What characters have YOU replaced?

Started by Grig 32, July 14, 2008, 07:27PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Character replaced: Storm with Nightcrawler
Reason: Storm's just a wussy clone of Thor without Might

Character replaced: Black Panther with Cyclops
Reason: Black Panther is just a wussy clone of Wolverine without a healing factor :P And I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Cyclops... especially because of his refection beam - he's a lot cooler in this game ;)

Character replaced: Nick Fury with Magma
Reason: I didn't like being able to talk to Nick Fury with... Nick Fury lol - its not so bad in the missions but doing it ALL THE TIME in every single base bugs me :P

Character replaced: Moon Knight with Beast
Reason: I've got tons of little projectile damagers - but very few tanks. Beast always ticked my 'gotta have' box in XM Legends so *shrug* I grabbed 'em

Character Replaced: Ghost Rider with Emma Frost
Reason: Hello?! Radial Stunning? lol Emma rocks ;) besides, Ghost Riders just a buggy fire spitter :P

Character Replaced: Luke Cage with Psylocke
Reason: Luke Cage has very little health and some LOUSY outfit bonus' :P Psylock and her blades and radial attack is MUCH better

Characters your THINKING of replacing

Name: Elektra
Reason: Her attacks do very little - to none at all - damage... her X-Treme is near useless and her stun attack is lousy :P

Name: Spider Woman
Reason: Same as above, her attacks (even fully charged) do very little damage and her extreme is about three inches short of lousy.

Uh... sorry... I just... I just posted this for fun. Everyone talks about characters they've replaced and characters that modders have made that they love.

I didn't mean to insult or piss anyone off... though I hardly think that was called for...

If u hav nothing better to do than to disregard peoples posts and be rude,than ur the one that needs a life...

i dont remember which characters i replaced, but when i get back to my computer ill post :)
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

Thats cool *shrug* its just for fun since everyone talks about the chars they love and stuff and I thought it would be a laugh to see what chars everyones game uses and how heavily modded it is lol

I've replaced...

Black Panther
Blade
Captain America
Daredevil
Deadpool
Dr. Strange
Elektra
Ghost Rider
Human Torch
Invisible Woman
Iron Man
Moon Knight
Mr. Fantastic
Ms. Marvel
Nick Fury
Silver Surfer
Spiderman
Spider-Woman
The Thing
Thor
The two extra slots

With, well, X-Men. I have one slot left and that's Luke Cage who I haven't gotten around to replacing yet.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: ladykiller on July 14, 2008, 08:27PM
Get a life!

That's very nice of you, demoralizing other people and putting them down with unnecessary comments.

July 16, 2008, 09:15AM #7 Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 09:22AM by Teancum
Quote from: ladykiller on July 14, 2008, 08:27PM
Get a life!

Don't get smart, unless you want to get banned.

Back on topic, I can't really say for the PC, as I only use it for development, but on the Xbox:

*Elektra with Iron Fist (Work in Progress)

*Colossus (formerly) with Hulk (Work in Progress)

*Blade with Hawkeye (really just a skin and one power right now, but will be a full replacement including rescuing Hawkeye in Murderworld instead of Blade)

*Nick Fury with War Machine (this was going to be Punisher, but he never got finished)

I'd like to eventually replace Black Panther with Punisher, but I dunno if I'd ever get around to it.

And lastly, there's Moon Knight, who I kept in just because he's a blast to play as.

so far the only characters ive replaced are Moon Knight for Hulk (dont really know or care about Moon Knight) and Deadpool for Black Widow (dont really like Deadpool, and i really like using Black Widow).  The other extra spots are taken by Hawkeye and Captain Marvel.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Since I last posted I've replaced Elektra with Black Widow - she rocks WAY more than Elektra and should have been in the PC game originally :P

Her stun attack, radiation attack and rapid fire gun just plain rock ;)

However, she does kinda kill the storyline, if you speak to her whilst at a home base, just like Col. Fury.

Knife Bomb and Controlled Burst are her best moves, IMO.

Yup... but it gives you a picture of just how BAD Elektra is when I'm willing to replace her with a storyline twister :P

I think they tried a little too hard to make Elektra unique and it ended up making her suck.  I mean you look at her and can see that they put lots of effort into her.

It's nothing an edit of the Talents can't fix though, right?
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

I never understood why her 'stun' attack didn't do any damage... on Emma Frost it makes sense as her attacks are all radial - but on a light tank it doesn't make sense. She can only attack one person with that attack at a time