How do you feel yourself? / General Talk about everything

Started by LX - Rampage, September 22, 2009, 10:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello, i have a problem. Not me actually but one of my mmm friends. He's a new and he cant write posts in topics (in ASM skins topic). He wants to post his skins there (nice skins, he is kinda my pupil) and problem in this
http://i077.radikal.ru/1210/22/d1205d4ace65.jpg
he has not reply button. Anyone know what is it?

Did he post in the Hello my name is topic? It's to prevent bots from coming in the forum and spam and stuff.

I know this is all so sudden, but I found a game that made me go angry, like after few minutes. I'm talking about many people's favourite fighting game, Street Fighter IV (to be more precise: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition).

Well...damn. I only heard good things about it, but I don't like it at all :D I mean, I have no problem playing with games like Mortal Kombat, Dead or Alive, Tekken or even Soul Calibur. These are all great series. Enjoyable fighting games. But for me, Street Fighter is not one of these.

As always, I did a little training first, just to get used to the buttons. After like 15 minutes of training with Ryu (he is on the cover, so I assumed, that he is the typical easiest to use character for beginners). The special moves are easy to use to tell you the truth, so I thought: "Hey, I might have a chance with this game".

So I started playing offline arcade mode. And that's where I lost it. As a total beginner in the series, I started playing on easy difficulty, just for a warm up (I thought). After like the second or third opponent, I started fighting Ibuki. And, damn, she beat me like 10 times :D

I mean, seriously, I tried my best, but unlike most fighting games, I didn't find the easy combos. You know, like pressing X X and O for something good looking. No, sir, I didn't find anything like that.

When I finally got through her, I've found myself on this car beating bonus stage. Bonus for what? :D Really, why did the game give me a gift, if I barely got through her. Okay, I enjoyed the fact, that I couldn't lose once, but I think bonuses should be given, if you actually got through like the first four enemies without dying (you know, the gift for all the trouble). But, okay, gimme that car.

After that I faced Dee Jay. As a Tekken fan, I know what capoeira fighters can do (I'm actually good with Eddy Gordo and Christie Monteiro in Tekken). So I assumed I will start losing again. I defeated the guy for my first try. I was like: "Maybe I start to get good at it".

Than came mister Zangief. And yes, I started pushing start to continue for a long time. After like my 20th try (when I was only able to get half of his life drained), I actually gave up. :D

I'm not saying it's a bad game, but for a total starter like myself, it's not easy and accessible enough. At least, not on easy difficulty. I'm sure there are thousands of people, who suffered the same fate and I'm sure there are thousands of rookies who had no problem. But for me, this game is not cool. And I had to write it down like this, just to get cooled down :D

Sooo Halloween is in 3 days and I don't have a Halloween costume xP

What is everyone else being ? :D

I don't think I am dressing up for Halloween, but yesterday we had a Rocky Horror Picture Show party and I dressed up for that.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I'm being a Tim Burtony version of Doctor Who for Halloween itself but I have a bunch of different costumes for wearing this next week XD

I don't really know if there's any point in dressing up here, because I don't know if there are any actual Halloween events where I am. If I do dress up, I'll go as Tony Stark (civilian attire).

I don't do Halloween so I will be nothing.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

I will dress up as my humble self, because we don't dress up during this time of the year.

We don't have Halloween here either, they're sorta trying to incorperate it by trowing Halloween party's in certain places, but it isn't considered a holiday here, (sadly)

We do however have Sint-Maarten, the dutch answer to halloween, and Carnaval, which is a dressup holiday aswell, but not as 'scary' as halloween
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Carnaval makes us dutchies look like idiots in my opinion. Which is why I won't participate anymore :P Halloween seems fun though. They do it in some parts of our country.

Me and my friend are going to go as Jeff and Jane the Killer(s)

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I have a Dutch friend. She feeds me speculaas and stroopwafels.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.