Who will be in: THE AVENGERS?

Started by the amazing spiderman, July 10, 2008, 08:24PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 11, 2008, 03:56PM #15 Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 04:01PM by Magneto
k, but what i was saying is that this has never happened yet.  They still have time with Thor and Cap.

i mean, ok, it's the marvel universe, but there must be coherence within this universe. They can't just pop up one day and say: Oh, by the way, why arent all the superpowerful mutants around the world helping us fighting against hulk(or doom/goblin/doc.ock/silversurfer/ironmonger/etc)

so, it's too late to include mutants in the already started stand-alone series. but they still have time for the ones still to come.

Anyhow, let's face it, if there had been mutants there, everyone seeing Hulk would have said: hey there's a big green filthy mutant here!

I totally 150% disagree.  Lets take Iron Monger for instance.  Iron Man dispatched him in one meeting -- no need for mutants.  Doc Ock, Goblin and Venom were essentially the same thing, though the first two had more than one meeting with movie Spidey.  And back on Hulk, who's to say in the "universe" that people didn't think he was some sort of mutant?  You didn't see that because it wasn't important to Hulk's story.

Besides, when people started fighting the villains early on in the comics, they didn't call in other Marvel characters for the first fight.  That came later on. 

Bottom line:  Just because you haven't seen any mutants in Iron Man, Spidey or Hulk doesn't mean there aren't any.  It just means that the movie wasn't about mutants - it was about Iron Man, Spidey or Hulk.  Adding X-Men in with already 3 films dedicated to them would have stolen those character's thunder.  That's probably (among other reasons) why there's not even a slight Spidey cameo in the other movies too.

Think about it this way: In those movies, nobody mentioned Finnish people, yet that doesn't mean Finland doesn't exist in the movie universe.

All the recent Marvel movies have one linking factor - Stan Lee. :P
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

July 12, 2008, 04:46AM #20 Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 04:51AM by Magneto
that's pretty different actually. Finnish people are not as influent on the world as the mutants.

According just to what happened in the movies, the president of the USA has risked death 3 times because of mutants, all the world's most powerful leaders' lives have been threathened, every single human on the planet was mentally attacked by Xavier, alcatraz and the Golden gate were destroyed, they caused the political debate around the Mutant Registration Act, they caused the creation of the Cure, Senator Kelly based his campaign on the fight agains mutants, the army attacked them several times. Many many things differ from 'our' world.

So having mutants would be just like not having, for example, Buddhism. I mean, it's the chaos teory. One even little thing changes everything.

And in the other marvel movies there's absolutely NO sign of mutants, not even a graffito or a poster on a wall saying "mutants suck", while for example in the first x-men movie, we see mutants are also in the news on tv, even if only for futile reasons. (it says we'll talk about the mutant problem and...." etc. very random.) it's like our tv news talking about terrorism or the pope. And again, other example, in spider-man 1, people wonders who is spidey or what he is, why he's got strange spider-like powers and so on, while, if there had been mutants, they would have just said, "ok, here's another of those vigilante mutants"

That being said, you'll never make me change my mind! NEVUR! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!! :king:

Again, I think it's due to the fact that it's an irrelevant point in the non-mutant movies.  I went to watch Iron Man to watch Iron Man, not to have some little mutant cameo.

Plus - did people suspect "MUTANT" every time someone had super powers in the comics?  No, they didn't.  Sometimes, but not very often. 

That's fine if we never change your mind.  Doesn't change the fact that you're horribly wrong :D

i definetly agree with teancum. it called the marvel universe b/c all the characters from the marvel continuity are in it...
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

ok never mind, we'll just keep our ideas immutated.

so, do you think they'll introduce new characters with The Avengers or (as i suspect) they'll introduce all the characters with stand-alone movies?

I wonder if they'd bring in Sandman, he was an Avenger for a bit wasn't he? Plus he kinda 'reformed' at the end of Spidey 3.

I doubt he'd be in the first movie though...

I think they'll bring on 1-2 new characters in the Avengers film... probably Hawkeye and one other.

yeah,i dont think that it'll be only stand alone ,movies...

som1 said cap, thor, stark, hulk and giant...but they cant do that, IMO, cuz there wont be any women and less women will go and see it...

July 12, 2008, 06:25PM #27 Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 06:30PM by Venom
I would like to see Spider-man and wolverine , I also think Hulk may be made out as a villain but will probably join them later on in the movie to defeat a bigger evil :D

ooo,thats an interesting idea , venom....

Cap, IM, Thor, Hulk, and S.H.I.E.L.D. definitely should be there.

Hawkeye, Giant Man, Wasp, and Black Panther are quite likely.

Ms. Marvel, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Beast, Falcon, Yellowjacket, Tigra, and Quasar are least likely, and *might* make cameos.