How do you feel yourself? / General Talk about everything

Started by LX - Rampage, September 22, 2009, 10:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Nowhere Man on January 10, 2012, 08:53PM
agreed, I can totally see Storm and Iron Man having an incredibly balanced fight. Magneto would be a stronger opponent, but still noticeably outclassed.

Truth is no X-Men is on the same level as Thor. But considering how many "vigilante" heroes the Avengers have (without or nearly without super-powers), it would make sense to have one tough X-Men take care of several so that a small team of some of the most powerful X-Men could try taking Thor down.

That's how I see that fight. I think that outside him, the fight is quite balanced, since there's no "i'm too powerfull" member on either team (based on the characters that have been shown in the previews). Probably the Scarlet Witch, but she lost the life force that overloaded her reality powers so she's not overpowered anymore.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Yes, plus her opponent is Hope, who's also an omega lvl who may have a sudden peak of God-like power, so I guess they're balanced even on that.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Yay! Iceman vs Spider-Man! It's obvious who I'm backing :P
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

January 11, 2012, 07:33PM #2583 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:09PM by whiteking
Quote from: Dihan on January 11, 2012, 06:41PM
Yay! Iceman vs Spider-Man! It's obvious who I'm backing :P

Well it's quite obvious who would win, anyway ;)

EDIT:

Damn, I was expecting her to mind blast half of the Avengers like she did with Ms Marvel before, not this. Colossusnaut was a better option for me to fight the green guy, it's like the Storm vs Thor teaser, not a very balanced fight.
But I'll be positive, her diamond form is quite strong, based on the last issues of Uncanny Xmen when she recieved 2 blast from the dreaming celestial and she only lost an arm and she managed to fight against Hulk on WWH without a significant injury.
Still I love the teaser, she's fighting a top member of the avengers, so yay for that :P

Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

January 11, 2012, 08:39PM #2584 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:49PM by Nowhere Man
Hulk has proven himself vastly resistant to telepathy and the Hulk has way more strength than her. I'm starting to think these previews have nothing to do with the actual fights that are gonna happen.

Edit: next 2

January 11, 2012, 08:53PM #2585 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:57PM by whiteking
Quote from: Nowhere Man on January 11, 2012, 08:39PM
Hulk has proven himself vastly resistant to telepathy and the Hulk has way more strength than her. I'm starting to think these previews have nothing to do with the actual fights that are gonna happen.

Yeah I know, It's more as if the artist tried to highlight two important characters in a fight on each cover. Since most of the fights are not balanced on these teasers. My coment about her diamond form is that yeah, while he's way more powerfull, he wont be able to crush her that easily ;)

EDIT:
Ok, Ms. Marvel vs Rogue is a classic lol. Carol is more powerfull now, yet Rogue has the psychological factor on her side ;)
And the other prev, basically shows us which side is taking Beast. I'm not sure how strong is Luke Cage so I wont say anything about that fight :)
Phoenix Endsong #5

January 11, 2012, 08:54PM #2586 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:57PM by MarvelFan12345
Quote from: Nowhere Man on January 11, 2012, 08:39PM
That's possible. Most of these fights are quite unbalanced. Psylocke vs Widow, Storm vs Thor, Hulk vs Emma Frost, etc. I'm not too eager about who's gonna win the individual fights anyway. I think it's safe to say that the Avengers will be the ultimate victor. While the X-Men are incredibly popular, Marvel has focused the Avengers as their top franchise. And I can't imagine the Avengers losing in a summer event...the same time that their big movie is coming out! Unfortunately the X-Men have the odds against them right now.

EDIT: More previews.

Wonder how Rogue and Ms. Marvel got to Paris lol. And I'm suprised Beast is fighting Luke Cage. I thought he and Wolverine were confirmed on the Avengers side, not just by fans, but by the writers as well. The writers also mentioned that the Gold Team could either follow Wolverine and the rest of the Avengers or they'd stick with Cyclops's squad. If Rogue really will be fighting Ms. Marvel I guess the X-Men won't let a "schism" separate them for this event.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on January 11, 2012, 08:54PM
That's possible. Most of these fights are quite unbalanced. Psylocke vs Widow, Storm vs Thor, Hulk vs Emma Frost, etc. I'm not too eager about who's gonna win the individual fights anyway. I think it's safe to say that the Avengers will be the ultimate victor. While the X-Men are incredibly popular, Marvel has focused the Avengers as their top franchise. And I can't imagine the Avengers losing in a summer event...the same time that their big movie is coming out! Unfortunately the X-Men have the odds against them right now.

Wonder how Rogue and Ms. Marvel got to Paris lol. And I'm suprised Beast is fighting Luke Cage. I thought he and Wolverine were confirmed on the Avengers side, not just by fans, but by the writers as well. The writers also mentioned that the Gold Team could either follow Wolverine and the rest of the Avengers or they'd stick with Cyclops's squad. If Rogue really will be fighting Ms. Marvel I guess the X-Men won't let a "schism" separate them for this event.

Well, in a collective fight, each team has a posibility, since both teams has a character that can counter another, and the big guys on each team will have "flaws" to make the fight more realist.
I dont think that the avengers movie would be a factor since most of the people that watch the movies is not a fan of the comics, want an example? most of the people that saw x men first class has no idea of the current continuity on the Xmen, it must be the same with the Avengers.
About Wolverine, I read on an article that he and his team would be with Cyclops and the rest of the Xmen, since with the involvement of the Phoenix force it's more like a Mutants vs the Avengers, instead of Cyclops team vs the Avengers.
Phoenix Endsong #5

beg to differ. Thor ressurected right at the time his movie came out. same with Captain America. when Iron Man movies came out he was more omnipresent than ever b4. WWH was released right on time for his movie as well. Think about it as comics wanting to increase sales by using the movies as advertisement.

January 11, 2012, 09:26PM #2589 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 09:35PM by whiteking
Maybe. Then it's more to increase sales than just promote the movie it should not affect the result of a fight (yeah yeah in my world of hapiness). And I insist, the end of this will be more like a "yeah we should be together instead of fighting each other if we want to get rid of that pigeon and the treat it represents"

Phoenix Endsong #5

Quote from: whiteking on January 11, 2012, 09:07PM
Well, in a collective fight, each team has a posibility, since both teams has a character that can counter another, and the big guys on each team will have "flaws" to make the fight more realist.
I dont think that the avengers movie would be a factor since most of the people that watch the movies is not a fan of the comics, want an example? most of the people that saw x men first class has no idea of the current continuity on the Xmen, it must be the same with the Avengers.
About Wolverine, I read on an article that he and his team would be with Cyclops and the rest of the Xmen, since with the involvement of the Phoenix force it's more like a Mutants vs the Avengers, instead of Cyclops team vs the Avengers.
Continuity has never been the same in comics and movies. But remember that the Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, and Avengers are films created by Marvel Studios while the X-Men film franchise belongs to Fox. This is partially why Marvel has sort of removed focus from the X-Films compared to Marvel's own films (not to mention the Avengers have replaced the X-Men as Marvel's top franchise in the past few years).

Quote from: Nowhere Man on January 11, 2012, 09:17PM
beg to differ. Thor ressurected right at the time his movie came out. same with Captain America. when Iron Man movies came out he was more omnipresent than ever b4. WWH was released right on time for his movie as well. Think about it as comics wanting to increase sales by using the movies as advertisement.
And like Nowhere Man said about the returns of Cap and Thor as well as Iron Man's stronger presence in the MU, Marvel tries to promote their comics with the films. People who watch the films may get interested in the comics and they'll want to check them out. The above stuff all coincided with the release of their films so that movie-turned-comic fans got a chance to read the characters.
In fact in the 2000s, during Cyclops' merging with Apocalypse, the original plan was that Cyclops was dead and would stay that way. But the movie came out and people who began to read the comics wondered where the X-Leader was which is why Cyclops was "resurrected". Even the New X-Men leather costumes came to match the costumes from the film.
So I just can't imagine Marvel having their huge summer with their biggest heroes all in one film only to have the comic counterparts being the loser of one of Marvel's biggest crossover events

oh boy:

Love them!
I love Gambit so much but....GO SPIDER WOMAN! lol
About the other 2 pics, I'm (as you already knew) team X-men ^^
Phoenix Endsong #5

January 13, 2012, 03:28PM #2593 Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:40PM by MarvelFan12345
Go Thing! Even if he has no chance lol. DD is great and I'll root for him since last I checked Archangel was evil...then again last I checked Archangel was dead. Wonder how Betsy will feel about this.

EDIT: Also for all the Betsy fans out there (I sadly don't now too many on this forum), Psylocke was voted as Marvel's 2nd biggest hero of 2011 at marvel.com. That makes her the biggest X-Character of the year! Go psychic butterflies