, Capatain Marvel and Black Widow, and Wii: Samus and Link.  Sounds like the six characters to me.  There's also a way to contact him, though I'm 110% sure he doesn't have the rights to 'leak' the models out.
And the captain britain? I never thought it like a exclusive character for some console

Man those Cap skins look good (although they should have picked the 80's or original costume over the 90's Excalibur version).

Although it is highly unlikely the guy'll be able to release any of the stuff he did, perhaps he may be able to inform us of the dev tools that were used and perhaps provide us with info on how to do some stuff such as custom animations.

Just a thought...

Thanks for all your input guys, I wasn't sure what to think about this. I'd like to see if someone could get in touch with him and see if he can give us any useful tools or information.

The Dev's like we are,are always messin around with ideas that never make it to the game.they enjoy it as much as we do with creative idea's. 
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Quote from: cvc on June 01, 2008, 02:42PM
The Dev's like we are,are always messin around with ideas that never make it to the game.they enjoy it as much as we do with creative idea's. 

Then hey, maybe this guy will understand and lend us some fun stuff.

June 02, 2008, 07:18AM #13 Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 07:22AM by Teancum
I'm sure he's under contract not to do so.  I mean we're talking about Nintendo and Marvel.  They own the rights to those characters, and technically anything he made at the time he was working for Vicarious Visions could not be publicly released.  I'm not 100% sure on that, but I would say I'm 95% sure.

Can't hurt to hope, though. Anyone willing to contact him?